First thoughts when mentioning a players name

roo blitz

All Australian
Mar 4, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jimmy and Phil - game changers . Will never forget their first game against the Tigers
Or their 2nd game against the Swans. When Phil tapped that ball to Jimmy in the forward pocket it was right in front of me and I can see myself sitting there on the replay when it was on the Winners rebooted

Last edited:

roo blitz

All Australian
Mar 4, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ross Glendinning - barrel chested.
Goal against Carlton at Arden St when he got the ball in back line and took a few bounces and kicked a goal from 60 plus meters out. Think we beat Blues by 115 points that day. Or the little clip to Moncriefs ear in the first few seconds of the 1978 Grand Final. Probably not his best memory as Moncrief kicked another goal on him a minute later as well

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Phil "Snake" Baker-Seriously was there a more exciting Grand Final player than him. 1977 and 1978 wow,

Nope............then the great man went on to transform in to the greatest poster in the history of bigfooty.com.

A true all round performer.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Either ‘Galloping Gasometer’ or Lou Richards’ comment ‘You need a road map and a water bottle to get around him.’

Yep it was Lou who stated that. They were good mates. Do you remember the TNT play of the day? Mick featured in that quite often.

As an aside it was my dear ol Ma (RIP) that got Mick smoking Viscounts, she was quite proud of that achievement. (rolls eyes)

roo blitz

All Australian
Mar 4, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think he averaged about 2 goals a game during H&A. And FIVE a game in GF's lol
I actually met Kelvin Moore on a work site over 15 years ago and I joked about how he has had some of the all time great screamers like Bakers and Michael Roachs marks taken over him and he joked back he had both pictures on his wall at home but that he turns them upside down so he is on top. At least I think he was joking haha

I actually met Kelvin Moore on a work site over 15 years ago and I joked about how he has had some of the all time great screamers like Bakers and Michael Roachs marks taken over him and he joked back he had both pictures on his wall at home but that he turns them upside down so he is on top. At least I think he was joking haha
While not in the same league, our high school science teacher was the brother of a Richmond defender who ended up in a sports drink poster with Carey taking a screamer over him. It sat in his office with a rather large Wayne Carey signature on it.

SirAlex

Cancelled
Feb 2, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Phil Matera - clapping...like a *******.

Jeff Farmer - kneeing

Rhett Biglands - Pickett

Krummell - Krumbell'd

Obst - weighted running

Back