List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you think a bloke as slow as him can lead into space and get separation enough to take all these marks? Might as well chuck Priddis off the HFF :shrug:

All our forwards, Cripps, Ryan, Rioli, Petch and even Venables are all fast and can get separation on their opponent, i think Sheed would struggle.

He's not alone, i also believe Hutchings, Marsden and Redden have all struggled at times attempting to play the same role.

His inability to play off the HFF led him to being dropped for a chunk of our flag campaign and it was only his performance in the guts which got him a premiership.

Add in Sheeds lackluster pressure and tackling game and it looks even less and less appealing to me.

He knows how to find the goals though, but i think that's due to losing his man around stoppages and being offensive.

His last 18 months playing in the guts have been absolutely outstanding. Why would we change it?
Sure sheed may spend small stints forward but his main role this year will be wing and onball rotarion . He already gets most of his clearances outside of the centre bounces .

Sheed will be the reverse gaff in he will be the winger pushing forward as the outlet and getting his marks on the HFF rather than gaffs HBF game .

We want the ball in sheeds hands forward of centre as his lazer left boot is a forwards dream

Two things I'm hoping that Sheed has worked on, particularly if he's moving more to the wing/HFF. His defensive pressure / tackling and decision making over the summer.
A lot of us on this board are worried about how often he's flat footed and doesn't bother putting any real pressure as the ball is moved away from him.
Last year I also felt he would often freeze or make a very poor decision in the forward half. Whether delivering the ball inside 50 or around the wing. If he's playing on a wing he'll need to use the ball better.

Sure sheed may spend small stints forward but his main role this year will be wing and onball rotarion . He already gets most of his clearances outside of the centre bounces .

Sheed will be the reverse gaff in he will be the winger pushing forward as the outlet and getting his marks on the HFF rather than gaffs HBF game .

We want the ball in sheeds hands forward of centre as his lazer left boot is a forwards dream
His humanitarian work is very underrated...

What is this thread

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There was an increasing number of posts in the preseason training thread that were contract/drafting related. They had little or nothing to do with training and were interrupting the flow of that thread

Because there wasn’t an actual contract/draft/trade thread for 2020 a new one was created using the first post I could find that seemed appropriate

So that’s what this thread is

C: Sheed Yeo Gaff

R: NN, Kelly, Shuey

I: Redden

Kelly, Shuey regularly rotate outside so that gives Sheed a chance to play in the guts, Redden has the last mid spot and Hutchings plays in the WAFL.

Keep Sheed out of the forward line apart from short bursts.
damn right. What has Sheed ever done for us n the forward line!:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1d952f06362ba4005c971cd3a4589b06.jpg

2521882680da4727226ccef63cb3f16b.jpg

Cripps will go down as one of our best trades, from memory it only cost us pick 41 plus a 2 spot downgrade from pick 44 to 46?

He's already kicked 195 goals from 147 games with the eagles, and will likely move between (8th-10th) on our all time goal kicking after this season.

He'll be a club great by the time he finishes his career :westcoast:

Not sure what the Saints ended up doing with those picks (they didn't have them in the draft), but that's highway robbery 🚔

Cripps will go down as one of our best trades, from memory it only cost us pick 41 plus a 2 spot downgrade from pick 44 to 46?

He's already kicked 195 goals from 147 games with the eagles, and will likely move between (8th-10th) on our all time goal kicking after this season.

He'll be a club great by the time he finishes his career :westcoast:

Not sure what the Saints ended up doing with those picks (they didn't have them in the draft), but that's highway robbery 🚔

Drafted Brodie Murdoch and Josh Saunders

Both players were delisted at the end of 2016 after both playing 22 games in 4 years

We took intangibles with 45

In the assorted crap pile

Coaching structure change

HERE
Was wondering when they were going to announce this. They’ve only been in those roles since the beginning of December, maybe earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back