Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s not many strikers out there available to buy or even loan. It’s the problem we’ve got and is no doubt why Chelsea have sat on giroud even though they wanted to upgrade themselves. Sometimes it’s just as beneficial stopping other teams get their man than it is bringing in your own

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Normally I would agree that United should have done better but given that Chelsea and Spurs couldn't bring in a striker either shows imo that it isn't as easy as some like to believe.
Nor could Barca.
Milan had to settle for a 38yo Ibra coming back from MLS too.

He’s still going. lolMy worry was being cornered into making one of these uninspiring signings and it not being just a loan.

Rightfully IMO refused to sign two players (José and Piatek) because there were demands for obligations to buy. Chelsea did the same I believe.
Reckon I’ll be annoyed at this one for a long time. Suspect being distracted by Dybala contributed to this falling over, now gone elsewhere.

Suspect he’ll end up being a good signing worth the cash
No no, you can’t do that. He’s the low hanging fruit, the easy scapegoat.

Yeah we had one year where no one was signed and he cops a lot of flak for it, most deserved. Poch copped none yet it were he that rejected Barkley (yay), Grealish and Tielemans (twice).

Since moving into our new home we’ve spent £160m on players, and most I like the look of.

Ndombele, Clarke, Sessegnon, Lo Celso, Gedson (loan) and Bergwijn is a good start 8 months into a new chapter.

We haven’t been forced to make a big money sale like the Gunners were also, so that’s a positive.

Letting Llorente leave and not replacing him was Poch and Levy’s big error.

Poch’s even bigger error was slowly neglecting the academy. Even if not all make it, exposing the academy to first team football can lead to sales that fund transfers.

The likes of Mason, Carroll, Bentaleb, Townsend, Livermore etc etc made us close to 100m in the recent years up to his appointment. Then he stopped selling them, preferring to loan or keep them around, something that badly stunted Walker-Peters, then even more recently stopped giving them opportunities all together. Making the academy completely redundant.

3 months and Jose has given Tanganga his chance. Cirkin and Austin have made the squad. Walker-Peters has secured a loan, and José has a reputation for neglecting youth and Poch being the one who fosters it.

Not to mention, he has solved the Alderweireld dilemma, removed Eriksen for cash, got Rose out of the club. All in 3 months and Mauricio couldn’t do it in 2 years. Suspect by season’s end he’ll have Parrott tied down long term and Jan will have made his mind up too.

José said yesterday, under the context that Piatek, Willian José and Giroud were falling through, that signings needed to benefit us not just now but into the future.

Reading between the lines it seems that the remaining options were deemed not worth our time.

Honestly, as weird as it seems, I’d just play Alli as a false 9. Good header, good instinct for late runs into the box. Relatively clinical finisher, can distribute the ball well to others.
Good summation there.
We will need luck to make CL, but haven’t hampered ourselves with another flop major signing.

Glimpses I’ve seen of Gedson look promising.
Look forward to what bergwijn brings.
We are looking more suited to a 433 now (which I think suits better).

Focus now needs to be fitness and getting players on the park with continuity

Next window will be interesting.

There’s not many strikers out there available to buy or even loan. It’s the problem we’ve got and is no doubt why Chelsea have sat on giroud even though they wanted to upgrade themselves. Sometimes it’s just as beneficial stopping other teams get their man than it is bringing in your own

Jovic is the only one I would have liked
Can play striker or behind.
Or possibly Werner who can play out wide (and I’d sell Lamela after that)

But couldn’t see madrid selling so soon. And I reckon Werner still doesn’t know where he’s going next (plus leipzig in the hunt for some trophies this year)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back