• Western Bulldogs

Votes: 5 0.4%

• Total voters

Captain chaos

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Bolton is 21, turning 22 this year. What is he even supposed to be? A small forward? A small midfielder? Because he doesn't seem to do either of those roles overly well. He's had 3 seasons of AFL footy now, and has had maybe 3 good games in his career. There are so many players his age a mile ahead of him now.

Also he was average in that final, what game did you watch? His GWS and Fremantle games this year were good. His Brisbane final was average at best

22 in December so just turned 21 and played last year as a 20yo in a premiership-not many do that. He has played less than 30 games and you are banging on about consistency ? Watch the amount of scoring chains he is involved with in that final and his screamer and subsequent perfect pass to Lynch in the second quarter which was a momentum changer. How many good games should he have played in his 28 game career? He will be a star and as i said, far more advanced than Shane Edwards was at the same age.

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Have to agree about Miller. A dude that size being that mobile is just unfair. I reckon if he put on some muscle over the next year or two, he could be an elite tall defender. Like a better Darcy Moore.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he win the agility test in his draft year? Also ran a sub-3 second 20m sprint and dominated the goalkicking test. On paper, he's going to be an incredible player if he lives up to his potential
agility, plus scored 29/30 on the kicking i think. or it was 30/30 on one boot and 29/30 on the other. Something ridiculous.
I really wanted him....and Stack....and Graham....damn richmond. we'll just keep stealing their back office personnel :p
Subjective and all, but I can't say I rate McIntosh, Broad and Short in the same tier as the others listed as "Good/serviceable". Also not keen on Ross and Bolton (latter is too inconsistent). But as I said in my other comment, Miller looks like he has serious potential
Purely talking potential, not what's likely to happen. Every draftee needs a player comparison.

And he was picked ahead of 52 other draftees, so would have likely ended up on someone's list if not Richmond. I firmly believe he'll be a damn good player in future
Miller barely gets a touch in the vfl. Has made the bests twice in 2 seasons @ VFL level.

Just struggles to get involved and have an impact. Will be very surprised if he turns out to be a good AFL player.

Andyy

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Did you have to ?

This thread has SFA to do with Richmond but you feel inspired to spell it all out for us for the billionth time this off season how great you think your team is

Super

Amazing

F***ing tedious

It's like you campaigners are so insecure in your success anyone talking about another team on here is somehow attacking the amazing golden future you all have mapped out in your heads

Give it a rest ..... please

Didn't have to, and I don't spend much time on BF to be honest (check my profile) so I can't claim to be one of the 'campaigners' you mention.

Irrespective of that, it was worth posting just to see you meltdown a little.

Andyy

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I think Miller is going to be a gun once he gets a bit more training in.
As a kid, his kicking and mobility was off the charts. I'd promote him up a group.

I hope you're right, but from what I've seen I wasn't impressed from VFL form this year. If you're right then maybe he could replace Rance or Jack. But KPF roles are likely to be in tighter contention due to Chol and CCJ.

Balta has the height also but I prefer him on the wing/midfield.

Niggles

custom title:
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Purely talking potential, not what's likely to happen. Every draftee needs a player comparison.

And he was picked ahead of 52 other draftees, so would have likely ended up on someone's list if not Richmond. I firmly believe he'll be a damn good player in future
Hi Virgin Dog.

Have you ever actually watched him play VFL? Or are you still day dreaming about his draft combine results over 3 years ago, which mean absolutely nothing until tested in the heat of a game? There is about a 10% chance of him ever making the senior team. That's being generous.

I have NFI where you got the impression of Millers huge potential, let alone your bagging of Ross and Bolton. 2 future regulars for the tiges afl team. In future, I shall take all of your posts as the ramblings of just another misinformed bigfooty know it all.

Thankyou
Niggles

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hi Virgin Dog.

Have you ever actually watched him play VFL? Or are you still day dreaming about his draft combine results over 3 years ago, which mean absolutely nothing until tested in the heat of a game? There is about a 10% chance of him ever making the senior team. That's being generous.

I have NFI where you got the impression of Millers huge potential, let alone your bagging of Ross and Bolton. 2 future regulars for the tiges afl team. In future, I shall take all of your posts as the ramblings of just another misinformed bigfooty know it all.

Thankyou
Niggles
I admittedly haven't seen any of him in the VFL from the second half of 2019 - my impression is based on what I've seen the year and a half prior, his combine testing, and his footy career prior to being drafted (working through juniors and his time at Subi). Unless he's taken a massive 180 in the latter half of 2019, then I'd be surprised if he doesn't make it.

Your assessment of Ross and Bolton is not without bias - you've seen them feature in the senior side of the team you support, so naturally you have a higher opinion of them than someone who can remain objective. I, personally, have seen very little from either of them that impresses me enough to think they'll be good, long term players.

Go ahead and mute me if you are going to get triggered over someone else's opinions. It's an easy solution to a simple problem

nacnud

motw
Dec 3, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi Virgin Dog.

Thankyou
Niggles
Come on mate, if you want people to argue without insults at least do the same for others

boombastinac

Cancelled
Feb 4, 2020
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
North melbourne
I picked Gold Coast.
They have me scratching my head at the way how they play.
I hope i'm wrong as i respect their supporters.

22 in December so just turned 21 and played last year as a 20yo in a premiership-not many do that. He has played less than 30 games and you are banging on about consistency ? Watch the amount of scoring chains he is involved with in that final and his screamer and subsequent perfect pass to Lynch in the second quarter which was a momentum changer. How many good games should he have played in his 28 game career? He will be a star and as i said, far more advanced than Shane Edwards was at the same age.

Hit the nail on the head when compared with Shane Edwards

has played his best VFL games in the middle so would suspect that’s where he will end up once he gets more experience he’s also rated extremely highly internally with Hardwick saying he’s the most Talented player on the list

Don’t think he will ever be a major ball winner but when he does get his hands on it he makes things happen

also got a great leap on him producing some amazing marks at VFL level and one so far in the AFL during the Brisbane final

Captain chaos

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I admittedly haven't seen any of him in the VFL from the second half of 2019 - my impression is based on what I've seen the year and a half prior, his combine testing, and his footy career prior to being drafted (working through juniors and his time at Subi). Unless he's taken a massive 180 in the latter half of 2019, then I'd be surprised if he doesn't make it.

Your assessment of Ross and Bolton is not without bias - you've seen them feature in the senior side of the team you support, so naturally you have a higher opinion of them than someone who can remain objective. I, personally, have seen very little from either of them that impresses me enough to think they'll be good, long term players.

Go ahead and mute me if you are going to get triggered over someone else's opinions. It's an easy solution to a simple problem

Clearly no idea about bolton... need to watch more of him or your judgement is just plain awful.

Its not the coach

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Surprised there’s so many votes for Adelaide’s list tbh. They won’t be challenging any time soon, but their 25 and under team holds up really well and they’ve got seriously good talent in all parts of the ground. The Crouch brothers aren’t old either.
[/QUOT
Clearly the Crows are rebuilding and set to spend some time in the bottom half but I dont mind their list going forward.

Milera, O'Brien, Frampton, Doedee, Galluci, Himmelberg, Polhoke, Stengle, Fogarty, Murphy, Jones, McHenry, McAsey, Worrell,Schoenberg.
I wouldn't be surprised if they've already spent their time in the bottom half. Their list is still stronger than most.

Niggles

custom title:
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond

I would be extremely surprised if Miller makes it to the big time. Especially at Richmond. Will probably be delisted, and another team could maybe pick him up. That would be his best chance. Still not likely imo.

I would say my bias, as you call it towards Ross and Bolton is more so due to the fact I actually watch them every game and have seen how good they are and will be.

Ross broke into the team in his first year, no easy feat. And then showed his composure and class up until he got injured and was out for 10 or so weeks. Struggled in his return game rd 22 against WC, then understandably was left out for the finals. He's a first year player for goodness sake. No easy team to make with all our guns back in by then. He has a lot of potential being a big bodied mid.

Bolton became a regular this year in his 3rd year. (or 4th??) It took a bit longer for him due to his selfishness. His exquisite skills were never in question, especially his handball game. Edwardesque you could say. Once he learnt the Richmond way, selflessness. He's a lock. Yeah he's slight as a player but just so quick and agile that it doesn't matter. A great mark.

It seems ridiculous to talk these 2 down, whilst at the same time praising Miller. I know how fashionable it is to bag us Richmond posters nowadays. So just because I disputed your first post on the topic initially, very reasonably mind you, You got 'triggered' as you call it, and disliked it. Maybe you need to block me if you cant handle someone disagreeing with your 'opinion'.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
So let me get this right, on an online football forum, it is not permissible to ask someone for the rationality underpinning their points? Is that not the purpose of this website?

And to put the onus back on you, are you going to call out every poster who questions another posters point of view? Since when were you elevated to the position of the bigfooty police?
Oh boy 🙄

Have to agree about Miller. A dude that size being that mobile is just unfair. I reckon if he put on some muscle over the next year or two, he could be an elite tall defender. Like a better Darcy Moore.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he win the agility test in his draft year? Also ran a sub-3 second 20m sprint and dominated the goalkicking test. On paper, he's going to be an incredible player if he lives up to his potential

I don't know which way he'll go (others excite me more), but it really is a case of needing to give the kid time.

We keep getting told that talls take longer, and with this guy he started from behind anyway. He's from Kalgoorlie, so while he did have access to some decent training, he wasn't in the kind of 'full time' development program many of the city kids have.

For now he's a decent VFL player with potential to improve, which for a 195cm 20yo, isn't a bad place to be, and I'm happy to have him on the list for another year (preferably 2 or 3) to see what happens.

franjon

Premiership Player
Oct 27, 2004
Altona
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
none
Not sure how anyone could pick the Swans here.

Still need to phase out some older players over the next few years, but they’ve got some seriously impressive youth coming through.

They won’t be doing much damage over the next few years but I feel they’re in a good place.
I don't think the Swans are that bad anyway, especially with the AFL on their side. When they start to falter the AFL will just change the rules.

HardcoreGeelongFan

Club Legend
Dec 31, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
St Kilda
Do people really rate Ports list as that good? Considering most those votes would be Crows fans they're fans seem like absolute morons to want to sack Hinkley prematurely

Do people really rate Ports list as that good? Considering most those votes would be Crows fans they're fans seem like absolute morons to want to sack Hinkley prematurely

There is talent there. Coach is holding them back, though, a lot of the fans seem to be on the sack Hinkley bandwagon and it's not even Round 1.

Yes, I am aware Port smashed us last time we met.

Back