EDFL Div 2 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Didplay

Debutant
Sep 22, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
With Shannon Carol recruiting over 20 new players for season 2020 I’d be feeling a little concerned if I played in the 2019 Grand Final obviously he doesn’t rate his 2019 list ???
How many players will they loose if that’s the case

Patanui

Debutant
May 13, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Considering he’d be the one responsible for recruiting and maintaining the list to suggest he wouldn’t rate his grand final side doesn’t make much sense at all. If he wasn’t actively recruiting and putting pieces in place to make a move at going up next season and staying in Div1 the following year that’s when I’d be worried if I played there. And then there are those new players who would’ve contacted MV on their own as they do at most other clubs. I suspect the players aren’t concerned in the least. Probably more excited if anything.

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
With Shannon Carol recruiting over 20 new players for season 2020 I’d be feeling a little concerned if I played in the 2019 Grand Final obviously he doesn’t rate his 2019 list ???
How many players will they loose if that’s the case

its great to see MV actively recruiting as it’s not easy recruiting in Div2. To suggest the coach will not reward loyal players from last years side is ridiculous.All clubs lose players as well due to a number of reasons. I noticed the change in professionalism at MV about 5 years ago. Commitee seemed switched on and they all dressed very smartly in black pants and club apparel. Setting good standards can flow down and become an attractive place to be at.

Didplay

Debutant
Sep 22, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Considering he’d be the one responsible for recruiting and maintaining the list to suggest he wouldn’t rate his grand final side doesn’t make much sense at all. If he wasn’t actively recruiting and putting pieces in place to make a move at going up next season and staying in Div1 the following year that’s when I’d be worried if I played there. And then there are those new players who would’ve contacted MV on their own as they do at most other clubs. I suspect the players aren’t concerned in the least. Probably more excited if anything.
To bring in 20 new players surely they are not recruiting for the 2nds you would bring in 1s players as the 2s go ok

Patanui

Debutant
May 13, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
To bring in 20 new players surely they are not recruiting for the 2nds you would bring in 1s players as the 2s go ok

I haven't seen 20 clearances for any team in Div 2 other than maybe KP unless I missed some? And of course they'd be bringing in some 1's players but like I said not all would've been actively recruited. Some would be returning back to their junior home - maybe even as a seconds player - or moving to MV because they like the coach/the club/have mates there/not happy where they're at/whatever. Carroll said in that article that he realises that if a team doesn't move up a division this year they may not have a chance for two or three more years if the rumoured new teams enter Div2 next season. I don't think it's a big secret that every club is trying to do the same. Mv may just be in a better spot for several reasons but who knows what will happen this year

bangfrom50

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2009
Essendon
AFL Club
Carlton
I haven't seen 20 clearances for any team in Div 2 other than maybe KP unless I missed some? And of course they'd be bringing in some 1's players but like I said not all would've been actively recruited. Some would be returning back to their junior home - maybe even as a seconds player - or moving to MV because they like the coach/the club/have mates there/not happy where they're at/whatever. Carroll said in that article that he realises that if a team doesn't move up a division this year they may not have a chance for two or three more years if the rumoured new teams enter Div2 next season. I don't think it's a big secret that every club is trying to do the same. Mv may just be in a better spot for several reasons but who knows what will happen this year
MV good C Grade club , crap B Grade Club. Should stay where they are

Patanui

Debutant
May 13, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Are writing off Oak Park
Who has mentioned Oak Park???? Or any other club other than MV which YOU mentioned???
Stop fishing mate and say what you want to. No one is up to these juvenile games at this time of year

Didplay

Debutant
Sep 22, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Who has mentioned Oak Park???? Or any other club other than MV which YOU mentioned???
Stop fishing mate and say what you want to. No one is up to these juvenile games at this time of year
My my aren’t we a bit sensitive this time of year all that was mentioned that MV have recruited heavily and alit of players from 2019 GF loss are going to miss out on a opportunity to win a flag

PARKFOOTY

Debutant
Dec 16, 2009
west
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Are writing off Oak Park
Any team that is relegated to a lesser division and has not lost many of their playing list should be fancied for success. It’s my understanding that Oak Park has got some older players back to the club and not lost too many. Must go into the season as flag favourites and go straight back up in my opinion.
How do you think Burnside will fair DIDPLAY? They have been steadily building for a couple of years And surely Hadfield must come into your equation after their massive off season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cacik

Debutant
Aug 16, 2009
Brunswick, Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Bolton Wanderers
Any team that is relegated to a lesser division and has not lost many of their playing list should be fancied for success. It’s my understanding that Oak Park has got some older players back to the club and not lost too many. Must go into the season as flag favourites and go straight back up in my opinion.
How do you think Burnside will fair DIDPLAY? They have been steadily building for a couple of years And surely Hadfield must come into your equation after their massive off season.
Looks to be the top 4
BH can only get better but I worry about their bottom 2 or 3 players. That aside though they have done a great job over the last few years. Once easy beats and now a solid c grade senior side.

With that in mind though I Still think Mv and OP clearly on top then a bit of a gap the the rest of the contenders.. BH Had CD

Oldanddone

Draftee
Oct 8, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Oak park and MV a 2 horse race -MV will get over the line but a couple of goals in the big dance

Haddy big improvers and really like what they have done with there list - will make finals

BH - will be there abouts

CD - will struggle just miss the 4

KP- will improve on last year ( not hard ) but still a couple of years away from seeing sustained success on the field - but moving in the right directions

NCS - will be a disappointment- losing many seniors players - why go into re build mode when you are just one or 2 players away - new coach Peter will do a good job - but depth will be a issue - will lose some of the younger players the following year if results aren’t there - will spend the next couple years of or more on the bottom of the ladder

Jacana - if they field a side will the be the KP of last year and will fall by the wayside after 6 rounds and another bye will take place

This season in this this division will be a very broken down into 2 sections MV and OP and the rest - there will be huge losses by some teams -

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Oak park and MV a 2 horse race -MV will get over the line but a couple of goals in the big dance

Haddy big improvers and really like what they have done with there list - will make finals

BH - will be there abouts

CD - will struggle just miss the 4

KP- will improve on last year ( not hard ) but still a couple of years away from seeing sustained success on the field - but moving in the right directions

NCS - will be a disappointment- losing many seniors players - why go into re build mode when you are just one or 2 players away - new coach Peter will do a good job - but depth will be a issue - will lose some of the younger players the following year if results aren’t there - will spend the next couple years of or more on the bottom of the ladder

Jacana - if they field a side will the be the KP of last year and will fall by the wayside after 6 rounds and another bye will take place

This season in this this division will be a very broken down into 2 sections MV and OP and the rest - there will be huge losses by some teams -

Great to read your opinions but I’m not convinced it’s a 2 horse race. But it’s only early days and a few injuries (hope no one gets injured) could sway things dramatically in this division.

Uptherox

All Australian
Apr 15, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Great initiative for EVERYONE to get behind to help raise funds for those affected by the fires in Gippsland
Screenshot_20200106-213025_Facebook.jpeg
Screenshot_20200106-213030_Facebook.jpeg

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wastin time

Senior List
Sep 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Kilmore Fc looking for practice match on 21st March.. We have U19s - Ressies - seniors ready to go & our ground is available to host..
pm if interested.. or contact senior coach Nathan Phillips on 0405106516

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Big news in that Cyril Rioli to play 1 or 2 games for KP this year. He has played a game at KP before if anyone has read his book.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back