Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m looking at trying to take the next step with designing, I’ve got so many ideas in my head that I don’t really have the skill set to translate into a photoshop document which is why my entries of late have been so stale (eg. the horror show that was my NAFLR entry)

I’m thinking a drawing tablet might help me better transfer a design from my head onto the screen, does anyone here have any recommendations?

I also think learning how to use the pen tool will be a big step forward for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I was making the biggest footy guernsey template of my life yesterday. It took from 5pm til 3am for me to stop and go to sleep. Woke up 10 minutes ago to continue working on it and this happens.
Fair to say I'm giving designing a bit of a break... ffs
And no the smashed screen was not there before I got the message

Snapchat-434811021.jpeg

So I was making the biggest footy guernsey template of my life yesterday. It took from 5pm til 3am for me to stop and go to sleep. Woke up 10 minutes ago to continue working on it and this happens.

View attachment 813420
#PrayforRA :(

View attachment 813420

I find myself going to visit Mero's site on a semi-regular basis as I find it so interesting. One thing that I could never wrap my head around though was the proposed jumper/colour scheme for the Melbourne Hawks venture. Had it have gone through, I just don't understand how they could have made a colour scheme such as this work, considering that Fitzroy were still alive at the time, and Adelaide also had an identical colour scheme.

F8d2SYe.gif

How do you guys think they could have made this work?

View attachment 813420
I’ve had this, couldn’t find a solution or what the cause of it was online, but eventually after screwing up about half a dozen designs with this, it turns out photoshop didn’t like me trying to save and continue working on 1gb files directly from my external drive. Don’t think I’ve bothered going back to work on that portfolio since.

I find myself going to visit Mero's site on a semi-regular basis as I find it so interesting. One thing that I could never wrap my head around though was the proposed jumper/colour scheme for the Melbourne Hawks venture. Had it have gone through, I just don't understand how they could have made a colour scheme such as this work, considering that Fitzroy were still alive at the time, and Adelaide also had an identical colour scheme.

F8d2SYe.gif

How do you guys think they could have made this work?
Well I think the AFL and most clubs probably knew that Fitzroy was going to be on the way out sooner or later and so they might've not seen it as an issue in the long-term.

Bit of an odd question but has anyone gone to a festival on their own?
I went to Soundwave 2013 by myself. I think it was better like that. I could do what I want and see who I wanted. I also went to Vans Warped (2014 I think) by myself but there ended up being a couple of guys I went to school with there as well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hall of Fame is up!

I seem to have lost my spreadsheet with all the links to threads/designs/voting, so unfortunately I'll have to go and do that allll again one day.
Great job getting this all up, actually crazy to think how much has happened on this board!

EDIT: Design of the Year '18, was mine, sorry :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back