Ultimate Footy VIII - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Marc_Remillard

Maderator
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
With deeman87 opting to pull out this year I'm happy to step into the breach and get this thing running, unless of course anyone else has an overwhelming burning of desire to do it? A very big thank you to both deeman87 and LeverPuller, who is also pulling out, who ran it over the last 3 or 4 seasons.

And of course congratulations to the mighty Los Habaneros a.k.a. El Gringo who knocked off TheDarkDwarf in the final to claim the prestigious Ultimate Footy VII champion title!!

League History

UF2019: El Gringo
UF2018: Captain Jack
UF2017: deeman87
UF2016: Wise Guy Sam
UF2015: Captain Jack
UF2014: PureFooty
UF2013: Wise Guy Sam

For anyone who hasn't seen Ultimate Footy it's an AFL draft-based AFL Fantasy competition which is based around category scoring i.e comparing your total number of kicks versus the opposition. There are nine categories in total: kicks, handballs, marks, tackles, score kicked, goalkicking accuracy (% of scores that were goals), hitouts, frees for and frees against.

This season I propose that we change to a part keeper league. We'll have the draft and season as per normal then at the end of the year you nominate your players you wish to keep and hold over for the next one, i.e. 2021. I'm thinking of setting it to 2 keepers, this way it won't be too off putting to go around again if someone ends up with a team they really dislike. I've played a part keeper league before and found it actually increased trades and interest from lower placed teams late in the season. A gamble for a higher placed team trading away a star keeper for multiple players to fill needs for the finals. Whereas a lower placed team knowing they can't make the finals can start aiming to build a team for the next season.

With deeman87 and LeverPuller we have currently 14 players carrying over from last year:

El Gringo - Las Habaneros - In
TheDarkDwarf - Dwarf Boys - In
DeesFanTheMan - Arnies Aces - In
Marc_Remillard - Marc's Team - In
TheCount - 12 Inch Pianists - In
Marlowe - Thank you, next - Out
harry000 - Harry's Hellboys - Out
Crimson Azure - Moribound Men - In
00Stinger - Southern Stingrays - In
mrpez - Out of Harmes Way
Hotdees - Swimming & **** - In
blitznu - KuntFaced - In

That leaves two teams, Whiteboard Wednesday and Weisn Pulver Fiends, I'm not sure who owns these, can anyone assist and I'll tag them?

Positions for 2019 (No change from last year)

5 defenders
5 midfielders
1 ruck
5 forwards
2 utilities

Utilities can be from any position.

Please post whether you want to go around again, also new players are definitely welcome, first to post goes first in the queue.

Waiting List

Dory_77 - In
Topkent - In
AmericanAFL - In

Last edited:

Lack of replies so far, let's have another shot, please let us now if you'd like to go around again

El Gringo - Las Habaneros - In
TheDarkDwarf - Dwarf Boys - In
DeesFanTheMan - Arnies Aces - In
Marc_Remillard - Marc's Team - In
TheCount - 12 Inch Pianists - In
Marlowe - Thank you, next
harry000 - Harry's Hellboys - Out
Crimson Azure - Moribound Men
00Stinger - Southern Stingrays - In
Hotdees - Swimming & **** - In
blitznu - KuntFaced - In

Waiting List

Dory_77 - In
Topkent - In

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man i had no idea wtf i was doing last year i can give it a crack again if you need me to

Yeah allright I'm in like Flynn

Thanks guys.

Topkent, it's a fantasy footy competition run by theage.com.au, instead of being able to take anyone you want we have a draft to pick the players and then the scores are determined by comparing totals in categories (such as kicking, handballs, marks etc). So you each week you either win and get 4 points, draw or lose, rather than having an overalls point system. We're starting a keeper league so at the end of the season you can pick two players to keep for 2021. Just ask as we go along, oh, and i promise i won't call you champ in this thread ;)

We're still waiting to hear from:

harry000 - Harry's Hellboys
Hotdees - Swimming & ****

Please let us know if you're in or out, I'd like to get the draft going soonish, planning on another long one, which seems to be the fairest way of doing it

Please let us know if you're in or out, I'd like to get the draft going soonish, planning on another long one, which seems to be the fairest way of doing it

Not for me this years. Cheers

Thanks guys.

Topkent, it's a fantasy footy competition run by theage.com.au, instead of being able to take anyone you want we have a draft to pick the players and then the scores are determined by comparing totals in categories (such as kicking, handballs, marks etc). So you each week you either win and get 4 points, draw or lose, rather than having an overalls point system. We're starting a keeper league so at the end of the season you can pick two players to keep for 2021. Just ask as we go along, oh, and i promise i won't call you champ in this thread ;)
Yeah cheers cham.....champagne anyone ?

I’ll be in again

I think I'll pull out this year.

Didn’t get the notification for some reason but as I said in the other thread I’m in.

Ok, so we're just waiting on mrpez, I've sent a pm however the last time he logged on was about a month ago so I'm not going to wait around too much longer. We only need one more to get going so if you know anyone get them on board!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back