The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird hill to die on Bojan.

1. Klopp had success elsewhere. Ole got Cardiff relegated and was coaching in Norway.

2. Liverpool bought him the players he needs. United have Ed Woodward.

I’m not even sold that Pochettino would fix United, he’d want to overhaul the defence and midfield just to start. AWB, Williams, Pogba, Fernandes the building blocks.

Well I am saying that Klopp was s**t in his first season
We were 10th and too far back to qualify for CL when he took over. He managed to get us to the Europa League Final, but used the prem to heavily rotate and assess all the players he had before making decisions on selling them or not. I remember 1 game we had Danny Ward in goals, Brad Smith at LB, A midfield 4 of Ibe-Stewart-Chirivella-Ojo.

We were 10th and too far back to qualify for CL when he took over. He managed to get us to the Europa League Final, but used the prem to heavily rotate and assess all the players he had before making decisions on selling them or not. I remember 1 game we had Danny Ward in goals, Brad Smith at LB, A midfield 4 of Ibe-Stewart-Chirivella-Ojo.
Only 8 games had been played and you were 4 points off top 4...

Remember how Klopp finished 8th in his first full season in the prem and then bought a whole bunch of good players?

Klopp finished 4th in his first full season. Bought Ox/Mo/Robbo for a grand total of 80 m in the following summer window.

Spare change really from under the couch.

Assuming the ban is upheld, City will not be an attractive proposition for any new manager.

It will be difficult to rebuild quickly without CL football and the scrutiny that City will be facing from UEFA will be extreme.
Money talks.

Assuming the ban is upheld, City will not be an attractive proposition for any new manager.

It will be difficult to rebuild quickly without CL football and the scrutiny that City will be facing from UEFA will be extreme.
All but maybe 4 managers in world football would love that job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps they’ll “have a swing” at some of your own young English talent
That's who they should be targeting even if it's the likes of Eze and Watkins from the Championship otherwise, that profile of player.

Don't sign players 28 or over who are after a payday as Everton initially and West Ham under Pellegrini did.

That's who they should be targeting even if it's the likes of Eze and Watkins from the Championship otherwise, that profile of player.

Don't sign players 28 or over who are after a payday as Everton initially and West Ham under Pellegrini did.

Reckon theyll go after Declan Rice?

We didn't sign that many like that. Walcott was a panic buy by Allardyce who wanted counter attack speed, Sigurdsson was 28 I guess, Rooney was a free and a club legend (despite hardly playing for us I know). Other than that the rest were under 28.

Reckon theyll go after Declan Rice?
Don't see Rice going there, if he left it'd be to a team playing in the Champions League, Chelsea is the worry there because Mount is his best mate.

FWIW, even if they get taken over, looking at say City in the early years, Everton etc., it's going to be a process, they shouldn't expect instant success even if they hire Pochettino.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back