Australian Tour of South Africa 2020 (3 T20Is, 3 ODIs)

Remove this Banner Ad

He is incapable of batting 3 in 50 over cricket because he can’t put his head down for 20 overs. Even in 20/20 I wouldn’t want him batting in the first 10 overs.
he has failed time after time at the highest level and I actually feel for him sometimes as people are expecting him to deliver something his ability can’t deliver.
This is insane. The bloke averages 35 at a strike rate of 160 in T20I. You give him as many overs as possible.

Last edited:
Stoinis can easily play in the middle order in international cricket

He has shown over the last two years that he absolutely cannot. He's been terrible down the order. Absolutely bemused how people are still backing Stoinis despite his last 2 years of ODI's. He's done nothing. Imagine the comments from people if Mitch had averaged 23 at a strike rate of 80 across his last 22 ODI's...

This is insane. The bloke averages 35 at a strike rate at 160 in T20I. You give him as many overs as possible.

Totally agree,batting Maxwell at 5 or 6 is far to low and to expect him to come in when the run rate required is 12 plus per over is a big ask and his only option is to hit out or get out.

A big ✔️ to the selectors for both squads much more scoring power in the middle order.

I’m not a huge fan of Mitch Marsh but have him ahead of Stoinis if the plan is to play them as batting all rounders. His bowling is stronger and not convinced of Stoinis ability against frontline bowling attacks

One area I reckon we may have been able to exploit the South Africans is with an extra leggie in place of Agar. Agars form has been steady but just reckon a Swepson or Boyce could cause some headaches. I know we have Zampa but he’s not a massive turner of the ball which SA batsmen can struggle with

For the T20's yes, not for the ODI's.

As many have perhaps noted I am a huge Glenn Maxwell fan and has wonderful talent which has been wasted.Some his fault but more the Australian selectors and at 31 years of age this guy should have played more then 6 tests and his dropping from the test team after his ton in India a couple of seasons back I struggle to understand.Similar after the World Cup in England last year missed selection in a Australia v Australia A game before the test series.If he is not in the best 25 players for selection for test cricket I know nothing about test cricket.Lets hopes he gets runs in the remaining shield games but not sure how many he will play as the shorter version of the game has really stuffed Maxi's ambition of playing test cricket again.Well done to him in taking the break and lets hope we see him at his best,cricket needs entainers like him.

As many have perhaps noted I am a huge Glenn Maxwell fan and has wonderful talent which has been wasted.Some his fault but more the Australian selectors and at 31 years of age this guy should have played more then 6 tests and his dropping from the test team after his ton in India a couple of seasons back I struggle to understand.Similar after the World Cup in England last year missed selection in a Australia v Australia A game before the test series.If he is not in the best 25 players for selection for test cricket I know nothing about test cricket.Lets hopes he gets runs in the remaining shield games but not sure how many he will play as the shorter version of the game has really stuffed Maxi's ambition of playing test cricket again.Well done to him in taking the break and lets hope we see him at his best,cricket needs entainers like him.
The facts are the dude made 1 decent score and averaged 26 over 7 Test matches. I like the guy and would have given him another go but he is hardly as badly done by as you keep making out.

The facts are the dude made 1 decent score and averaged 26 over 7 Test matches. I like the guy and would have given him another go but he is hardly as badly done by as you keep making out.

Maxi also struggles against the short ball and pace....get the ball above 140 and he struggles ...the ODI game and t20 hides this but in first class cricket its a problem

A lot of people may question Marsh in the squad, but for limited overs I'm completely ok with it, his white ball record for Australia is actually better than a lot of people might think. Stoinis isn't really bowling atm, and even when he is I think Marsh looks a far superior bowler

Abbott too isn't a horrid choice. Not a massive fan myself but he has been putting up good numbers domestically for a while now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it will interesting to see if short plays and where he bats if he does.

the XI from:
Warner
Finch
Smith
Short
Wade
Carey
M.Marsh
Agar
Abbott
Cummins
Starc
K.Richardson
J.Richardson
Zampa

Maxwell out and Labuschagne & Hazlewood are their for the odi leg of the tour and have both expressed they are keen to play 20/20 world cup.

This seems to be the nucleus for the world cup later this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back