Grand Slam Australian Open (Day 13, Womens Final)

Sofia Kenin v Garbine Muguruza

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Kenin constantly putting her finger up to indicate every line ball was out was very annoying and should be looked at being outlawed imo , I saw a few instances where the linesman called out quite a bit after her antic which could suggest he was influenced by it. The challenge option is there if they get it wrong , no need to do the linesman's job for them. If the finger goes up the umpire should take it as a challenge regardless of the call, that will stop that rubbish.

Kenin constantly putting her finger up to indicate every line ball was out was very annoying and should be looked at being outlawed imo , I saw a few instances where the linesman called out quite a bit after her antic which could suggest he was influenced by it. The challenge option is there if they get it wrong , no need to do the linesman's job for them. If the finger goes up the umpire should take it as a challenge regardless of the call, that will stop that rubbish.

She put up her finger a few times I agree . But she quickly withdrew. Didn’t you love her fearlessness to win .?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

watch that game at 2-2 with Kenin 3 BP down.....

that will answer your question.
What? There was some excellent rallies on those last few points of that game by both girls, just Kenin was terrific.

She did it a few times in other matches, too.

Good to see Dinara Safina involved in a winning Grand Slam final.....(i know, that is harsh)

Another slam champion in the WTA. there must be at least 10 in the top 100 now.

Mug
Kenin
Halep
Kerber
Williams
Williams
Ostpenko
Barty
Andrenescu
Kuznetsova
Osaka
Stosur(just)
Stephens
Wozniacki (in technical terms)

Sharapova is outside the top 100.

She put up her finger a few times I agree . But she quickly withdrew. Didn’t you love her fearlessness to win .?

Yeah good on her for sure , just a rather annoying thing she and some other players do that I feel needs to be addressed and eradicated due to the possibility of influencing calls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James Bracey 2020 post game interview >>>>> Tony Jones 2019 post game interview

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

So if you challenge a call and it goes ur way. Do you retain that challenge ?

Yes, but if you stick your finger up as the linesman calls it out the challenge has still been made so it should be checked and it could go in favour of your opponent if you and the linesman got it wrong. Then you lose a challenge and look like a goose for challenging on behalf of your opponent. In other words the finger up should indicate an unretactable challenge so it would be wise to wait until you're certain the linesman isn't making the right call.

Yes, but if you stick your finger up as the linesman calls it out the challenge has still been made so it should be checked and it could go in favour of your opponent if you and the linesman got it wrong. Then you lose a challenge and look like a goose for challenging on behalf of your opponent. In other words the finger up should indicate an unretactable challenge so it would be wise to wait until you're certain the linesman isn't making the right call.

Thanks big. I got it.

Back