Preview 2020 Player Previews

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not expecting a big year from Doc, I'm expecting him to be a bit rusty early in the season while he finds his touch. I just want to see him get through and play as many games as possible. What I am excited by is just how much better he makes a our defence as a hole and how he'll help the other players back there improve.

His best year was in 2015 he played 20 games and he averaged 13.6 disposals and kicked 14 goals. With his speed he'll either play wing or HF but by all the training reports Dow, Cunningham, Newnes, Martin, OBrein, Walsh and Philp are all having good preseason. I haven't heard any reports about Lang have a great preseason and I don't really see where he'll fit. IMO would be luck to play more than 5 games and not get delisted. Which is sad because he'll just be another player add to a long list who's body couldn't hack it.

I'm on the fence with SPS, I like the run he gives us off half back but also like the toughness and skill he gives us as an inside mid. One thing I'm not on fence is he is a star and I think 2020 will be he's break out year.
So true -- to end up with he and setterfield from the draft following our talls is heaven

I can't wait to see what this guy can do in 2021 but for 2020 I wouldn't play him at all and make sure he is 100% ready and hungry next year. He's too talented to risk him.
My two questions on Kemp is

Where does he play? He's so versatile we could start playing him anywhere.

The other is how will missing his first year affect him?

Like most blue fan I really love what Walsh was able to do in his first year. He's footy brain, he's running patterns and his endurance are phenomenal. I seem a couple of people say we should play him more as an inside mid but I think he is a major weapon for us as a wingman and there are not a lot of natural wingman in the competition any more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plowman is one of our most underrated players. He's flexible, tough and hard working. He takes on some of the most talented forwards in the competition and wins most weeks.

100% with you, very underrated. I remember watching a preview show on Carlton vs Brisbane and they used the phrase Cameron would own Plowman, well that went well beteasy!

A player who used hardwork and endeavour, you can see the application that crippa talked about at the B N F his improvement is out of sight.

Yeah I agree, high HF

I just want him to be injury free, then let nature take its course
Darcy has definitely shown glimpses with the scats and us of what he is capable of and what he brings to the team.
Hopefully he gets a solid run at it injury free. Could be a real sleeper. Loved his triple effort against Aints

I'm very exciting to see what Martin can do this year. I think the role he needs to play is that high half forward and be the link up kick between the midfield and the forwards. I'd like to see him lead the team in score involvements but if he can average 20 disposals and a goal or two, that'll be great too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back