Chess Club Member EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Jul 4, 2012
County Grant
AFL Club
Geelong
Based on the original AFL logo, this variant has the Commonwealth Star to signify the national competition, goal posts superimposed on the 'A', very clear AFL lettering, and is simple enough that it can be recoloured to suit any club.

I'm actually really proud of this one, I feel like this fulfils the brief pretty well and could comfortably sit alongside any league logos around the world.

1580385059824.png

1580388356952.png

Last edited:

Cainozz

Club Legend
Feb 6, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Based on the original AFL logo, this variant has the Commonwealth Star to signify the national competition, goal posts superimposed on the 'A', very clear AFL lettering, and is simple enough that it can be recoloured to suit any club.

I'm actually really proud of this one, I feel like this fulfils the brief pretty well and could comfortably sit alongside any league logos around the world.

Really well done and incorporates the naming rights sponsorship superbly!

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Next thing needs to be a logo for the AFL organisation and then a M for men's to go with a W for women's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong

These are great, which is why its going to be so disappointing when the AFL announce logos that look like they were done in paint by someone with no arms.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no

Print these out in colour and send to afl headquarters. Include a note saying the electronic versions are available for 2x lifetime afl membership tickets.

Master91

Debutant
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong

These are very crisp logos, definitely some of the best designs put forward :clapping::clapping::clapping:

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Next thing needs to be a logo for the AFL organisation and then a M for men's to go with a W for women's.
There is no "Men's," though. It is simply "Open". It is the category in which the best play, regardless of anything.

"Women" is simply a handicap, like age. For instance, U17 is also a handicap.

It is not forbidden for people to play in a level higher than their handicap. Women should not be forbidden to play among the best, if they are good enough for it. Labeling the AFL "Men's" would do that.

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
It will never be the AFLM. Like GermioPower said before me the AFL is an open competition. Being a woman isn't a handicap, it is more of a degree of being competitive. You don't have Under 12s playing in the AFL, it would be to rough for them. The same is so for women.

The WWE tried to rename its NXT Women's Championship as the NXT Championship with the men having an NXT title as well. But it was to confusing, and women's wrestlers have fought and won championships that are seen as male titles against men.

If some competitions change their names I may see it coming true. What about the Super Netball becoming the Women's Netball. What about Major League Baseball becoming Mens Major League Baseball or the MMLB. What about the British Open, the US PGA, the US Masters and the US Open becoming the British Men's Open, the Men's US MPGA (as in Men's Professional Golfers Association), the US Men's Masters and the US Men's Open. As we can see it makes it to confusing. The thing is AFL started as a male only sport, so the top competition will be the AFL. The women's competition was set up to allow women to compete in football on the same level as the men. The Super Netball will be the Super Netball and be played by only women because that is how it is.

ZNbGCHO.jpg

As for the AFL logo changing, I don't see that happening. I see the AFLW getting a logo of their own, something like the W logo on an AFL football in orange and purple colours. Most of the major competitions in the United States haven't changed their logos expect for minor changes in over 40 to 50 years. The last change to the AFL logo was made because the logo didn't say AFL. Now it does, it is doing what it suppose to do. No need for change. Competition logos don't need to change as often as club logos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back