New Marlboro tobacco advert on SEN?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I am hearing the old 'Marlboro country' theme from the Magnificent Seven played with the only comment being at the end with 'You know what to do!'

I mean maybe it means something else but I am old enough to remember when tobacco advertising was allowed and that theme is imbedded in my memory.

Without context I can only think of the tobacco adds and muse its a subtle encouragement for x smokers to return.

Any thoughts?

I am hearing the old 'Marlboro country' theme from the Magnificent Seven played with the only comment being at the end with 'You know what to do!'

I mean maybe it means something else but I am old enough to remember when tobacco advertising was allowed and that theme is imbedded in my memory.

Without context I can only think of the tobacco adds and muse its a subtle encouragement for x smokers to return.

Any thoughts?

I think you're getting confused with the VB ad.

If they had it wouldn't surprise me.

I suspect Marlboro contributed funding towards the Senna and Rush films and to TV channels hosting Bathurst to show endless tributes to Peter Brock.

Any thoughts?

One of the best Westerns. Ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back