Which player(s) from your club are you ashamed of

Remove this Banner Ad

and Andrew Demetriou
A real low life.

Mr Demetriou was paid $900,000 a year for his three-day-a-week job as executive chairman of the company’s “advisory group”.
Acquire Loan also loaned the former AFL chief $1.68 million to buy shares in the company.
In June 2016, a week before the company received legal advice stating it was on the brink of trading while insolvent, Mr Demetriou requested and received a $150,000 bonus.
He told counsel for the liquidator, Damien McAloon, that he could not remember what the bonus was for.

Cooney seemed like a good guy who did try as hard as he could despite his body not allowing him to reach anywhere near his potential. Putting him in the same category as Stringer is very unfair to Cooney. Stringer was and is scum.
There is a reason behind stringer having a massive year in the same year cooney was booted.

Cooney could have done more with his ability. Same goes for Stringer when he was at our club, unfortunately he has a liking to schoolgirls.
Hard to reach your potential when the cartilage in your knee has been decimated by the age of 22.
Coons did a great job to play for another eight years at a reasonable standard.

The story goes that Bruns was a serial squirrel gripper, and when he grabbed Michael Tuck by the goolies Leigh decided to voice his displeasure with a right hook to his chin.

that's a crock of s**t, did you just make this up?
Bruns was known for his sledging and yapping on the field. Mark Jackson wasn't getting a contract extension that year so he was prepared to make sure he caused as much chaos as possible and a couple of Hawthorn blokes were on the list that day.
Bruns did nothing to Michael Tuck. I know this because I have spoken to players involved from the game.

Matthews was just feeling the frustration of what had occurred a little earlier and he decided to take it out on the smallest and most vulnerable bloke possible.
Where Matthews needs to get credit, he knew he was going to be hit and he stood there and took it. Steven Hocking got him a beauty and a couple others had a shot at him as well.

Bruns was known for his sledging and yapping on the field. Mark Jackson wasn't getting a contract extension that year so he was prepared to make sure he caused as much chaos as possible and a couple of Hawthorn blokes were on the list that day.
Bruns did nothing to Michael Tuck. I know this because I have spoken to players involved from the game.

Matthews was just feeling the frustration of what had occurred a little earlier and he decided to take it out on the smallest and most vulnerable bloke possible.
Where Matthews needs to get credit, he knew he was going to be hit and he stood there and took it. Steven Hocking got him a beauty and a couple others had a shot at him as well.

I don’t care who thinks he can play football, Mark Jackson started all this ...

E9380E63-F30F-4AC6-B1AC-02D526D5BDA9.jpeg

Ok here we go

Rhys Stanley
Zac Tuohy
Gary Rohan
Cam Guthrie
Zac Guthrie
Nakia Cockatoo
Jake Kolonij
Josh Jenkins
Jed Bews
Lachie Henderson
James Parsons

Are you ashamed of his accent? I thought he's been a decent player for you. And surely you haven't forgotten this beauty?

Are you ashamed of his accent? I thought he's been a decent player for you. And surely you haven't forgotten this beauty?

anyone - cats fan or otherwise - potting Tuohy is a pillock. The bloke has been very good for us

christ our fans are embarrassing.

with the possible exception of our own 2007/9 sides where there were about 16 all Australians and the ones who weren’t - Rooke, Varcoe, Stokes etc were very good B graders - even the best sides have a couple of ordinary players.
Not everyone in a squad can be elite, yet this sort of clown thinks they should all be rolls Royces

The story goes that Bruns was a serial squirrel gripper, and when he grabbed Michael Tuck by the goolies Leigh decided to voice his displeasure with a right hook to his chin.

That's always been the legend. No evidence to support it though, then or now.

And it's not like it was a rare incident for Matthews. Bruns was just one of the more infamous ones because trial by video was coming in.

First I've heard of that. Jackson played in early 1986 until he had a falling out with Devine.

People look for conspiracies where sometimes they don't exist. It was a spiteful game - a lot of players got reported - and Matthews was a notoriously dirty player. Anyway who somehow thinks it's Jackson's fault that Matthews decided to king hit Bruns miles off the ball is a moron.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been ok, but like a few of our players he goes to water in finals. And while he is a pretty good attacking defender - and as that clip shows a very good kick for goal (particularly for a defender), his actual defending of an opponent can leave a lot to be desired.

None.

Daniel Chick clearly has some underlying medical issues and has had his share of trauma. Ben Cousins I just feel sorry for his family.

1) Ian Cervi better known as Ian....triple Brownlow medallist

2) Jake King (Duh)

3) Justin Charles (a bit of a low blow I'll admit as I think he was a nice guy but the first guy to get done for being on the gas)

Anyways the point of the thread was to name players from your own club. Get naming!
Justin Charles wasn't a druggy. He struggled with injury and was at his wits end. Theres a difference

None.

Daniel Chick clearly has some underlying medical issues and has had his share of trauma. Ben Cousins I just feel sorry for his family.
Cousins is a pretty huge piece of s**t IRL. He's had more help than the vast majority of drug addicts ever get, yet he constantly burns people around him with his shitty behaviour. Pretty reasonable to be ashamed of someone like him

Cousins is a pretty huge piece of s**t IRL. He's had more help than the vast majority of drug addicts ever get, yet he constantly burns people around him with his shitty behaviour. Pretty reasonable to be ashamed of someone like him
Yet he has had media intrusion and speculation on his life that the average junkie doesn't get.

As for the using and abusing part, he is no different to your average addict. Whatever it takes to get the next fix.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back