Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
He
That makes no sense. We just went through the hardest years of cutting back the list and regenerating it with young talent. If you were a coach deciding which team you would like to take over Carlton would be right up there. More than half our list is under 23 years old...how can you make such a definitive assessment and write off a list at this stage? How do you know the progression of each draftee at the club? Do you study our list? Do you follow training reports? Or is it just a lazy, general go to point that "Carlton are crap"?
Doesn't have to like your clubs list like you do with you're blue eyes, and he can make that assessment based on his opinion. How dare you have a go at the person for having an opinion of a list without full knowledge of all teams lists. If that was the case knowbody would answer the hypothetical question. Wow touchy.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
A
Yeah definitely agree but it’s only 2 and Hurley spent much of last year playing as a mid size defender so structurally isn’t that important. Hooker is a jet though and is pretty much irreplaceable.

Either way I think Essendon is a poor nomination.
Ahh I don't think it is. I think their list is dreadful

May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Carlton, Tennessee Titans
I wanna hear justification from the people that chose GWS, Bulldogs and Brisbane as the list they least want. Those 3 have some most excellent talent at hand.
I chose GWS because I think their list would be the hardest to manage with the highest stakes.

They have huge amounts of talent that haven't quite gelled with each other yet and they are permanently walking a tightrope of who to keep (on huge money and contract lengths) and who to let go. The majority have significant talent so I feel it will come down to who can work best with each other and play roles. Also easily among the highest expectations to perform when it is far from guaranteed that they will if we are talking about premierships.

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
He

Doesn't have to like your clubs list like you do with you're blue eyes, and he can make that assessment based on his opinion. How dare you have a go at the person for having an opinion of a list without full knowledge of all teams lists. If that was the case knowbody would answer the hypothetical question. Wow touchy.
Oh I'm sorry it looks like you've missed the point of a football forum. In the same way that someone is allowed to make a baseless opinion of a club's list without any knowledge of the list, so too am I allowed to make counter points explaining why their opinion is absurd. Talk about touchy. Melt city.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Oh I'm sorry it looks like you've missed the point of a football forum. In the same way that someone is allowed to make a baseless opinion of a club's list without any knowledge of the list, so too am I allowed to make counter points explaining why their opinion is absurd. Talk about touchy. Melt city.
Ahh no Im affeaid that's you. What person writes somebody has no right to judge a teams list on a forum site unless they know it intimately. That would exclude 99.9% of everybody on big footy. Melt? Um no, just an observation of somebody getting to upset when people think your clubs list is not that good.

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Ahh no Im affeaid that's you. What person writes somebody has no right to judge a teams list on a forum site unless they know it intimately. That would exclude 99.9% of everybody on big footy. Melt? Um no, just an observation of somebody getting to upset when people think your clubs list is not that good.
Did I report his post and request the post to be deleted? No, I shared a counter argument and highlighted my opinion on how ridiculous their point of view is in the context of the aforementioned points I made. Have I suggested that people cannot share their views? No, wrong again, I presented a critique of someone's perspective. I quite literally said that a person has a right to share their perspective in the same way I am allowed to present a critique, which is the foundation of public debate.

How are you missing the mark by such a huge distance? Why are you so intent on presenting me as some kind of totalitarian, Joseph Goebells like bigfooty dictator? Why do you not understand the nature of debate where presenting a counter argument does not imply or promote censorship? You have the weirdest chip on your shoulder and I don't get it. I mean, you are literally melting on an online football forum over a discussion that did not involve you and did not lead anywhere anyway. Its strangely amusing and fascinating.

Jez1974

Team Captain
Oct 8, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Did I report his post and request the post to be deleted? No, I shared a counter argument and highlighted my opinion on how ridiculous their point of view is in the context of the aforementioned points I made. Have I suggested that people cannot share their views? No, wrong again, I presented a critique of someone's perspective. I quite literally said that a person has a right to share their perspective in the same way I am allowed to present a critique, which is the foundation of public debate.

How are you missing the mark by such a huge distance? Why are you so intent on presenting me as some kind of totalitarian, Joseph Goebells like bigfooty dictator? Why do you not understand the nature of debate where presenting a counter argument does not imply or promote censorship? You have the weirdest chip on your shoulder and I don't get it. I mean, you are literally melting on an online football forum over a discussion that did not involve you and did not lead anywhere anyway. Its strangely amusing and fascinating.
I wouldn't want Freos!!

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams

You writing all that proves the melts are with you. You lost it and said he had no right to comment because he dosnt know the carlton list well enough. I suggest you go back and try to read what you wrote. Hard to do for you to do without being words in crayon but give it your best shot.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Care to elaborate?
Their midfield is not in the top 10 at least and their forwardline is relent on smalls and a player that is a bit player in Makernan and two players that no longer want to be there. One Wil leave after the year and one might join him even though he just resigned. The backline is just serviceable with players that are older and can't stay on the park.

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
You writing all that proves the melts are with you. You lost it and said he had no right to comment because he dosnt know the carlton list well enough. I suggest you go back and try to read what you wrote. Hard to do for you to do without being words in crayon but give it your best shot.
I did not say the poster "had no right" to make a comment. Please point out where I said that. You are well and truly bottom of the barrel.

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Hurley is a gun
Heppell, Stringer, Smith, Saad, Parish, Merrett and Shiel are all good.

But besides Parish nothing in the under 23s excites me at all.

For the Crows - Doedee, Milera, Fogarty and a few other under 23s look very bloody promising.

I'd be quite excited to take over the Crows list.

For North, I like Simpkin and Thomas but thats about it. Not excited.

Last edited:
Hurley is a gun

For the Crows - Doedee, Milera, Fogarty and a few other under 23s look very bloody promising.

Interesting I voted swans

reckon their youth is as bad as it gets league wide

And now buddy is 33
Along with an ageing Kennedy, rampe
And an average ruck situation

Last edited:

Jez1974

Team Captain
Oct 8, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Wouldn't be a West Corp supporter by any chance would you ?

Oh you are ?

What a surprise
Would just prefer the saints or swans as per 90% of the replies!! I am also a Freo member, just think we are a few years away

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Interesting I voted swans

reckon their youth is as bad as it gets league wide

And now buddy is 33
Along with an ageing Kennedy, rampe
And an average ruck situation

Fair enough.

Our Ruck situation is well below average. Kennedy and Buddy are almost cooked. Agreed.

Rampe is pushing 30.

Blakey, Dawson, Florent, Hayward, McCartin, Rowbottom, Stephens make me think we arent the worst.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
I did not say the poster "had no right" to make a comment. Please point out where I said that. You are well and truly bottom of the barrel.
"How do you know the progression of each draftee at the club? Do you study our list? Do you follow training reports?"
Thats what was written by you, so unless one can do what you just wrote of all other 17 clubs, then they cant write an opinion judgement, aso going by your notion, no poster can answer this thread topic

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Hurley is a gun

I'm sure you would like Brown in your forwardline too

Back