List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Mitch (Star Wars) O'Neill

Remove this Banner Ad

I went and watched The King on Netflix last week. The young boy king actor is playing Paul Atraides, he looks promising.

The original is one of my faves as well. They did try and jam too big a story into just one movie though. This time they have the time and budget to do the story justice.

You read the books?
No. I havn't read a novel for 20 years. I should, it will help me sleep. My cousins have the books, I could borrow them. I hear they are unreal!

No. I havn't read a novel for 20 years. I should, it will help me sleep. My cousins have the books, I could borrow them. I hear they are unreal!

They are good. Some find them hard going.

I'm reading Mentats of Dune atm which is a prequel written by Frank Herbet's son Brien Herbert and Kevin J Anderson.

The earlier prequels are good too. Explains the who, what and where of a lot of the main players. In the beginning the Atraides and Harkonen's were close friends / like brothers.

They are good. Some find them hard going.

I'm reading Mentats of Dune atm which is a prequel written by Frank Herbet's son Brien Herbert and Kevin J Anderson.

The earlier prequels are good too. Explains the who, what and where of a lot of the main players. In the beginning the Atraides and Harkonen's were close friends / like brothers.

Vishy level spoilers! :tearsofjoy:

I went and watched The King on Netflix last week. The young boy king actor is playing Paul Atraides, he looks promising.

The original is one of my faves as well. They did try and jam too big a story into just one movie though. This time they have the time and budget to do the story justice.

You read the books?

Have a real soft spot for dune. The first half was an incredible film, the second half a rushed train wreck. Producers and editing really stuffed it.

Though loads of david lynch kookiness, what's not to love

Have a real soft spot for dune. The first half was an incredible film, the second half a rushed train wreck. Producers and editing really stuffed it.

You must be a film buff, cause i just thought it was all bloody brilliant. then again I wouldn't be able to see if it was rushed or what ever.
Lady Jessica (Pauls mum I think) was an absolute goddess!!!!

The film almost sent the production company broke. It is an incredibly complicated story made into an epic movie ahead of its time. It needed a trilogy to do it properly imo. Which is the plan with the remake.

The books are what inspired George Lucas to write Star Wars.

Anyone watch V: The final battle in the 80s? As a kid i was obsessed with the movies and TV series even if it was a little poxy.

Definitely a boss series. The sets and special effects seemed perfectly fine at the time, especially when Dr Who was the benchmark sci-fi show you had grown up on.

Me entering this thread like

Image result for feyd rautha gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So that would make Mitch what 23/24 years old?

But a Tassie team is just fantasy stuff hey guys?:think:;)
I can’t see Tassy ever measuring up as a viable AFL franchise.
The market is just not big enough.
Their competition isn’t strong like SA or WA
I liken it more to having an AFL team at Ballarat.
I know there is a lot of noise made by the Tasmanian state govt but in all honesty I can’t see the AFL wanting to grow in that market.

I can't see them introducing Tassie until GC is viable (never) or folded/relocated there. So of course, the AFL will introduce it tomorrow for the successful teams to fund...

Seriously though, given the GC debacle, and the absolutely ridiculous concessions they gave GWS to make it semi-viable for now, you would hope they would be very careful introducing another team anywhere. That said, I would rather have had one introduced to Tassie being funded than GC.

I can't see them introducing Tassie until GC is viable (never) or folded/relocated there. So of course, the AFL will introduce it tomorrow for the successful teams to fund...

Seriously though, given the GC debacle, and the absolutely ridiculous concessions they gave GWS to make it semi-viable for now, you would hope they would be very careful introducing another team anywhere. That said, I would rather have had one introduced to Tassie being funded than GC.

By 2025 the AFL will know if Gold Coast is not viable.

I'm tipping that club folds and Tassie becomes the 18th team. Existing Sun's players have choice of moving to Tassie if offered a contract or they enter the draft.

At least a Tassie team will have some soul and history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back