Movie Untitled Obi-Wan Kenobi film (2020) - Spoilers and Rumors

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I believe I just did and I can.

Evidence being the story group walking back from each movie in particular ways with peripheral material.

In fact I'd be reasonably confident that they weren't consulted heavily for any of the three sequel films.
LOL, you're trying to make pronouncements on a business process we know absolutely nothing about. You could equally be describing a reactive Story Group responding badly to criticism. You're confusing opinion with fact.

Also how was his influence on Solo bad?
Darth Maul; bringing nonsensical story beats from children's cartoons into the movies was ridiculous and only served to confuse some viewers.

Last edited:
LOL, you're trying to make pronouncements on a business process we know absolutely nothing about. AYou could equally be describing a reactive Story Group responding badly to criticism. You're confusing opinion with fact.

Darth Maul; bringing nonsensical story beats from children's cartoons into the movies was ridiculous and only served to confuse some viewers.

Nah it's fact, but thanks for your opinion.

Darth Maul was Filoni's fault? Here I was thinking it was Kasdan's son.

:tearsofjoy:

Let me guess, you're some kind of big deal at the Disney factory. You literally have no working idea of how the Story Group operates, none of us do, trying to pass it off as fact to start an argument is a new low. I'll pass.

I read a leak on Reddit mate, trust me I know what I'm talking about.

But in all seriousness, Hidalgo ranks TFA and TROS virtually at the bottom of his list of preferences, ROS and TLJ clash with a lot of the expanded material that had to then be retconned, and in TROS' case virtually contradicts the previous film. If the Storygroup was involved in either film it was at a very cursory level, and nothing beyond that.

the story group are as much to blame....hidalgo for instance was the one who encouraged RJ to do the holdo maneuver based on a bit in a rebels episode

Source? What bit in a Rebels episode?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Source? What bit in a Rebels episode?
the source was reddit a year ago, where a LFL storygroup person and i were arguing about it, and they showed me a hand written note from hidalgo to RJ where PH points RJ to an episode where the maneuver was done on a planet, and a big explosion is seen in the episode, thats all, not its entire destruction, and they were showing me a pre production storyboard of that episode where originally the planet disappears.

i am serious about that story. i just cant remember exactly which show.

It's not an episode of Rebels (clearly, if it involves Anakin) and doesn't sound like a TCW episode. Also if it were an episode of TCW, doesn't that make it Filoni's fault?

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
But in all seriousness, Hidalgo ranks TFA and TROS virtually at the bottom of his list of preferences, ROS and TLJ clash with a lot of the expanded material that had to then be retconned, and in TROS' case virtually contradicts the previous film. If the Storygroup was involved in either film it was at a very cursory level, and nothing beyond that.
If the expanded material is inconsistent with the film, then someone lower on the pecking order has ****ed up. Lucas made it clear from day 1, films first, TV second, everything else after that. The danger of trying to hit simultaneous deadlines with different media.

If the expanded material is inconsistent with the film, then someone lower on the pecking order has f’ed up. Lucas made it clear from day 1, films first, TV second, everything else after that. The danger of trying to hit simultaneous deadlines with different media.

If the expanded material comes first..?

Lucas hasn't been in charge for about 8 years.

ill try to find the episode tonight and let you know

Have a feeling I'm watching it now funnily enough, I don't think it involves Hyperspace though..

EDIT: Yep if it's this episode, he literally just rams it, which is a pretty common strategy and was used in Legends as well.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
If the expanded material comes first..?

Lucas hasn't been in charge for about 8 years.
Then it’s still wrong ;)

Im aware Lucas is not there any more but he set the original standard. The movies are the primary world that matters. If something in the expanded material contradicts the movie, then the expanded material is wrong. It happened with TCW contradicting stuff from books that had already been released. It makes sense; millions watch the movies, much less so read the books.

Then it’s still wrong ;)

Im aware Lucas is not there any more but he set the original standard. The movies are the primary world that matters. If something in the expanded material contradicts the movie, then the expanded material is wrong. It happened with TCW contradicting stuff from books that had already been released. It makes sense; millions watch the movies, much less so read the books.

No it isn't, not according to Disney. If it is wrong they may as well still write Legends books.

TV > Movies these days.

TCW didn't contradict the books? What did it contradict?

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
No it isn't, not according to Disney. If it is wrong they may as well still write Legends books.

TV > Movies these days.

TCW didn't contradict the books? What did it contradict?
With all the best will in the world, mistakes can happen. The movies will always trump other media, then TV, then anything else.

As for contradictions, I read about a few at the time Legends was banished but the biggest was the book Jedi Trial, which came out before TCW. The timeline and events is contradicted in the show.

With all the best will in the world, mistakes can happen. The movies will always trump other media, then TV, then anything else.

As for contradictions, I read about a few at the time Legends was banished but the biggest was the book Jedi Trial, which came out before TCW. The timeline and events is contradicted in the show.

Meh TCW contradicts the notion the war lasted 3 years, if you ignore the supposed 3 year timespan, everything is fine.

Back