News North records another profit

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a good result in terms of one year but it doesn't present the Club looking realistically to the future. It appears to be of the opinion that Hobart is a very long term situation.

Objectives and Strategies of the Company

The Company’s short-term objectives (2020) are:

• To meet targets set that will allow the Company to continue to invest in the football department, in particular player payments, which will give us the best opportunity to achieve on-field success. Tick

• To investigate innovative ways to grow football revenue above 2019 levels, in particular membership, whilst also increasing sponsorship, sales, events and fundraising revenue. Tick

• To grow non-football revenue. Tick

• To successfully integrate AFLW into the operations of the Company. Tick

• To establish a strong new market of supporters by further developing relationships in Hobart and developing regions in Victoria. We shouldn’t bank on Tassie for the 2021-2023 and beyond period and this period is hardly long term.

• To continue to reduce the Company’s debt with ongoing supporter and member-driven campaigns involving member contributions, unique events and products. Tick

The Company’s long-term objectives (2021 – 2023) are:

• To deliver sustained on-field success. Tick

Surely a long-term objective is to grow the Melbourne/Victorian member base.

To achieve these objectives, the Company has adopted the following strategies:

• To actively engage with members, supporters and communities. Good, but how?

• To explore strategies for new markets in Hobart and Wyndham whilst continuing to maintain its existing strong Melbourne based supporter areas. Hobart can’t be seen as long term. We need a strategy that prepares for life after Hobart.

• To develop a best practice football department. Tick

• To ensure strong and effective financial management along with sound risk management and integrity practices. Tick

• To ensure strong alignment with the AFL and other key stakeholders. Tick
Excellent summary as usual Limerick. What it doesn't say is more concerning than what it does.

Financial statements are different to a strategic plan. Can only be specific with respect to what has happened.

Given everything that went wrong it is a good result. Not sure how it compares to every other club in terms of net position or growth but I don't get the feeling they are sitting on their hands.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Excellent!

I also hope they enjoyed reading my roasting about Auto Payment on today’s 2020 Member Survey
Me too. There is no way I will EVER let Club do auto renewal. I will decide which category of membership I want every year and when I want my bank account debited. There should be a tick on website to opt out.

What they did to do to you?

I've had no issues in the last 5+ years.

I am opposed to them taking a large sum of money when it suits them.

I shouldn’t have to contact them to put a stop to it.

I do it for needs...utilities.

My membership is a want.

Actually seems ok. The drop in revenue would be due to the donations received last financial year for the Arden st upgrade. As that’s a one off it’s more appropriate to compare revenue to the year before i.e 19 vs 17.

I was concerned that the upgrade would see debt increase so it’s pleasing to see this hasn’t really occurred. Same with all the payouts I guess.

I'm still pissed off they stole another game from us for Hobart without a by your leave 2 minutes after putting their hand out for more cash. Can honestly say the days of me "donating" extras or supporting raffles just cos are over. When they treat me the members with more respect they might earn that privilege back.

Financial statements are different to a strategic plan. Can only be specific with respect to what has happened.

Given everything that went wrong it is a good result. Not sure how it compares to every other club in terms of net position or growth but I don't get the feeling they are sitting on their hands.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does the Club have a published Strategic Plan? It is a good result for us however relative to the other Victorian Clubs we are going backward. In 2019 we had the lowest membership. In 2013 we were 4th lowest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does the Club have a published Strategic Plan? It is a good result for us however relative to the other Victorian Clubs we are going backward. In 2019 we had the lowest membership. In 2013 we were 4th lowest.
We really need to spend some money on advertising.
I see posters all over the place for the tigers, dogs, hawks, pies and bombers

Remember the tram that had Jack Ziebell on it way back?
Something like that.
Get the colours out there in people's heads.
Make the wharf hotel show only North games when we are on, since they partner with us.
Paint the spirit of Taz blue and white with a big Robbie Tarrant mural or something

I'm still pissed off they stole another game from us for Hobart without a by your leave 2 minutes after putting their hand out for more cash. Can honestly say the days of me "donating" extras or supporting raffles just cos are over. When they treat me the members with more respect they might earn that privilege back.

I try and defend the current Board but that one stunk. Don't forget it was going to guarantee us four wins and a final spot.

I was bracing for worse than that. Pretty happy with that result on the proviso that this time next year it's bounced back big time.

Wouldn't a chunk of Scott's contract still be pending?

We received circa $600k for AFLW. This may be a one off, I am not sure
Nah that's ongoing. It covers player payments, travel and accommodation (and that funding will increase every year as the salary cap gradually goes from $475k in 2019 to $720k in 2022 and an extra H&A round gets added each season). It doesn't cover costs like coaching and medical staff, which there is a $450k soft cap for AFLW.

And, of course, that $600k doesn't include any other revenue stream like Mazda's major sponsorship of the AFLW team or the $500k per year from the Tasmanian government.

Wouldn't a chunk of Scott's contract still be pending?

Depends on the condition of his termination. My guess from reading the Report (disclaimer: it's late) is no as there's nothing to indicate that future liability, although this might be simply tied up in the future expenditure which is aggregated with the other players and staff (nothing unusual about that).

Are you this sexist because there are no women in your life?

See the types of petty outraged fruit loops you have to deal with around here?

Last edited by a moderator:
You strike me as the type of bloke that doesn't travel, therefore the point is moot.

I see.

What village did you plunder with your alpha god like traits? Was the exchange of livestock involved?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back