Bathurst 12hr 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah if it dug in sideways.....
Yeah the sand not doing it's job actually prevented a worse scenario , still wasn't too crash hot for Grampa Garth though
Would've been a sore boy today.

As much as people complain about Tarmac run off, it would would’ve helped in almost all incidents at Mcphillarmy, apart from the Merc crash from Qualy 1. Canto’s, Vervisch’s and Tander’s cars all skipped across the sand or kitty litter or whatever it is, with the cars losing minimal speed. Have 2 or so meters of grass so that drivers can’t run wide and have an advantage, but pave the rest of the run off. As well as paving the runoff, replaced all of the tyre barriers with TECHPRO barriers. The tyres did an awful job with Tanders and Canto’s accidents. Tanders car was caught and thrown right back, and didn’t absorb the hit very well at all. Canto’s car was pretty damn lucky not to be launched into the crowd by the tyre barrier as well. Having a thick layer of TECHPRO barriers in front of the tyres would soften the blow majorly, and wouldn’t act as a spring like standard tyre barriers do.

SAFER barriers should also be installed in all viable areas of the track, especially the wall that the 888 Merc and Hubauto Ferrari hit.

None of this will happen any time soon though because how expensive it will be.

Bentley were garbage Friday and Saturday. But as I said that could of been because they weren’t worried about qualifying but the actual race setup.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah i figured they were garbage when i didn't see them in the shootout.
I just wasn't sure if parity gets adjusted day-by-day or pre-meeting.

I don't agree with suggestions for changes to the circuit. Tarmac runoff takes the tension away from the "driving challenge".

I'd take 10secs off the cars first. People would crack the shits at that.
I never mentioned tarmac , just needs the earth moved back , i thought for a place to get FIA clearance ( like Mt Panorama apparently did in 16 ( The Mostert crash being the catalyst ) then the entire place needed catch fencing , none whatsoever at McPhillamy that i can see

I can live with cars hitting tyre walls and crash barriers , i can't with cars flying into crowds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back