Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
EDIT: BF League code = 656794

Today i decided to pay for the team picker so i thought i might as well start a new thread for all things NRL SC 2020. There was a decent amount of interest last year so hopefully we can get a league or 2 going again. I just chucked a mid-priced/valuer picks team together which im happy with but of course it will change massively as the rookies/cows start to present themselves. Here it is:

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 9.28.38 pm.png

Last edited:

Tso1967

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2019
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Because i have AFL Season pass still for last year i can't sign up to both although i would not tbh
until start of season.
I need this more than i do AFL so i would probably sign to this once AFL runs out.
Think i can switch if i phone up (but it's bloody Australia so they can poke it) :p

Tso1967

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2019
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Because i have AFL Season pass still for last year i can't sign up to both although i would not tbh
until start of season.
I need this more than i do AFL so i would probably sign to this once AFL runs out.
Think i can switch if i phone up (but it's bloody Australia so they can poke it) :p

Emailed the campaigners (I can have both it seems)

Last edited:
Today i decided to pay for the team picker so i thought i might as well start a new thread for all things NRL SC 2020. There was a decent amount of interest last year so hopefully we can get a league or 2 going again. I just chucked a mid-priced/valuer picks team together which im happy with but of course it will change massively as the rookies/cows start to present themselves. Here it is:

View attachment 805882
Wouldn’t go near Latrell. He’s going to lose 12-20 points a game through losing the GK duties. Reynolds is the better kicker.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Wouldn’t go near Latrell. He’s going to lose 12-20 points a game through losing the GK duties. Reynolds is the better kicker.
True, i think he could still make up most of those points in other categories but at the moment i mainly picked him as i dont really rate many of the gun centres and the cows are unknown. I'll probably end up downgrading him and upgrading elsewhere

EDIT: Changed my team around a fair bit. Going with some top-end mid-pricers who i think could take the step up to true gun status in Graham, Garner and Tavaga. Added Taumalolo and got rid of Latrell. I'm spending most of my money on forwards as i think they are more reliable and hopefully my cheap backs get games and make some cash. I think there are about 7 fullbacks that id like to pick but have narrowed it down to Pap and Edwards at the moment. Holmes/Teddy/Ponga/Turbo/RTS are all appealing but i figure i can trade to whoever becomes the top 2 from that group.

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 1.24.45 pm.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Very different strategy to me as you are spending heaps more on backs. There are some interesting picks in there, a few i wouldnt touch but also a decent amount of players that i considered but ultimately didnt select. My strategy is to load up on reliable forwards and hope the backs who are slightly more inconsistent lose more cash but there is no guarantee that happens. Particularly with players like Tedesco, im scared not starting with him because he is a gun but im not motivated to pick him as he can be a little bit up and down so i spent money on Haas and Taumalolo instead. There is every chance Teddy starts the year on fire and it will be tough to get him in but i guess at the moment im happy to take that risk. Overall though, i still probably dont know enough about the game to be too critical of anyone's efforts. That said, i do actually like most of your selections but not all of them. Definitely take everything i say with a grain of salt too

Very different strategy to me as you are spending heaps more on backs. There are some interesting picks in there, a few i wouldnt touch but also a decent amount of players that i considered but ultimately didnt select. My strategy is to load up on reliable forwards and hope the backs who are slightly more inconsistent lose more cash but there is no guarantee that happens. Particularly with players like Tedesco, im scared not starting with him because he is a gun but im not motivated to pick him as he can be a little bit up and down so i spent money on Haas and Taumalolo instead. There is every chance Teddy starts the year on fire and it will be tough to get him in but i guess at the moment im happy to take that risk. Overall though, i still probably dont know enough about the game to be too critical of anyone's efforts. That said, i do actually like most of your selections but not all of them. Definitely take everything i say with a grain of salt too
I do think Teddy is way overpriced compared to others in the FB position.
780k for a player that a player like where RTS,Pappy or Holmes who will score 60-70 instead of 70-80 that teddy scores. Think the FB position is loaded unlike hooker where you need to start with one of the main 3 and a rookie to upgrade to one of the others.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Currently ive got 11 players playing in round 12 and 14 in 16. I didnt take the byes into account when making my team so im fairly happy with the split. Of course by the time they come around my team will be much different so it might not mean anything!

EDIT: Looking at it in more depth, the vast majority of players playing in round 12 are cash cows with Klemmer & Taumalolo the only true guns playing that round. Something for me to be aware of i guess

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Looks like i have about 9 players that i would hope to be keepers with the bye in round 16. That might affect my trading as it means i may have to forego trading in any more guns with the round 16 bye or just accept a s**t score. So yeah it looks like my team isnt as well balanced as i thought initially. That said, im not going to think about the byes while selecting my initial team but it looks like ill have to keep them in mind with my trading. Last year, i did fairly well over the origin/bye period apart from trading in Wade Graham hoping to get rid of an origin player - i cant remember who. Next thing i know Graham gets selected for Origin too and after that gets injured :$

EDIT: I completely confused myself with this post. What i was actually meant to say was that i am missing 9 keepers in round 12 with Klemmer and Lolo the only real guns i have playing and the rest as cows. That means my team is very strong for round 16 - not the other way around like i posted :$ As a result of that i may look to trade the cows who arent playing in round 12 to guns that are playing as a priority - before i trade the cows who are playing in round 12 as i need all the numbers i can get. Definitely not an ideal situation but im not going to worry about this so much that i compromise my starting team.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Might chuck a few names out there to generate some discussion. What do we think of these options?

Brimson (359, 400) 5/8 FLB Titans

Doueihi (343,100) CTW FLB Tigers

Isaako (420,000) CTW FLB Broncos

Brimson looks to have talent and when he played 80 mins last season his scores were pretty decent. It would seem he is set for the fullback position this season and will likely play 80mins per game. Downside is that he is inconsistent and his team is crap. That said, full back can be a lucrative position even when your team struggles. At the moment he is in my team.

Doueihi got a decent run at the end of last season for the Rabbitohs due to injuries to GI and Burns. Looks a player but his scores were pretty average. He just got signed by the Tigers on a very lucrative contract so i think he should be doing his best to prove he is worth it. The fullback position seems to be his. It will be interesting to see how the Tigers backline functions with the likes of Talau, MBye, Doueihi, Momirovski and Nofoaluma. Has been in and out of my team

Isaako will play fullback is the word out of the Broncos camp. He had a poor year last year fantasy wise but in 2018 he was a consistently high scorer and thus may be underpriced. He should still have the goal kicking duties. Seems like a safe pick with upside but i personally may pass on him as im looking to go cheap in the CTWs. He has also been in and out of my team.

Might chuck a few names out there to generate some discussion. What do we think of these options?

Brimson (359, 400) 5/8 FLB Titans

Doueihi (343,100) CTW FLB Tigers

Isaako (420,000) CTW FLB Broncos

Brimson looks to have talent and when he played 80 mins last season his scores were pretty decent. It would seem he is set for the fullback position this season and will likely play 80mins per game. Downside is that he is inconsistent and his team is crap. That said, full back can be a lucrative position even when your team struggles. At the moment he is in my team.

Doueihi got a decent run at the end of last season for the Rabbitohs due to injuries to GI and Burns. Looks a player but his scores were pretty average. He just got signed by the Tigers on a very lucrative contract so i think he should be doing his best to prove he is worth it. The fullback position seems to be his. It will be interesting to see how the Tigers backline functions with the likes of Talau, MBye, Doueihi, Momirovski and Nofoaluma. Has been in and out of my team

Isaako will play fullback is the word out of the Broncos camp. He had a poor year last year fantasy wise but in 2018 he was a consistently high scorer and thus may be underpriced. He should still have the goal kicking duties. Seems like a safe pick with upside but i personally may pass on him as im looking to go cheap in the CTWs. He has also been in and out of my team.
Love Isaako. He’s my CTW1.
Not really sure about Doueihi. Want to see the preseason game to ensure he’s stays at FB and not switch with Thompson.
One interesting player may be Harry Grant. He may end up on the tigers roster from the storm and would be starting hooker for round 1 in that case.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Love Isaako. He’s my CTW1.
Not really sure about Doueihi. Want to see the preseason game to ensure he’s stays at FB and not switch with Thompson.
One interesting player may be Harry Grant. He may end up on the tigers roster from the storm and would be starting hooker for round 1 in that case.
I'm glad you mentioned Harry Grant. If he does end up playing for Tigers and starting in round 1 he will be very popular. If that is the case i may well go into round 1 with Grant and Brailey as super cheap hookers and upgrade my side elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back