2020 AFLW R1 vs WC (Sun 9 Feb 1.10pm @ VICTORIA PARK) - 'pies open 2020 with a win! Coll 5.8 38 WC 1.5 8

Remove this Banner Ad

2020 AFLW R1 - COLLINGWOOD vs West Coast (their first AFLW match)

DATE: Sunday 9th February 2020
GATES OPEN: 11.00am
FIRST BOUNCE: 1.10pm
WHERE: Victoria Park

SCORES: AFLW match centre

SOCIAL MEDIA: twitter (CFC women's), Instagram (CFC women's)

BROADCASTS:
MELBOURNE: Foxtel​
PERTH: 7 / 7mate​
STREAM: womens.afl (AFLW match centre), AFLW App (android, apple)​
RADIO: SEN, AFLNation​

CLUB INFO:

TEAMS:
COLLINGWOOD
B:
9. Alana Porter, 12. Stacey Livingstone
HB: 23. Lauren Butler, 10. Ash Brazill, 22. Sophie Casey
C: 25. Maddie Shevlin, 8. Brit Bonnici, 17. Steph Chiocci
HF: 2. Chloe Molloy, 4. Sarah D’Arcy, 46. Sarah Dargan
F: 25. Mikala Cann, 6. Jordyn Allen
R: 1. Sharni Layton, 3. Brianna Davey, 13. Jaimee Lambert

I/C: 15. Erica Fowler, 24. Sophie Alexander, 21. Jordan Membrey, 7. Sarah Rowe, 14. Aishling Sheridan.

Emergencies: 11. Hynes, 50. O’Dea

In: 2. Molloy, 3. Davey, 9. Porter, 14. Sheridan, 15. Fowler, 21. Membrey, 24. Alexander
Out: 5. Grant (inj.), 11. Hynes, 16. Lynch, 18. Schleicher (inj.), 32. Gourlay, 34. Guttridge (StKilda AFLW), 41. Stratton

New: 3. Davey (Carl), 9. Porter (Oakleigh / Collingwood VFLW), 14. Sheridan (Ireland / NT Thunder VFLW)

*Not on Collingwood's 2020 AFLW list

WEST COAST

B: 14. B.Smith, 26. T.Radan
HB: 5. M.Dowrick, 35. S.McDonald, 16. A.Hill
C: 1. M.Bowen, 19. I.Cameron, 12. N.Kelly
HF: 2. K.Gibson, 9. A.Atkins, 8. M.Collier
F: 15. G.Kelly, 11 D.Pisconeri
Foll: 25. P.Laurie, 17. D.Hooker, 13. E.Swanson
I/C: 23. T.Tester, 4. C.Guard, 24. H.Bullas, 7. B.Devlyn, 27 C.Perera
Emerg: 6. E.Bonser, 32. K.Orme

Note: The AFLW app is separate to the AFL app, likewise women's AFL now has it's own web address

Last edited:

Assume we get the squads announced tomorrow. Really looking forward to this game and hopefully some insight into what our expectations could be this year.

Lots of cool things

Trophy Showcase
Immerse yourself in Collingwood History and get a photo with one of our club trophies.

• 1990 AFL
  • 2010 AFL
  • 2019 VFLW
This never bodes well.

Traditional Victoria Park Bell
Carrying on the tradition from our first AFL Women’s match at Victoria Park, make sure you arrive on time to hear the Traditional 1924 Victoria Park Bell ring before the match.
Not sure I've ever seen this bell, normally the Britannia bell is used.

Why do you say the cups thing never bodes well?
We generally lose when there's prior cups on (or near) the ground prior to the match.

We generally lose when there's prior cups on (or near) the ground prior to the match.
Ahh. And add that to I don't think we've won a round 1 game (not unlike the mens the last few years) but lets hope for better luck this year

Ahh. And add that to I don't think we've won a round 1 game (not unlike the mens the last few years) but lets hope for better luck this year
It's worse than that, we've never won an AFLW game instead the first 3 rounds. In 2017 & 2018 our first win came in R4, 2019 it came in the last round. Hopefully the offseason shakeup changes that.

Very much looking forward to this and I'll be there...... even signed up for the AFLW membership too. 👍

I went for a kick of the footy with my dog and the ground is looking cherry ripe indeed. Well done to the grounds staff because about 4 weeks ago there was a bush fire fundraiser gig that obviously wasn't originally scheduled. After the gig the ground wasn't all that bad (was expecting ripped up turf) but the grounds staff did some sort of raking (it looked like) all over the ground. They no doubt knew what they were doing. 👍 There's a few minor blemishes up close but seriously, the turf is a delight to run and kick on.

They were marking the white lines today too.

1580973356048.png

1580973520990.png

1580973675140.png

1580973819141.png

Also the ripping out the old deteriorated seats and upgrading them in the Sherrin stand has been going on for yonks and well done to the workers too. I've been there on a Sundays and really hot weather and they have been plowing through. (and yeah Sunday is double time coz I asked them 😋)

You can see not all seats have been replaced as yet. It's been a massive job.

1580974135036.png

CARN PIES!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what’s happened to Ruby Schleicher. Is she still injured? Seems to be our ‘face’ of AFLW this season. Featuring heavily in Pies promotional material, social media, etc.

She’s a great girl, met her at the season launch last year. Hope we see her back soon.

Very much looking forward to this and I'll be there...... even signed up for the AFLW membership too. 👍

I went for a kick of the footy with my dog and the ground is looking cherry ripe indeed. Well done to the grounds staff because about 4 weeks ago there was a bush fire fundraiser gig that obviously wasn't originally scheduled. After the gig the ground wasn't all that bad (was expecting ripped up turf) but the grounds staff did some sort of raking (it looked like) all over the ground. They no doubt knew what they were doing. 👍 There's a few minor blemishes up close but seriously, the turf is a delight to run and kick on.

They were marking the white lines today too.

View attachment 818543

View attachment 818546

View attachment 818547

View attachment 818550

Also the ripping out the old deteriorated seats and upgrading them in the Sherrin stand has been going on for yonks and well done to the workers too. I've been there on a Sundays and really hot weather and they have been plowing through. (and yeah Sunday is double time coz I asked them 😋)

You can see not all seats have been replaced as yet. It's been a massive job.

View attachment 818551

CARN PIES!!!
The ground is looking superb.

Not sure what’s happened to Ruby Schleicher. Is she still injured? Seems to be our ‘face’ of AFLW this season. Featuring heavily in Pies promotional material, social media, etc.

She’s a great girl, met her at the season launch last year. Hope we see her back soon.
Injured. Was hoping the club would ditch the ambiguous available, unavailable, etc, but it looks like we have to put up with it for at least another season.

Injury List
Alexander (eye) available
Grant (concussion) unavailable
Schleicher (knee) unavailable

Lambert and Davey onball! That's powerful. Love Brazill back and Molloy forward also. Gives us legitimate quality at either end. Our structure is looking much better with that quartet.

It seems Machaelia Roberts hasn't done enough for a game yet. I'm really rooting for her and hope she cracks the team soon.

Lambert and Davey onball! That's powerful. Love Brazill back and Molloy forward also. Gives us legitimate quality at either end. Our structure is looking much better with that quartet.

It seems Machaelia Roberts hasn't done enough for a game yet. I'm really rooting for her and hope she cracks the team soon.

Agree, Mickey Roberts has given up a lot to join us. Hopefully see her in round 2.

This is the final team. Just watched a bit of them training at vic park. Roberts was training with the girls, I guess the whole squad would have to, no matter if they didn't get picked or not.

B: 9. Alana Porter, 12. Stacey Livingstone
Int: 15. Erica Fowler, 24. Sophie Alexander, 21. Jordan Membrey, 7. Sarah Rowe, 14. Aishling Sheridan.

Debutants: 9. Porter, 14. Sheridan

This is the final team. Just watched a bit of them training at vic park. Roberts was training with the girls, I guess the whole squad would have to, no matter if they didn't get picked or not.

B: 9. Alana Porter, 12. Stacey Livingstone
Int: 15. Erica Fowler, 24. Sophie Alexander, 21. Jordan Membrey, 7. Sarah Rowe, 14. Aishling Sheridan.

Debutants: 9. Porter, 14. Sheridan

You serious, they were training there tonight !?!?! Doh! I missed them.

I was there earlier and managed to see this.

1581066652771.png

You serious, they were training there tonight !?!?! Doh! I missed them.

I was there earlier and managed to see this.

View attachment 819109
Heh I like it.

Yeah they started at a bit past 6pm. I heard Chloe say they were training there in her press conference.

IMG_2135.JPG

IMG_2137.JPG

IMG_2141.JPG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back