Remove this Banner Ad

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
The Great 8 moves moves past Messier and into 8th all time now.
Not a dominant display today but enough to get back on the winners list. We look far better with Samsonov between the pipes, 11-0-0 from his last 11 starts

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
The Red Wings of 2019-20 are on pace for 42 points, that’s 27 points less than that Chranna team of 2015-16
True, that is impeccably shithouse.

Which makes me really keen to see NJ win the lottery again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Getting absolutely embarrassed by Filthy on our home ice :mad:
Will be interesting to see if we hold steady or panic and make a knee jerk trade before the window shuts.

May 4, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well that's just confirmed it.

I'm going to get a Kovalchuk Habs' jersey to match my Kovalev Habs' jersey.

**note: Kovalev signed with Oddawa a week after I purchased the jersey.** :poo:

Leafs were woeful in that third period. Campbell got them into overtime.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Stars, Chargers
A few of the championship contenders only just going at the minute, probably that February lull where they struggle to bring their best each night before they kick it up a gear in March towards the playoffs.

Washington only 6 wins from their last 10 with some bad losses.

St Louis 3 wins from last 10

Consistant Teams like Dallas, carolina and New York Isle 5 from last 10. And before todays win colorado was only 5 from last 10.

All of those teams are in the top 10 best record in league..but a bit flat at the moment.

Sep 2, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Avs, Spurs, ManU, Raiders, BlueJays
A few of the championship contenders only just going at the minute, probably that February lull where they struggle to bring their best each night before they kick it up a gear in March towards the playoffs.

St Louis 3 wins from last 10

Consistant Teams like Dallas, carolina and New York Isle 5 from last 10. And before todays win colorado was only 5 from last 10.

All of those teams are in the top 10 best record in league..but a bit flat at the moment.
Colorado have one of the best runs home with regards to where teams are ranked.
Ideally we should be able to get a good run going. The problem is we have absolutely * all rest days. Our schedule is jam packed. Wouldnt be surprised if we drop the odd game just because of the work load before us

Jun 4, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Stars, Chargers
Colorado have one of the best runs home with regards to where teams are ranked.
Ideally we should be able to get a good run going. The problem is we have absolutely fu** all rest days. Our schedule is jam packed. Wouldnt be surprised if we drop the odd game just because of the work load before us

I know we dont talk betting much here but currently Colorado are $4 with some of the betting companies to win the central.

5 pts behind St Louis, but 3 games in hand and a strong run home.

Generous. I could see them flying home.

Jun 4, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Stars, Chargers
Well that's just confirmed it.

I'm going to get a Kovalchuk Habs' jersey to match my Kovalev Habs' jersey.

**note: Kovalev signed with Oddawa a week after I purchased the jersey.** :poo:

Leafs were woeful in that third period. Campbell got them into overtime.

Whats Kovalchuks speed still like? Above average or now scalong back.

Shrewd move by the habs to likely get a 2nd for him at the deadline.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
All those losses at home aswell. We have a superb record on the road and play much better away for some reason. 4 of our next 6 on the road so hopefully that form continues

May 4, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Whats Kovalchuks speed still like? Above average or now scalong back.

Shrewd move by the habs to likely get a 2nd for him at the deadline.

Not too bad speed wise, first indication of a slight lack of speed was last night, but that could have been a factor of a few things:

1) First time playing with Drouin
2) Accumualtion of a bit of fatigue, he's leading forwards in ice time since arriving in Montreal (19:47 per game for 15 games)
3) Playing against a very quick team in Chronna

I think playing with a fast team has helped him out in comparison with playing with a slow team in the Kings, his line mates speed is allowing him to find areas to get his shot off which perhaps wasn't happening in LA, not sure what was the problem in LA as everyone loves him in Montreal. He looks very dangerous and has been effective during circus time, both 3on3 and the skills competition. Teammates, coaches and the fans love him (even the media), he's ticking all the boxes.

I'd try and keep him and sign him up for another year, players have been praising his enthusiasm and mentoring skills already.

I'd prefer that to a 2nd round pick = 50/50 on that pick becoming a 100+ game NHL player.

Good article about Kovalchuk in The Athletic if you are a subscriber

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not too bad speed wise, first indication of a slight lack of speed was last night, but that could have been a factor of a few things:

1) First time playing with Drouin
2) Accumualtion of a bit of fatigue, he's leading forwards in ice time since arriving in Montreal (19:47 per game for 15 games)
3) Playing against a very quick team in Chronna

I think playing with a fast team has helped him out in comparison with playing with a slow team in the Kings, his line mates speed is allowing him to find areas to get his shot off which perhaps wasn't happening in LA, not sure what was the problem in LA as everyone loves him in Montreal. He looks very dangerous and has been effective during circus time, both 3on3 and the skills competition. Teammates, coaches and the fans love him (even the media), he's ticking all the boxes.

I'd try and keep him and sign him up for another year, players have been praising his enthusiasm and mentoring skills already.

I'd prefer that to a 2nd round pick = 50/50 on that pick becoming a 100+ game NHL player.

Good article about Kovalchuk in The Athletic if you are a subscriber
LA tried to convert Kovalchuk into a 4th line grinder by sticking him with unskilled players and limiting his minutes. Was always going to fail.

Back