Non-AFL chat thread part 2

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
They are currently the number 1 seed in the AFC, meaning home field advantage and a first round bye in the playoffs.

Already beaten most of their immediate rivals, eg. Teams with more than 8+ wins (except Kansas City by 5 points).

Kid could easily win the Super Bowl this year but next year the team has massive amounts of salary cap space, and is probably the most attractive destination for defensive players there is.

had a massive choke today(the whole team did) but will learn from it and I’d be stunned if he doesn’t get a ring if they give him a team to win by the time he is done

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
had a massive choke today(the whole team did) but will learn from it and I’d be stunned if he doesn’t get a ring if they give him a team to win by the time he is done

He choked last year. This year the team and coaches choked.... bad play calling and poor O-Line/D-Line play.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How good is it watching Man U completely and utterly sucking ????

Two more years of this and all their Asian fan base will be gone over to Liverpool or City. I was stunned when I went to Old Trafford how many “fans” there were clearly from other countries as opposed to Anfield and Emirates

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How good is it watching Man U completely and utterly sucking ????

Two more years of this and all their Asian fan base will be gone over to Liverpool or City. I was stunned when I went to Old Trafford how many “fans” there were clearly from other countries as opposed to Anfield and Emirates

Hope City get transfer banned and barred from Champions League. Severely cheating the spending cap....

I do agree on United being down. Shame they can’t get relegated.

Barty pls defeat this squealer!
Wish granted.
You have two more left. One of them had better be a WB premiership.

Actually, they'd BOTH better be WB premierships now that I think about it.

Wish granted.
You have two more left. One of them had better be a WB premiership.

Actually, they'd BOTH better be WB premierships now that I think about it.
Well if I only have 3 wishes, definitely!
1580034047985.png

Who said tennis isn't a Thiem sport?

Hoping he goes all the way now. Djokovic is a star but he's had a decent run. Thiem seems like a nice bloke and if he wins it'll be worth $4m for bushfire victims.

Why is Kansas City not in Kansas?
And why is Kansas pronounced Kan-sus but Arkansas is pronounced Arken-saw?

(Same reason we say Tal-LANG-atta and Cool-an-GATta?)

Come to think of it, why isn't phonetic spelled fonetic?

Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
fronkalicious Dannnnnnnnnn

Thoughts on the Wiggins-Russell deal?

Still believe there might be a really good player in Wiggins in a lesser role, in a better system. He won’t get a better situation than on the Warriors next to Steph, Klay and Draymond. Big gamble with that contract he has but if any team should be backing themselves in its them.

Russell and KAT should be a great 1-2 punch, especially offensively. The rest of that roster doesn’t fill me with much hope. Am high on Malik Beasley, hope he shows something with greater opportunity.

fronkalicious Dannnnnnnnnn

Thoughts on the Wiggins-Russell deal?

Still believe there might be a really good player in Wiggins in a lesser role, in a better system. He won’t get a better situation than on the Warriors next to Steph, Klay and Draymond. Big gamble with that contract he has but if any team should be backing themselves in its them.

Russell and KAT should be a great 1-2 punch, especially offensively. The rest of that roster doesn’t fill me with much hope. Am high on Malik Beasley, hope he shows something with greater opportunity.
Think you've summed it up well.

If anyone can get Wiggins to play at his full capability it's the Warriors.
Can't see Russell and KAT actually getting the Timberwolves anywhere serious in the future, but at least the team will be fun to watch which is basically the best you can hope for with the TWolves. At least KAT will be happy now with his mate by his side.

Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
The top 3 protected 2021 pick or else 2022 unprotected pick is the worry in the trade for them. They really can't afford to still be bad after this trade. Need to nail their draft pick this year because I don't think it'll be easy to find their third guy through free agency or trade.

It's going to be a fun trade to follow in the next few years. I don't mind it both ways right now but it's got a chance to be a spectacular success or spectacular failure for both teams.

Why is Kansas City not in Kansas?
You ever been in Kansas? I'd say I was in Missouri too.

And why is Kansas pronounced Kan-sus but Arkansas is pronounced Arken-saw?

(Same reason we say Tal-LANG-atta and Cool-an-GATta?)

Come to think of it, why isn't phonetic spelled fonetic?
You do know how the Arkansas River is pronounced in some places in them parts, don't y'all?

Back