Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

capi_20204fe48fe689ed7f64257f118480f7_5448b88f13b55c5d56f99426e47adf40.jpeg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

Pretty clear top 4 of Heeney, De Goey, Andrews and Moore from that draft, as I see it. Most people around the league would take De Goey first at this point, I suspect.

Collingwood nailed that draft. On top of those two they got Brayden Maynard as well.

De Goey often injured and doing dumb things though, Moore just often injured. And poor Paddy McCartin might be done already. Heeney for me the best package of the lot

The very first article on AFL.com had the title "star swan to have surgery after awkward landing" immediate thoughts please not knee please not knee.

Open the article broken thumb phew
Might not sound so serious to you or I but for a professional footy player a finger injury (particularly the thumb) can be tricky and impede a career more than you'd first think (E.g. Daniel Chick). Just hope it's treated seriously and properly.

Then again, almost every person I know who has played for footy for an extended period of time has had some kind of war story regarding fingers/thumbs... Hazard of the job unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might not sound so serious to you or I but for a professional footy player a finger injury (particularly the thumb) can be tricky and impede a career more than you'd first think (E.g. Daniel Chick). Just hope it's treated seriously and properly.

Then again, almost every person I know who has played for footy for an extended period of time has had some kind of war story regarding fingers/thumbs... Hazard of the job unfortunately.
Daniel Chick's was obtained by flicking a lighter too much whilst smoking pipes. Not playing AFL footy.

Daniel Chick's was obtained by flicking a lighter too much whilst smoking pipes. Not playing AFL footy.

Trying to work out if that's a stupider reason for an injury or failing to jump a low chain fence at the SCG.

Please delete any reference to D Chick (inc this post) from anything swans related. Words cannot describe what a piece of s**t that guy is and was, scum of the earth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back