List Mgmt. 2020: Death Riding Melbourne [NMFC owns MFC's 1st (#9) & 4th (#64) 2020 picks] - Keep Your Eye on the Red and the Blue

Thanks for that Giantroo......further to that,.....does that mean they go down a pick or two....apologies I've taken no notice of the points system....
Yes.

Each pick has a points value. Pick 1 (3000), etc . For Pick 1 you must have the full allocation of points (3000) to keep the pick even though you may have enough to cover pick 2 (2,517).

From there, you just minus the point deficit (265) and you get the table I've posted.

1599480515067.png
1599480663454.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobwebs

Team Captain
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Only chance you guys have got of beating us is in the practise game at Arden St, even then you are rank outsiders. Preussy gunna tear you a new one.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Very interested to see what Preussy looks like in real AFL action, haven't really followed his progress since he left for the Dees.

However he goes, he's no Max Gawn! Don't really wish injury on anyone but it does provide opportunity for a top 10 pick coming our way.

Still dirty we traded our 1st pick to them, could have been Sam Flanders.

Aug 10, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Very interested to see what Preussy looks like in real AFL action, haven't really followed his progress since he left for the Dees.

However he goes, he's no Max Gawn! Don't really wish injury on anyone but it does provide opportunity for a top 10 pick coming our way.

How much did you see of Ned Flanders in 2019?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think they were trying Preuss as a forward? When they played him and Gawn, pinch hit ruck at best?

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Sam Flanders would have been a great pick in the draft like you say Anvil I always show a bit of interest in the under 18 comp and future draftees Sam was the one i was most keen on. Think he could be a very very good player in the future. but it is what it is lets hope we nail it this year what ever our plans are.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Surely they will put him under the knife then bring him back slowly?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was 10 weeks.

Big issues for the godees

One of his big assets is his fitness and you’d think this will impact his affect on games.

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How much did you see of Ned Flanders in 2019?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nothing in person, highlights online like most. Is there something you saw that would suggest he isn't worth pick 9? Seems like the sort of bloke who could develop into a game winner (rather than just solid at a position).

Any player that is a Roos fan I generally take additional interest in. Felt disappointed that he didn't get Dow or Andy Brayshaw prior to that (doesn't mean I'm not satisfied with LDU).

Not sure what we see in getting the Dees pick when they have a healthier list and a very easy draw. Maybe something in play like trading 2 first rounders for an established gun? I know we got more draft points in the trade but we should be in the game of getting 200+ game players not winning some fantasy battle.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A bottom 6 finish would have vindicated our trade choice, our best drafts and trade have been the med-tier types that takes the next level. So we might have drafted well as we do need a small crumbing forward.

SirAlex

Cancelled
Feb 2, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It depends. Can heal without surgery. They'd like to avoid it and would have strapped him into a weight bearing brace pretty quickly. It might be one of those scenarios where they take the non-surgical approach, doesn't work, and they go in for surgery. Tricky situation and might lead to him being out for longer.

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nothing in person, highlights online like most. Is there something you saw that would suggest he isn't worth pick 9? Seems like the sort of bloke who could develop into a game winner (rather than just solid at a position).

Any player that is a Roos fan I generally take additional interest in. Felt disappointed that he didn't get Dow or Andy Brayshaw prior to that (doesn't mean I'm not satisfied with LDU).

Not sure what we see in getting the Dees pick when they have a healthier list and a very easy draw. Maybe something in play like trading 2 first rounders for an established gun? I know we got more draft points in the trade but we should be in the game of getting 200+ game players not winning some fantasy battle.

I watch a fair few Carlton games and Dow is a worry for me. Opposition supporters might say the same about LDU, but Dow’s disposal has been horrendous. I’m also yet to see if he is better suited on the inside or outside, as I have been underwhelmed in both area’s. If that draft went around again, LDU would still be top 5 in my pecking order.

If our picks remain the same going into the next draft, we will be bringing in two 1st rounders and four 2nd rounders over the 2019 & 2020 drafts. That’s not a fantasy battle, that is using the hand we have and making it substantially better.
If we were to end up with a couple of decent first rounders next year (or even one), we have the ability to make our hand even better with clubs paying overs to get ahead of a bid. We could potentially split a first rounder and go into next years draft with three 1st rounders or two first rounders and two 2nd rounders.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back