Portfolio Hyundai A-League - A Zooper Dooper Portfolio

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks, Southampton FC
The defunct Singapore Lions & Brunei Wasps from the old Malaysian League.

The defunct IFC Perth Kangaroos and the Darwin Cubs from the old Singapore League.

Or how about on a tangent, do up the State teams? ;)
I really like where this is headed.

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
It's outdated, I think that's all it is Classic logo otherwise! But the new bird is more modern and sleeker.

I'm with you in that regard, it's just for some reason the older logo screams "PHOENIX" more than the current. And the older one just has that sense of nostalgia with it for me, Marco Rojas being one of those nostalgic elements.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
North Queensland Fury (Expansion)
After a ten year absence (that makes me feel old) they're finally back. With the new North Queensland Stadium complete, there was one big gaping hole in North Queensland during the summer months, no Rugby League so the FFA decided it's now or never. Henceforth the Fury are back from the dead. Being the next Queensland team alongside the Roar, they've already caused some panic for the team further south. With former Fury marquee and Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler being Brisbane's manager, multiple whispers have circulated around the Australian Football landscape, where will Fowler go? Only time will tell. But in the meantime, the Fury are back!

North Queensland Fury.png

Side Note: I have a small attachment to the Fury. In their first season, I was a collector of Select's A-League cards, and during that season I obtained Robbie Fowler's signature card. It's a small thing, but it means a lot to many of us, who all believe the Fury should be back.
Fowler1.jpg
Fowler2.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne City
From being the new kids on the block to the noisy neighbours who own the City, it hasn't been an easy road for the Red half of Melbourne. From being broke to then bailed out by the City Football Group, the recent years have been a great success. Consecutive Finals appearances and an FFA Cup, delivered by the amazing John van 't Schip, you may assume City is on the way up. But, crowd numbers have lowered since their rocky years as the Heart, and following the even worse years of Warren Joyce, you'd be forgiven for thinking City has a struggling identity, is it an Australian Manchester City or Sydney FC wannabees? Following the successful year of Frenchman Erick Mombaerts City Football Group went for a small overhaul, bringing the club back to its roots! The Heart of Melbourne City has returned, Melbourne is once again Red & White! The sky blue is still relevant, being the away jersey of the club and it's also featured in small spots on the home jersey. The old Heart logo returns above the number, a nod to the club's roots! With cries from both the FFA, and Heart fans of old, City needed an identity to forge, and now it's time to snatch the A-League trophy! The Red & White symbolise the undying spirit of the Heart of City! And the Sky Blue is the embodiment of the great promise of the future! The old tune rings around the City Terrace once again! True I do, I do I, true until I die! Our Hearts now beat together under the Red & White! True I do, I do I, true until I die! Our Hearts will beat together under the Red & White!

This was the one I was most looking forward to. Growing up as a Victorian, the idea was to support the Victory, but for some reason, it just didn't appeal to me. From the start I just enjoyed the league until I moved to Newcastle, then I supported the Jets. But it wasn't until Melbourne Heart I decided I love the A-League. I supported the Heart to annoy my family and the love for the club just blossomed from there. When we were taken over by the CFG I was amazed, thinking where it could take us. David Villa came down under, John van 't Schip returned and things were just better, until the identity crisis. I love my club, but I won't wear a sky blue City shirt. At least not a home one. The club is founded on the basis of Red & White and no matter who owns the club, that history can't be changed. Anyway, Melbourne is once again Red & White!

Melbourne City.png

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Western Sydney Wanderers
The Western third of Sydney has finally arrived, this time rocking thinner black hoops on a mostly red jersey. The away is a simple inverse inspired by some of their earlier away jerseys. Bankwest Stadium is rocking with the RBB and the Wanderers looking up to the lofty heights of Asia, but before that, they have two mountains left to climb. The FFA Cup, and of course the A-League. With the away kit choice wouldn't it clash with Melbourne City? Wait and see, there's a whole lot more to come!

Western Sydney Wanderers.png

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
ANNOUNCEMENT!

After successfully expanding into the nation's capital and reinstating the North Queensland Fury, A-League officials met in Melbourne to discuss the future of the league. Long story short, league officials have agreed upon expanding the competition further. In the next coming days, interested bidders will meet and discuss whether or not they'll launch a bid. "Football is a powerful sport, and with such a rich nation that loves sport we wish to grow our game further, connecting people all around not just Australia." Said, one joyful official. The FFA released a statement alongside this developing news, being in full support of the expansion.

This revelation, of course, comes with some unanswered questions. Will there be another Asian Champions League qualification spot? Will traditional NSL clubs successfully join the league? And of course, will there be a second division with Promotion & Relegation?

Over the next few days and weeks, all will be answered as the clubs and hopefuls declare an interest, the story will unfold once again as the A-League continues to push the boundaries set by mainstream media.

A-League Expansion Promo.png

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
ANNOUNCEMENT!

After successfully expanding into the nation's capital and reinstating the North Queensland Fury, A-League officials met in Melbourne to discuss the future of the league. Long story short, league officials have agreed upon expanding the competition further. In the next coming days, interested bidders will meet and discuss whether or not they'll launch a bid. "Football is a powerful sport, and with such a rich nation that loves sport we wish to grow our game further, connecting people all around not just Australia." Said, one joyful official. The FFA released a statement alongside this developing news, being in full support of the expansion.

This revelation, of course, comes with some unanswered questions. Will there be another Asian Champions League qualification spot? Will traditional NSL clubs successfully join the league? And of course, will there be a second division with Promotion & Relegation?

Over the next few days and weeks, all will be answered as the clubs and hopefuls declare an interest, the story will unfold once again as the A-League continues to push the boundaries set by mainstream media.

View attachment 823914

So are we going to be given all the potential bids or only the successful ones?

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
So are we going to be given all the potential bids or only the successful ones?
All potential bids, depending on support for one or another that could sway whether or not they join the league.

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
FOOTBALL BACK ON THE COAST?

With the announcement that the A-League will be expanding football starved fans on the Gold Coast rallied together upon hearing the news that an unnamed investor has thrown financial support behind returning Gold Coast United to the top. This unnamed investor while wanting to remain anonymous has confirmed he is not indeed former United owner, Clive Palmer. Former GCU player Michael Thwaite has also thrown support behind the Gold Coast bid. If successful Gold Coast United will play at their original home of Robina Stadium.

The A-League and Football Federation Australia can confirm that Gold Coast United has been listed as the first possible candidate vying for a spot in the expanded A-League competition.

Gold Coast United Bid.png

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
A TEAM TO UNITE THE STATE!

Ever since the initial expansion of the A-League for the 2009/10 season, a Tasmanian team has always been a dream of football fans on the Apple Isle. With support from the Tasmanian Government and clubs in the state, a Tasmanian team has been shortlisted as the second bid lodged to A-League officials. "We love sport down here and have a passion that hasn't been tapped into yet" Said a joyful Tasmanian. With the AFL choosing not to expand into Tasmania, many football fans around Australia and New Zealand knew a Tasmanian bid was coming, it was just a matter of time. The North-South divide is an interesting topic now. "Everyone in the state wants the A-League here, and it's up to us (Launceston & Hobart) to decide upon where the team will play. The team will unite the state! Henceforth we want Tasmania United at top-level" Said another eager expansion backer. The Tasmanian dream is a step closer to becoming a reality!

The A-League and Football Federation Australia can confirm that Tasmania United has been listed as another possible candidate vying for a spot in the expanded A-League competition.

Tasmania United Bid.png

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
A HOWL FROM THE SOUTH!

Since 1996, Wollongong has been the home of the Wolves! With a passion for football that hasn't been called upon yet. New South Wales is the most populous state in the country, and north of the capital features the Mariners and Jets, but south of Sydney what's there? Nothing. Instead, there is. A large passion united by the success of the Wolves in the 2000 Grand Final against the current A-League club Perth Glory. 3-0 down at half time, the Wolves rallied, taking it to penalties and taking out the NSL! So where have the Wolves been all this time? That's what club legend Scott Chipperfield has been wondering. But with the announcement A-League officials, Wollongong has jumped at the idea, formally rallying the city to bring the passion to the big time! Chipperfield has spearheaded the expansion ambitions of the Illawarra club. The ambition of the Wolves shouldn't be just chucked down the road, the Wolves don't want to just unite the Illawarra, but the land south of Sydney, right down to rivals Canberra United. If successful the Wolves' emergence would result in a new derby between Canberra and even a rivalry with the Perth Glory, untapped since the heroics of 2000.

The A-League and Football Federation Australia can confirm that the Wollongong Wolves have been listed as another possible candidate vying for a spot in the expanded A-League competition.

Wollongong Wolves Bid.png

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
A NEW ZEALAND DERBY?

They played only two seasons and those two seasons were seasons from hell. But from the ashes rose the Phoenix and New Zealand football has been rising ever since. Now Football fans in Auckland are ready for the Knights to return. Wellington games at Eden Park are perfect examples that football still has a place in Auckland. To the football world, this expansion bid seems to be an automatic winner as New Zealand Football have decided they will back the revival of the New Zealand Knights, however, they are now the Auckland Knights. If successful a massive derby would emerge, Auckland V Wellington, splitting an entire nation in half. Could the Knights return to the A-League?

The A-League, Football Federation Australia and New Zealand Football can confirm that the Auckland Knights have been listed as another possible candidate vying for a spot in the expanded A-League competition.

Auckland Knights Bid.png

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
IS IT FINALLY TIME FOR LAKESIDE STADIUM?

After missing out expansion efforts again, the Oceanic Club of the Century will not go away, South Melbourne have lodged a bid to be included in the nations premier Football competition. "We're possibly the most historic club in the country, and we've been overlooked for far too long. So it's about time!" Said one South Melbourne supporter. Backed by mad South fans and multiple other football fans believing the promise of fans and a ready-made stadium are too good to pass up.

Others, however, aren't happy about this. These include fans of Victorian A-League clubs. Fans of Melbourne City, Melbourne Victory and Western United met and finally united in a bid to stop a common enemy in South Melbourne from joining the league. If successful, will South Melbourne finally show what Oceanic Club of the Century really means.

The A-League and Football Federation Australia can confirm that South Melbourne has been listed as another possible candidate vying for a spot in the expanded A-League competition.

South Melbourne Bid.png

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
NO ROOM FOR THE ROAR IN THE WESTERN CORRIDOR!

Ipswich, a growing city and that's just the formula for an expansion candidate. Growth. Ipswich is projected to reach a population of around 400,000 people calling it home by the end of the decade. A new stadium desperately needs a regular team and with the Ipswich NRL bid being unsuccessful, the people have turned to Football. Brisbane Roar has toyed with the idea of playing one game a year in Ipswich, but the people of the city are not Brisbane people and want their own team, to own the Sunshine State. One excited football fan said, "The Western Corridor is growing bigger than ever and with that, let's push one of the growing sports alongside it and to represent our home!"

The A-League and Football Federation Australia can confirm that the Ipswich Rovers have been listed as another possible candidate vying for a spot in the expanded A-League competition.

Ipswich Bid.png

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
ALL ON THE EENDRACHT!

In 1616 Dutch Explorer, Dirk Hartog gained employment with the Dutch East India Company and was appointed master the Eendracht (meaning "Concord" or "Unity"), in a fleet voyaging from the Netherlands to the Dutch East Indies. Hartog set sail in January 1616 in the company of several other ships but became separated from them in a storm. On October 25 October 1616, Hartog and crew came unexpectedly upon "various islands, which were, however, found uninhabited." He made landfall at an island off the coast of Shark Bay, Western Australia His was the second recorded European expedition to land on the Australian continent, having been preceded by Willem Janszoon in 1606, but the first to do so on the western coastline.

Western Australia is the largest state in Australia, and larger than an average nation as well, however, it only has one A-League club representing just the capital city of Perth. "It's time to unite the rest of the state," said an excited Western Australian football fan. Backed by the WA Government this new club representing the vast reaches of Western Australia if successful will be known as the West Coast Eendracht! "From Port Hedland to Mandurah! Fremantle to Kalgoorlie! And Geraldton to Dirk Hartog Island! This team will stand for everyone that is not from Perth, which will create an interesting rivalry the likes of which the league has never seen before!" said another overjoyed football fan from Fremantle! The club hopes to build a boutique stadium in either Fremantle or Mandurah, however, it's likely to be Fremantle! Will original Glory fans not living in Perth jump on the Eendracht or stay loyal to the Glory?

The A-League and Football Federation Australia can confirm that the West Coast Eendracht has been listed as another possible candidate vying for a spot in the expanded A-League competition.

West Coast Eendracht Bid.png

This logo concept was originally created by designer Mark Crosby on Behance.net. I simply put the idea together. All original credit must go to Mark Crosby.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
THE BLACK AND WHITE EMERGES ONCE AGAIN!

Adelaide City, former National Soccer League members up until the foundation of Adelaide United, now it's time for the Zebras to be back in the top tier! The South Australian Government has announced support for a second A-League club in the state, announcing "We see the passion a Derby brings in Melbourne, Sydney, and Queensland. We want to show that Adelaide is passionate about Football and how big the Derby in the south will actually be! Adelaide City diehards have been beside themselves ever since the announcement, eager to prove they aren't just the NSL team from Adelaide! Can the Zebras make it into the top flight?

The A-League and Football Federation Australia can confirm that Adelaide City has been listed as another possible candidate vying for a spot in the expanded A-League competition.

Adelaide City Bid.png

This logo concept was originally created by designer Mark Crosby on Behance.net. I simply put the idea together. All original credit must go to Mark Crosby.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
PACKING OUT PERRY PARK ONCE AGAIN?

As former NSL heavyweights South Melbourne and Adelaide City formally lodged bids to join the A-League, a certain Queensland club thought now was the time to reach for the lofty heights of the top tier. The Brisbane Strikers have rallied the fan base and are ready to prove that the Brisbane isn't just the home of the Roar. Alongside their attempts to join the A-League, they have also announced they wish to expand their home of Perry Park, making it suitable for A-League matches. Brisbane Roar may have been the original A-League club for the Queensland capital, but who was there before them? That's right, the Brisbane Strikers!

The A-League and Football Federation Australia can confirm that the Brisbane Strikers have been listed as another possible candidate vying for a spot in the expanded A-League competition.

Brisbane Strikers Bid.png

This logo concept was originally created by designer Raysox on SportsLogos.net. I simply put the idea together. All original credit must go to Raysox.

Last edited:

chibimatty

Club Legend
Nov 15, 2010
Western Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WACA, Western Force, Arsenal, Glory
Love to see the Strikers back. Always thought it was heinous the couldn't get into the A-League as former NSL champions from a one-team town.

Back