Position 2020 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Defenders the hardest to choose.

A a glance, the only 'top' guys I like are Lloyd, Laird, Sicily, Williams and Docherty, and none of them are straight up picks for me.

I'm not considering Houli, Stewart, Witherden, Andrews, Newman, Rampe (although I'm going to go study his 2nd half of the year), Rich, Hurn, Simpson, Smith, Howe, Ryan, McGovern, Sheppard etc at all. Same with Blakely, Mills, Birchall, Short, Milera.

From necessity I'm down to seeing the likes of DBJ, Houston, Dawson, Saad, McKenna, Clark and Ahern but I wonder if they are all just 5 points underpriced which makes them 'attractive' pre-season options but limited in terms of success. In which case I could be down to Doedee, Roberton, Hill D3 onwards...:eek:

Lloyd, Williams, Daniel, Laird, Sicily, Docherty will be the best 6 DEF this year. Start with 3-4 and pick the other two up later. I'm starting Lloyd, Williams, Laird, Docherty at this stage. Looking to grab Daniel + Sicily a bit further down the track. I think it's the easiest line. If Hill is named R1, 4 premiums / Hill / rookie looks the goods.

Lloyd, Williams, Daniel, Laird, Sicily, Docherty will be the best 6 DEF this year. Start with 3-4 and pick the other two up later. I'm starting Lloyd, Williams, Laird, Docherty at this stage. Looking to grab Daniel + Sicily a bit further down the track. I think it's the easiest line. If Hill is named R1, 4 premiums / Hill / rookie looks the goods.
That's a lot of money spent in the backline how does the rest of the team look?

A 4-0-4 starting Midfield is all well and good if the best 3-4 rookie scorers are on that line, however I still don't like the thought of having to upgrade 4 mid rookies to the highest scoring mids. That's a lot of trades. Keep in mind the last few years most of the better rookie priced scorers have been in defence. I suspect that will be the case again this year.

One for the deeeez folks.

Christian Salem. Talk to me. His ceiling is high but he stunk it up a few times too.

Can he be a seagull mk 2 or is he easily tagged out? Is that why some of scores were shiteful?

Andrew Birch ?
Jiska ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christian Salem. Talk to me. His ceiling is high but he stunk it up a few times too.

Can he be a seagull mk 2 or is he easily tagged out? Is that why some of scores were shiteful?

Andrew Birch ?
Jiska ?
OK .....so now I know what you think of my SC skills ......speak to the hand !

Andrew Birch ?
Jiska ?
tenor.gif

Andrew Birch ?
Jiska ?
* they start pre season early down at St Kilda

Andrew Birch ?
Jiska ?
Had him a few times over the years. Scores well in bursts then goes missing or 15 minutes.

He'd fit in well to your team. Wouldn't fit in well in anyone else's tho ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back