Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like the song when we win. Any other time I cringe a little bit.

WTF kane?

The only part of the song that has always confused me is 'We'll never stop, stop, stop. TIl we're top, top, top.

Why stop when you're at the top? Keep winning and get a 2nd cup.... And a 3rd.....

Otherwise love our song from start to finish.

When John Butcher has kicked more goals in a game for the club than any of your current forwards.

Butch’s game against Brisbane in 2016 is one of the great CHF performances over the club’s AFL journey.

And despite Schulz’s cooked back forcing his retirement, we chose to delist him a few weeks later anyway 😂

Butch’s game against Brisbane in 2016 is one of the great CHF performances over the club’s AFL journey.

And despite Schulz’s cooked back forcing his retirement, we chose to delist him a few weeks later anyway 😂

That’s probably going a little Ken Hinkley: Demon Slayer but damn it was entertaining. It’s right next to the Jason Davenport folder in my head.

That’s probably going a little Ken Hinkley: Demon Slayer but damn it was entertaining. It’s right next to the Jason Davenport folder in my head.

I can’t remember if he had 19 or 22 score involvements, but wowee.

I can’t remember if he had 19 or 22 score involvements, but wowee.

I’m not sure about the score involvements but I reckon he’d be the only player in VFL/AFL history to have a 4 goal/20 disposal game before being scapegoated only a week later never to return.

The only part of the song that has always confused me is 'We'll never stop, stop, stop. TIl we're top, top, top.

Why stop when you're at the top? Keep winning and get a 2nd cup.... And a 3rd.....

Yep
Change "Till" to "When"

Washington Wizards hey. Reach for the stars Ports.
Did you see who he thanked first? MSE. They own 6 pro sports teams and own and/or manage 4 stadiums/venues. The first team of the 6 teams the chairman and ceo of MSE John Leonsis bought, was the NHL's Washington Capitals in 1999. They won the Stanley Cup in May 2018. Their WNBA team the Washington Mystics is the reigning champions.

Whilst Hunter may have attended 2 Wizards games, he was exposed to a lot more than just the Wizards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Washington Wizards hey. Reach for the stars Ports.

As long as I’m still prompted to engage in an organic, fan-driven pre-game ritual by an Essendon supporter paid to be annoying, I’m good with it fam.

Dont you win a flag, then stop to sink plenty of piss, then fire up when the preseason starts.

Do we have to be that specific in the lyrics to nuff nuff footy fans?

Yeah the ending isn’t great either.

“We’ll never give in
Til the flag is ours for the taking”

I hate to say it but if that’s not a 119 prophecy then nothing is.
Cut the intro, a few lyric sheet tweaks, authentic instruments with a more trad footy song vocal etc. would help it but we are talking about polishing a turd at the end of the day.

The Butch woulda been a star if he played the 2016 div 4 Brions every week.

Yeah we should change our song and promise any potential major sponsors we can have their name in it.

Here we go here we go Rasheeds deli Power

I'm an jeanious.

This will be massive.

Why hasn't anyone thought of this before?

And despite Schulz’s cooked back forcing his retirement, we chose to delist him a few weeks later anyway

The next week was literally the last game he played wasn't it? And he still managed a goal more than the big recruit in an absolute drubbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back