Grand Slam Australian Open (Day 14, Mens Final)

Thiem v Djokovic

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved seeing Safin and Djokovic together.

Some interesting trivia. Djokovic's first slam and AO match was against Safin in 2005. He lost 6-0 6-2 6-1. Safin subsequently won the AO that year.

images

Thiem, Zverev, Medvedev, Tsitsipas, Berretini, Rublev, Shapavolov, Schwartzman, Khachanov, Auger-Allisiame, De Minaur, Ruud, Pouille, Hurcakz, Fritz, Humbert, alll young enough to improve heaps and promising its going to be a great next decade and wont be the easiest for the older 3 to keep winning slams as some of them are really close.

If they were playing in the 90s/early 2000s, many of them would have already won a slam.

And that ladies and gentlemen is why womens tennis is so much better than the mens side.
Thats a bit too random for me. 14th seed vs unseeded, thats not exactly an exciting final. 3 sets creates a lot more variance than 5 set matches too so theres a lot more randoms making deep runs that you often dont see do much again.

Reckon the crowd has a big part in that. Total lack of respect, again and again.
It’s an Aussie tradition going for the underdog,I love Novak but wanted Thiem to break through with his maiden title,nothing against Novak who is a legend of the sport.

Thats a bit too random for me. 14th seed vs unseeded, thats not exactly an exciting final. 3 sets creates a lot more variance than 5 set matches too so theres a lot more randoms making deep runs that you often dont see do much again.

That was an exciting final. One of the things that made the final exciting is that most predicted Muguruza to win. Another thing is we got a new winner. When the game comes predictable, it becomes dull and frankly not worth watching.

NOLE NOLE NOLE. Love the melts from some people wouldn’t be sooking if fed or Nadal won keep hating while this bloke breaks records 🤷🏻‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d say your goat post is about 100 times more untrue than my post. Why do you say stupid things for the sake of it?
I could make a s**t tonne more legitimate arguments about Novak being the GOAT.

I highly doubt you can back up your comments.

Haha, you got to feel for Novak. The guy is the greatest AO player of all time by a mile, hasn't done anything wrong, congratulates and hugs Dylan Alcott on court for winning the wheelchair tennis, and the crowd still don't like him.

Djokovic is just a natural villain. Even though Federer is like 10 times more smug, average joes still cheer for him like madmen over Djok.

I could make a s**t tonne more legitimate arguments about Novak being the GOAT.

I highly doubt you can back up your comments.

I can back up my arguments based on what I have seen. I don’t have to explain myself to a Djokovic fan like yourself though.

Back