Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
JD should look at this.
I firmly believe we are better off with no recognised no.9 than buying a s**t one. Piatek fell over because they were insisting on an obligation to buy. Ditto Jose at Sociedad.

Good to see the lessons of Soldado and Janssen have been learned.
Chelsea still have Bats and Tammy. We've got nobody.

Rondon, Ighalo, Janssen, Llorente, Willian Jose, Ze Luis etc. are all better target men than Lucas Moura and Son.

None of them are going to take Kane's spot long term. None of them will win a golden boot award. All of them have the tools and skills required to be better at the role Mourinho has his striker play than our two wingers. End of

I must say it shows how far we've all fallen that Chelsea, United and Spurs are fighting it out over who failed the least and Ighalo is the tiebreaker winner for united
Sad part is you're not wrong.
Next window we will be all fighting for mandzukic.

You thought Bakayoko and Morata were improvement tho haha
Yeah i thought they'd be good signings, i guess they still managed to help win us a trophy at the end of the season. But overall they were pretty big duds.

Ighalo to United is hilarious. Uncanny how much everything about them at the moment reminds me of early 10's Liverpool. Seeing United fans rationalise it and try and make it in to a positive reminds me of what I used to do when we made s**t signings like that. The guy scored 1 goal in his last season in the PL.

I actually thought Rondon was a good player in the PL, did well in really poor teams. Spurs could have done worse than bringing him in as a stop gap.
He's like the Barnes and Chris Wood style 10-15 goal striker as starters who'd be handy for 5-8 goals off the bench or rotating into a better side.

I actually thought Rondon was a good player in the PL, did well in really poor teams. Spurs could have done worse than bringing him in as a stop gap.

Yep, he bullied defenders. Would suit the Mou CF role down to a tee. Either him or Giroud would have been good business for Spurs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel and Poch both to blame for that. Daniel for the breakdown in his relationship with Poch and Poch for letting it affect the squad.
In terms of quality of squad though we are not much better if at all than Chelsea and only slightly stronger than wolves and United

Ighalo to United is hilarious. Uncanny how much everything about them at the moment reminds me of early 10's Liverpool. Seeing United fans rationalise it and try and make it in to a positive reminds me of what I used to do when we made s**t signings like that. The guy scored 1 goal in his last season in the PL.

It's a six month signing. We had two top four rivals chasing strikers and didn't land anyone.

Yes it's an uninspiring signing but it's also completely harmless. Once Rashford is back he'll barely feature.

The big win is Fernandes.

He’s still going. lol
It's a six month signing. We had two top four rivals chasing strikers and didn't land anyone.

Yes it's an uninspiring signing but it's also completely harmless. Once Rashford is back he'll barely feature.
My worry was being cornered into making one of these uninspiring signings and it not being just a loan.

Rightfully IMO refused to sign two players (José and Piatek) because there were demands for obligations to buy. Chelsea did the same I believe.
The big win is Fernandes.
Reckon I’ll be annoyed at this one for a long time. Suspect being distracted by Dybala contributed to this falling over, now gone elsewhere.

Suspect he’ll end up being a good signing worth the cash
Daniel and Poch both to blame for that. Daniel for the breakdown in his relationship with Poch and Poch for letting it affect the squad.
No no, you can’t do that. He’s the low hanging fruit, the easy scapegoat.

Yeah we had one year where no one was signed and he cops a lot of flak for it, most deserved. Poch copped none yet it were he that rejected Barkley (yay), Grealish and Tielemans (twice).

Since moving into our new home we’ve spent £160m on players, and most I like the look of.

Ndombele, Clarke, Sessegnon, Lo Celso, Gedson (loan) and Bergwijn is a good start 8 months into a new chapter.

We haven’t been forced to make a big money sale like the Gunners were also, so that’s a positive.

Letting Llorente leave and not replacing him was Poch and Levy’s big error.

Poch’s even bigger error was slowly neglecting the academy. Even if not all make it, exposing the academy to first team football can lead to sales that fund transfers.

The likes of Mason, Carroll, Bentaleb, Townsend, Livermore etc etc made us close to 100m in the recent years up to his appointment. Then he stopped selling them, preferring to loan or keep them around, something that badly stunted Walker-Peters, then even more recently stopped giving them opportunities all together. Making the academy completely redundant.

3 months and Jose has given Tanganga his chance. Cirkin and Austin have made the squad. Walker-Peters has secured a loan, and José has a reputation for neglecting youth and Poch being the one who fosters it.

Not to mention, he has solved the Alderweireld dilemma, removed Eriksen for cash, got Rose out of the club. All in 3 months and Mauricio couldn’t do it in 2 years. Suspect by season’s end he’ll have Parrott tied down long term and Jan will have made his mind up too.
José said yesterday, under the context that Piatek, Willian José and Giroud were falling through, that signings needed to benefit us not just now but into the future.

Reading between the lines it seems that the remaining options were deemed not worth our time.

Honestly, as weird as it seems, I’d just play Alli as a false 9. Good header, good instinct for late runs into the box. Relatively clinical finisher, can distribute the ball well to others.

Rightfully IMO refused to sign two players (José and Piatek) because there were demands for obligations to buy. Chelsea did the same I believe.

But the sounds of things we've got our hearts set on Dembele but hes not available until summer. Cavani/Merten were stop gap loans until then but not to be, would have happily taken either. Dont think we are one of the clubs chasing Werner(not that he'd pick us anyway).

Hope we dont burn Tammy out. Giroud is good enough to do a role if used correctly, Batman is pretty meh though.

Both not ready for too much first team action. Gedson wasn't getting a game at Benfica. Bergwijn is an exciting young player in an area we actually were okay in with Lamela, Son, Sessengon & Lucas all wide players.
Jesus you’re in full meltdown mode

Jod mk II has entered the chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back