The West Coast Eagles are changing their team song

Remove this Banner Ad

Cotchins Hair Piece

Bouffant Flat Top
Mar 6, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
When they say ‘club song’ do they just mean it was a song made in conjunction with the club? Surely that’s not the theme song that the players run out to and sing after a win. It’s an actual song.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Typical modern junk! Just like 98% of crap that's on the radio these days! Far to mallow as a footy song!
Nice try but a waste imho, The old song will be back before you know it!

Whats wrong with just using Eagle Rock?

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
And what's with Birds of Tokyo's overly aspirational wanky name? It's borderline unAustralian.

Maybe if they named themselves something like "Birds of Dubbo" we'd get a decent song out of them!

Erm, perhaps not

Typical modern junk! Just like 98% of crap that's on the radio these days! Far to mallow as a footy song!
Nice try but a waste imho, The old song will be back before you know it!

Whats wrong with just using Eagle Rock?

Mallow can be bad arse

giphy.gif

Are Birds of Tokyo the worst Australian band to ever hit the airway? I think yes. They’re horrid.

As I've said on socials if you're going to revamp a song why employ the Australian equivalent of Nickelback to do it? I mean didn't they learn from about 8 years ago when their cross town rival had a vote to revamp their song, and cutting out 90 seconds of Freo Heave Ho's was preferable to a Bird's of Tokyo number?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sully90

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
Don't mind it, the didgeridoo at the start sets a good atmosphere for the rest of the song. The chorus hasn't actually changed tune so the players can still sing it the same way when they win.

Apr 10, 2004
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
49ers, Liverpool
Call me old school, but fu** this s**t, stick with the song we won our first flag with, i know i'm a dinosaur with my theory, but you have to keep some traditions.

This is all about cash and another way make money of the fans, guarantee the CD will be on the shelves at the club store as i type this.
For years they took the best of us and claimed them for their own is a little hard to push these days seeing as our last premiership captain is from SA, the one before that is from Vic, and our next in Shuey is also Vic.

Coach_Required

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool & Boston Celtics
Don't mind it, the didgeridoo at the start sets a good atmosphere for the rest of the song. The chorus hasn't actually changed tune so the players can still sing it the same way when they win.

What about the first verse though? They could have just started with the Didgeridoo and then the chorus. If the players are going to just sing it the same way then why do they even bother?

How much $$$ did they spend on that just so they could use it as a tourist commercial? 😂

Sully90

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
What about the first verse though? They could have just started with the Didgeridoo and then the chorus. If the players are going to just sing it the same way then why do they even bother?

How much $$$ did they spend on that just so they could use it as a tourist commercial? 😂

The chorus was the only good part of the old West Coast song, it was the verse's that needed a revamp.

And have you seen WC's figures? Their cash is off the charts, why not spend it on updating a song that no one really likes anyway?

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
I’ve never understood the hype, extremely overrated.
They’re dreadful, mate. Biggest sellouts. They dropped some good songs at the turn of the decade but then started writing trash pop that the radio will gladly play all day purely because they’re Australian. And now they’re writing gospel crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back