Review Decade in review...

Remove this Banner Ad

Arcanefontaine

Cancelled
Jan 1, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Well with the last season of the clubs decade of existence upon us. What are some your best and least favourite moments? Have your expectations changed? Do you have hope for the future? Has your passion grown or faded? What would you change or have changed?

It has indeed been a tumultuous start to the Suns first 10 years. Has to be right up there with the worst runs to start a decade in any sport I reckon. No need to remind us the plateau of 12th in the ladder and only 2 spoons as the bright spots, try and keep positive..... it’s hard I know.

2020 though I’m having a good feeling this time, for real...yes for real, it’s there this has to be the year surely. The Sun is glimmering through the gloom and with that comes the hope the hope that this team can stay healthy and come together as a solid group as a group of winners who play for each other and play for pride of the badge. The pieces are there, now just to put them into play and finally get the results and build a winning culture. Let’s have the next 10 years forge our future and help us forget the worst of the last 10. It’s time for the Gold Coast Suns to get some respect not just in Queensland but the whole league.

Or maybe I’m just in denial and hope really is gone, maybe the Gold Coast curse is real? maybe we do have an expiration date..... ah whatever! We are Gold Coast, we are the Suns and we will rise to become the gleaming bright star that bears our name and represents our home. 😎

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
2019 - our last year of the decade, we had only 5 players win Brownlow votes. Our lowest number of players to get recognised by the umpires.
I'd bet we do better this year.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
2019 - our last year of the decade, we had only 5 players win Brownlow votes. Our lowest number of players to get recognised by the umpires.
I'd bet we do better this year.
Glamour is a oldy timey word that funnily enough gets applied to modern sporting franchises
With our new recruits and recent signings we have a bit for the first time in ages
Ellis,Greenwood,King,Lukosius,Rakine,and Anderson all are a bit special
We should of course not forget Sean Lemmens

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Glamour is a oldy timey word that funnily enough gets applied to modern sporting franchises
With our new recruits and recent signings we have a bit for the first time in ages
Ellis,Greenwood,King,Lukosius,Rakine,and Anderson all are a bit special
We should of course not forget Sean Lemmens
Players on new teams definitely get a boost. Greenwood will get his biggest haul.
King, rankine both chances to kick bags.
I’d put wellers name up in lights if he is playing more mid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back