Rumour Former Eagle Daniel Kerr found unresponsive on main street in Kalgoorlie.

Remove this Banner Ad

I lived in Kambalda mostly, was machine operating in open cut mines out at St Ives, Coolgardie and Ora Banda. I wanted a change and was getting bored of living in the country. I've only been in Perth 5 years and I already dislike it, makes me appreciate the goldfields.

You genuinely prefer Kambalda to Perth?

You genuinely prefer Kambalda to Perth?
I didn't until I moved to Perth, lived in Thornlie, Maddington and East Cannington. I don't like the traffic, takes too long to drive anywhere. Many have no idea how to drive, literally inches between houses, everywhere you go there is a line up and wait. I can't go for an off road drive, get my car dirty, go for a hunt and test out new rifles without driving hours.

I didn't until I moved to Perth, lived in Thornlie, Maddington and East Cannington. I don't like the traffic, takes too long to drive anywhere. Many have no idea how to drive, literally inches between houses, everywhere you go there is a line up and wait. I can't go for an off road drive, get my car dirty, go for a hunt and test out new rifles without driving hours.

Sounds like you just don't like the city. Can think of plenty of places in WA I'd rather live than Kambalda.

Something your won't see on the front page tomorrow...Daniel gave up his time today as guest speaker at charity fundraiser for youth mental health that would have raised tens of thousands of dollars. He gave a really good open and honest interview. Great bloke and an absolute legend.

I lived in Kambalda mostly, was machine operating in open cut mines out at St Ives, Coolgardie and Ora Banda. I wanted a change and was getting bored of living in the country. I've only been in Perth 5 years and I already dislike it, makes me appreciate the goldfields.

First place I ever went underground for a look was in Kambalda, my mate who got me the job at Agnew was there as a Metallurgist in the WMC days. I remember staying with him for a couple of weeks the year Kingston Rule won the Melbourne Cup, 1990 or 91.

Something your won't see on the front page tomorrow...Daniel gave up his time today as guest speaker at charity fundraiser for youth mental health that would have raised tens of thousands of dollars. He gave a really good open and honest interview. Great bloke and an absolute legend.
I really am very sympathetic towards Afl players for the scrutiny they endure for just being good at the game. But some decisions that Daniel has made definitely doesn't put him in the great bloke category & I think he would agree with that.

It is fantastic that he is giving back & I am disappointed at the comments about him (& Hogan for that matter)on these threads. No doubt Kerr is trying to make amends & good on him for that, but he has a long way before he can be considered a great bloke.

Just thought with his private school background ( Aquinas College if that serves me correct) , his leadership roles at West Coast, his parents being athletes, sister being a role model to the women’s game, to me he had everything in place to succeed in footy after retirement. He had the people around him but chose some dodgy path. Again I am not dissing the security guard profession, I was myself a security guard before.

I think the biggest lesson for me, is not matter if your wealthy or poor, getting away from drugs or succeeding in life, is no guarantee with a high fare school private education. The private school educated bloke is no better or no worse than you.

I get what you are saying but he is very far from being from a stable background.
His Dad still makes the news (latest case only 3 or 4 years ago) for his voilent, drug/alcohol furled shenanigans.

Every man is still responsible for his own life and decisions though but I'm just pointing out that Kerr is not a great example of a guy from a sound background/family.

Curious to know, if you were the owner of that security company, would you hire Daniel Kerr to work for you again?

I reckon it wouldn't be a great image, especially if one of your staff was lieing around like that in the streets.
Kerr is a business development / marketing-type gimmick. Gets them in the door & people buy the opportunity to connect with Daniel Kerr. There’s no quality to what they sell, but they’re relatively successful utilising this model.

DK does some better quality work with his indigenous organisation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given we don't know what caused this, I'm not sure why it's made news in Melbourne.

Let he who has never got blackout wasted and passed out in the street cast the first stone I guess. I mean, I see it most days on Bourke St, but I guess those guys weren't good at kicking a ball, so the alternative to publicly shaming them is just to look down our nose at them while walking past them without caring if they live or die?

Maybe there'd be a story if it were clearly drug related. But this wasn't. And it shouldn't have been published if our media industry weren't a sewer.

Given we don't know what caused this, I'm not sure why it's made news in Melbourne.

Let he who has never got blackout wasted and passed out in the street cast the first stone I guess. I mean, I see it most days on Bourke St, but I guess those guys weren't good at kicking a ball, so the alternative to publicly shaming them is just to look down our nose at them while walking past them without caring if they live or die?

Maybe there'd be a story if it were clearly drug related. But this wasn't. And it shouldn't have been published if our media industry weren't a sewer.
Well he does have a pretty big history of various offences so it is hardly something that you should sweep under the rug as well

I get why it happens in regards to the media & know it shouldn’t. But the problem is ex players are owned by the media, in that it is the media that makes them into anything but normal citizens & makes them famous.

Players have a responsibility to understand that, because without media they’re not making a 10th of the income they do make now & have made in the past.

In Kerrs case he is part of a pretty tainted period at WC & the media want to include that as part of the story. It’s up to him to be smarter & pass out at home.

Any truth to the rumour he was hungover and spewed up on the front row?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back