News Port Adelaide AGM 31 January 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

From today's media, "THE AFL has shunned calls to cut ties with the gambling industry by yesterday announcing a new five-year partnership with corporate bookmaker BetEasy. The deal, believed to be worth more than $8 million a year, locks in BetEasy as the league’s official wagering partner until at least the end of 2024. ..."

What is a little bit of hypocrisy among friends? This, at the same time the AFLPA is considering players taking a pay cut to reduce gambling advertising.

Nathan Buckley has a good point.

Wait, what?
A coach is encouraging his players to gamble, ffs.
Fair enough if they want to off their own bat, or even if HE wants to, but to involve the players in his vice is ficking stupid.
So much could go wrong there.

Just ask Dayne Beams and Bryce Gibbs.

That's debt to the AFL only. Koch did state it was separate to the 'corporate debt' but did not expand further.

*cough*corporatedebt*cough* ;)

If Ken really left before question time on the excuse that it’s his wife’s birthday then well...well the whole situation is beyond a joke

The club treats us like such plebs
It's sad that this is so believable!

If it happened it's unbelievable!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Ken really left before question time on the excuse that it’s his wife’s birthday then well...well the whole situation is beyond a joke

The club treats us like such plebs

I think he'd already used up his "my Grandma passed away" and "The dog ate my homework" excuses.

So, can I have some clarification please?
Did supporters want Ken to talk more or to talk less ?
Because it seems either way you’re not happy.
So what was he to do in the circumstances...talk less and you continue to whinge about him leaving early or talk more and you want him to stfu. Seriously fellas? You should listen to yourselves.
I think that it's a fair expectation that the coach answer at least a few questions.

Posted below is the text from the Club’s AGM notice per the website. It appeared briefly two weeks ago, then within 24 hours was shunted to the back pages, superseded by more important stuff. If you blinked, you missed it.

THE Port Adelaide Football Club will hold its Annual General Meeting in the Oval Room Function Centre at the Port Club at 6.30pm on Friday 31 January.
Chairman David Koch will address the room regarding the club’s off-field situation and also give a financial update.
Following that, senior coach Ken Hinkley and SANFL Manager Shane Grimm will update everyone on how the football department is looking heading into the club’s 150th anniversary season.
Members will then be given the opportunity to ask questions, with the floor to be opened for those in attendance.

Posted below is the text from the Club’s AGM notice per the website. It appeared briefly two weeks ago, then within 24 hours was shunted to the back pages, superseded by more important stuff. If you blinked, you missed it.

THE Port Adelaide Football Club will hold its Annual General Meeting in the Oval Room Function Centre at the Port Club at 6.30pm on Friday 31 January.
Chairman David Koch will address the room regarding the club’s off-field situation and also give a financial update.
Following that, senior coach Ken Hinkley and SANFL Manager Shane Grimm will update everyone on how the football department is looking heading into the club’s 150th anniversary season.
Members will then be given the opportunity to ask questions, with the floor to be opened for those in attendance.

trapdoor.gif

I'm not even mad anymore.

When I asked last year I was told by membership staff that the money for the convention was allocated to the 150 launch eg the new logo reveal at pirate life.
Good excuse I guess. They would of been smashed my members this year , Ken and co would of shat themselves. How handy that they don't need to answer for what didn't work last convention.

When I asked last year I was told by membership staff that the money for the convention was allocated to the 150 launch eg the new logo reveal at pirate life.

Money well spent.

/s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back