• Sydney

Votes: 44 3.3%
  • West Coast

Votes: 64 4.8%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 5 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Redden got 29 touches, 9 marks, 6 tackles in last years elimination final against Essendon. You don’t have to look far, old mates just trolling

Reddens also averaged 22 disposals, 6 tackles and 4 clearances per game, over 200 games

Picketts effort doesn’t even match Reddens career averages

And to no surprise, Redden didn’t get named in the best players for that game.

Good to know he can rack up some meaningless touches against a team that hasn’t won a final in years.

All you’ve done is highlight what we all know, Pickett has greater impact per disposal than Redden.

Cheers

Good to know he can rack up some meaningless touches against a team that hasn’t won a final in years.

All you’ve done is highlight what we all know, Pickett has greater impact per disposal than Redden.

Cheers
Check his tackles stats, provides value in other ways!

Cheers
Easy to stand out in a midfield full of role players, apart from Martin

If Pickett keeps up his numbers from one game for the rest of his career, then maybe he can be seriously compared to Redden

Cheers

If Pickett keeps up his numbers from one game for the rest of his career, then maybe he can be seriously compared to Redden

Cheers
Dusty played forward most of the GF. How good is Pickett then if he can cream GWS’s star studded midfield with just the help from role players? Amazing. I bet Redden couldn’t do that.

Lol Pickett has already gone past Redden. Stop trying to talk him down because we stole him from under your noses. Just ask Tim Kelly how talented Pickett is 😍

Dusty played forward most of the GF. How good is Pickett then if he can cream GWS’s star studded midfield with just the help from role players? Amazing. I bet Redden couldn’t do that.

Lol Pickett has already gone past Redden. Stop trying to talk him down because we stole him from under your noses. Just ask Tim Kelly how talented Pickett is 😍
You’re melting now, calm down

Facts are a player in his first game showed up your entire midfield with a performance below that of an average game from Jack Redden. If it weren’t for Dusty you’d be rooted

Thanks for bringing it to our attention

Cheers
Not replying to this post directly however strange comparison this one. A 200+ game player to a one game player.
There is no doubt Pickett had a stunning debut and a huge impact on Grand Final day in a premiership side. However the fact that he is being compared to a 200 game solid consistent performer does surprise me and there are now stats being pulled out to support cases?
These guys’ careers are not comparable at this stage.

He had a ripper of a game at 27yo and we are claiming we have found one. We did on GF day. What numpties our recruiters were for the past 9 years!

I wish Marlion a great career (hopefully at the same level as GF day) after some trials and tribulations early in his career however some (particularly Hawthorn supporters) will remember Michael Cooke and (particularly Carlton supporters) will remember Ted Hopkins.

If Big Footy was around then supporters would have been banging on big time about these guys.

A fair bit needs to play out before we draw comparisons between these two guys.

You’re melting now, calm down

Facts are a player in his first game showed up your entire midfield with a performance below that of an average game from Jack Redden. If it weren’t for Dusty you’d be rooted

Thanks for bringing it to our attention
He also showed up GWS’s entire midfield as well, meanwhile Jack Redden was in Bali.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not replying to this post directly however strange comparison this one. A 200+ game player to a one game player.
There is no doubt Pickett had a stunning debut and a huge impact on Grand Final day in a premiership side. However the fact that he is being compared to a 200 game solid consistent performer does surprise me and there are now stats being pulled out to support cases?
These guys’ careers are not comparable at this stage.

He had a ripper of a game at 27yo and we are claiming we have found one. We did on GF day. What numpties our recruiters were for the past 9 years!

I wish Marlion a great career (hopefully at the same level as GF day) after some trials and tribulations early in his career however some (particularly Hawthorn supporters) will remember Michael Cooke and (particularly Carlton supporters) will remember Ted Hopkins.

If Big Footy was around then supporters would have been banging on big time about these guys.

A fair bit needs to play out before we draw comparisons between these two guys.
If Pickett only reached Redden’s ceiling I’d be disappointed. He has star potential.

Rotten to the core: (Players Disposals 200+ at your club) Ladder Format:

1st- Western Bulldogs: 8,438
2nd- GWS Giants: 8,259
3rd- Collingwood: 7,773
4th- Richmond: 7,534
5th- West Coast: 7,311
6th- Geelong: 7,156
7th- Brisbane: 6,981
8th- North Melbourne: 6,885

9th- Hawthorn: 6,852
10th- Port Adelaide: 6,785
11th- Adelaide: 6,670
12th- Carlton: 6,523
13th- Essendon: 6,460
14th- Melbourne: 6,408
15th- Gold Coast: 6,045
16th- Sydney: 6,014
17th- Fremantle: 5,864
18th- St Kilda: 5,674

Well a ladder with the Western Bulldogs on top, imagine that. Does not mean much obviously as it does not take
into account what teams actually do with the ball once they get it nor does it forecast how continuity or lack of
will affect season 2020.

In 2019 WC beat the Magpies and the Hawks at the G and the Crows at Adelaide oval.

WC's Melbourne record was 4-2 in 2019. In 2018, they didn't lose a game in Melbourne all year (you know, the year they lucked out the flag?)

You're truly hopeless. Just for the love of the board, just try to at least use some evidence so you don't continually embarrass yourself.
And beat no one in either year

We had the best record against top 8 sides in the comp you useless muppet.

....another thread, another Coaster2012 post where insults are being thrown around.

Are you full on melting across the entire Main Board now??

I reckon it is out of Adelaide and Essendon.

Adelaide as a club have some serious issues which they have begun to address, but have my concerns over their list and their output over the next few years. The exodus of players is pretty alarming. Boys club issues, cover ups, a coaches death, lack of exposed youth in favour of aging battlers are pretty concerning for the Crows IMO and it doesn't end there... Think they will struggle to be a good side in the short-medium.

Essendon have a strange list. They have drafted and traded in ways that haven't addressed their needs for a long period now. They have several high level players, but a lot of battlers and similar types. Don't like their list profile at all. Doubt they do damage in finals (if they make it) over the next 2-3 years and then where to?

I wanna hear justification from the people that chose GWS, Bulldogs and Brisbane as the list they least want. Those 3 have some most excellent talent at hand.

Strange. All 3 have an exciting blend of experienced, gun players and some seriously exciting youth and good list demographics IMO. 3 clubs who will be right up there over the short-medium term if you ask me... All seem well coached too, maybe some slight queries on Leon Cameron still, but they made the GF so.

Last edited:
Back