Grand Slam Australian Open (Day 11, Thursday)

Novak v Fed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

I already do a variation of that - punch the chest twice then do a finger point (crowd or where the goals are!). Pretty sure he did that a few years ago as well :p

Been saying it for years now. Djokovic will have more championships then Nadal and Federer making him the greatest of all time.
Djokovic and Nadal will surpass Federer.

The question is who finishes with the highest tally? Nadal or Djokovic?

Nadal will still win at RG for the foreseeable future unless someone like Thiem stops him. Nadal has shown he's still capable of winning the US Open as he has done in 2 of the last 3 years.

Djokovic will remain a contender at all four slams for the foreseeable future.

Federer's best hope is only Wimbledon.

Day 12, featuring the Women's Doubles final and Thiem v Sascha, is below

It is cute when people think Federer vs Djokovic will be close...
No issue with Djoker himself, but it's people like you that make his wins infuriating. Their matches have been very close in recent past, of course he's going to be 3-setted with a leg issue, the amount of hours he's put in the past few days and the fact that he's 38 years old just amplifies that further.

I *en love Djokovic. Love the '' COOOOOOOMEEE ONNNNNN '' he did after he broke back at 1-2 down in the first too.

I'll raise a point in regard to this. If criticising/laying boots into a player, or person online, despite not being a professional in that field is a prerequisite, forums may as well shut down.

So in your mind, forums exist only for ignorant couch potatos without any actual experience to lay the boots into players and people? I'm sure plenty would agree with you though. It's why why many forums are so full of s**t they're not worth visiting.

So in your mind, forums exist only for ignorant couch potatos without any actual experience to lay the boots into players and people? I'm sure plenty would agree with you though. It's why why many forums are so full of s**t they're not worth visiting.

forums are for an exchange of opinions and ideas.
My issue is with the notion that you cant comment on an athlete cause you haven't achieved what they have. Akin to the old adage, commentator (eg Whateley) hasn't played the game, what would he know about footy.

I agree with the bolded bit

Going to be very intresting watching Thiem play Djoker in the finals. (if he back up his win against Nadal and slices Zverev up)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Novak is a champion. I think he just hasn't helped himself in regards to fan/crowd love over the years. He is extremely likeable off the court, in interviews, even on court majority of the time. He just tends to get frustrated with the crowd support when he plays Fed and Rafa. Why does he let it bother him? Just ignore it and the crowd won't be put off at times when he does overdo it a bit.

There is something about his off-court persona that comes across as manufactured and trained. Like he has to adapt his natural behaviour to come across as having charisma, which I just don't think is a trait that people from that part of the world tend to have.

Federer is very GOATish on court but off court he is kind of goofy or something, I think underneath he is a pretty simple guy whose just good at tennis and has megabucks! Rafa and Djokovic I have just never warmed to, I can't pinpoint why but it's just how it is (for me). At least with Federer his tennis is great to watch (IMO of course). I don't dislike the other two just never get super excited about seeing them play.

I think fed tries to be a likeable popular guy but I find he is awkward.

Nadal is obsessed with routine.

I think with others dethroning him, in terms of each slam or tourney event, you may see a slightly more agitated fed. Its nautral. He'll be back

Back