List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashton was a midfielder played forward at AFL , Reid looks an xfactor forward so could surprise and be a handy player , Jarrad Humphries from Bunbury with the Beagles this season hopefully does well and can considered in the future also but have to wait and see .
Only his 1st yr in the WAFL coming from the ammos , so a bit of polish and fitness would do the world of good ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I didn't mind Reid in the WAFL team last year but he is not an AFL level player.

Is it compulsory that we pick up one of these players? Does Alec Waterman qualify? If so, why didn't we give him a go?
Not compulsory but you can almost guarantee we'll do something stupid and take one of them.
Would be more than happy to give Waterman another shot, I'd also be keen on leaving the spot free for the mid-season draft and take someone then based on our list needs.

Not compulsory but you can almost guarantee we'll do something stupid and take one of them.
Would be more than happy to give Waterman another shot, I'd also be keen on leaving the spot free for the mid-season draft and take someone then based on our list needs.
Seems like we have more money than sense sometimes. None of these guys is up to being on our list. Leave a spot open until mid-season. See how Alec goes at Claremont and if he is on the improve pick him up. The form he showed late last season was better than any of those we are currently looking at. Mind you, Reid did have a couple of good games.

Seems like we have more money than sense sometimes. None of these guys is up to being on our list. Leave a spot open until mid-season. See how Alec goes at Claremont and if he is on the improve pick him up. The form he showed late last season was better than any of those we are currently looking at. Mind you, Reid did have a couple of good games.
Yeah seems like the smart move. Agree on Reid, I liked him in the WAFL but I just don't think his game is transferable to the higher level.

The West is saying we are likely to add Grey to the list over Picket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well why has he been invited to train for the rookie spot ??
If you fail to see the raw potential that people at the Eagles saw well too bad ..

No idea.
I sincerely apologise for posting my opinion as I thought this was just the Eagles Bigfooty Board, I wasn't aware that I'd accidentally posted on the West Coast Eagles Are Always Correct And Anything We Say Has To Be In Agreement With Every Decision The Team Makes Board.

The West is saying we are likely to add Grey to the list over Picket.
Crumpet Face tipped this yesterday so I automatically assumed that it would be Reid that we are interested in.
There is no rush. I can see the benefit in having someone like Reid training with the A Team, learning how to be a professional footballer and seeing if there is a significant uplift in his performances with the Beagles in the first half of their season. If there is then maybe the mid-season draft is the appropriate time to pick him up. I.e. Make him, or indeed Grey, earn the position.

No idea.
I sincerely apologise for posting my opinion as I thought this was just the Eagles Bigfooty Board, I wasn't aware that I'd accidentally posted on the West Coast Eagles Are Always Correct And Anything We Say Has To Be In Agreement With Every Decision The Team Makes Board.

Now , now , remember to not temper your expectations when the Wce choice of player roll in ..

If you're happy with Reid then more power to you, but imo it's a complete waste of a list spot.
I have nothing but tempered expectations when it comes to Eagles rookie list selections and Tasmanian's.

It’s a last Rookie spot and should be seen as one ,so my expectations on the pick being wasted aren’t as crucial as you expect it to be ..

No idea.
I sincerely apologise for posting my opinion as I thought this was just the Eagles Bigfooty Board, I wasn't aware that I'd accidentally posted on the West Coast Eagles Are Always Correct And Anything We Say Has To Be In Agreement With Every Decision The Team Makes Boared

Sorry, a little correction GF...referring to rookie listing Ryan the boarman Burrows.
One of a few outta left field rookie listings in the past few years.
Burrows & the short half backer from East Perth,when Kelly was available, sort of tells me it's been treated as a free hit with no consequences if you stuff it up.
Would love to be proved wrong, but don't see Reid as a good AFL player, might be incorrect though. (happy if so)
Well down the list in our forward line anyway...don't see the point

I wouldve preferred to leave a spot available for the midseason draft but out of the guys we were trialling I'm glad its grey(if true)
Weve got enough young unproven mids/forwards on our list so picking an older more experienced player makes sense
He played some good games for freo so all the best brady

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Ugh 🚽

Dumbest list management decision we've made since Burrows and Gorter.

Can't say we weren't due 🤷‍♂️

Nothing but a jobs for the boys appointment. Did absolutely ZERO last season for the Beagles to suggest he's worthy of a spot on another AFL list.

Routinely in the Beagles worst handful of players on the ground. Can't knock his tenacity, but even Mcginnity looks classy in the WAFL compared to grey.

If Exxon, Brayshaw and Ainsworth cant crack a game with their WAFL output there is zero chance of Grey ever getting a look on what he produces.

If Pickett is fat and has disappeared, McKenzie had done his ACL, then its Reid every single day of the week before Grey.

Never should have been in the situation where those are our only options. Seriously got the blinkers on.

So much raw talent out there we could've brought in for a look, but instead we've not only wasted our time with Grey, but rewarded him with a list spot as well.

And to think we almost delisted Ah Chee and Brayshaw, they are so much better than this bloke it's not even funny.

Apparently 17 touches, 3 marks and 0.4 goals a game in the WAFL screams "pick me".

Not happy Jan 🤦‍♂️

No idea.
Haha it’s a bit like that on here sometimes

Interesting to see the reasoning behind Pickett not being at training the other day. weather he pulled the pin
Or Grey got his spot and was told not too come back.

Doubt we will ever see Grey pull on a wce Jersey, so it’s a meh pick from me

Interesting to see the reasoning behind Pickett not being at training the other day. weather he pulled the pin
Or Grey got his spot and was told not too come back.

Doubt we will ever see Grey pull on a wce Jersey, so it’s a meh pick from me
If he is picked ahead of Reid or Pickett, I totally agree

Kurt Mutimer signs with Casey Demons as has Rhai Arn Cox in a bid to re-ignite his AFL draft hopes after he missed out on being drafted after being cut from the WA 18s squad .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back