Today I learned about capitalism

Remove this Banner Ad

What 10s of millions has capitalism killed?
Really?

do they not teach history at the school you want to?

start with slavery work your way forward to the british east india company -35 million died in india of starvation while wheat was being sent to england. look at the precursor causes of ww1 coupla folk shuffled off the ol mortal coil there - Fast forward to every chemical thats caused cancer clusters.

I mean really - you must be another one the op relates to.

Do you really have this little awareness of the world around you?

Really?

do they not teach history at the school you want to?

start with slavery work your way forward to the british east india company -35 million died in india of starvation while wheat was being sent to england. look at the precursor causes of ww1 coupla folk shuffled off the ol mortal coil there - Fast forward to every chemical thats caused cancer clusters.

I mean really - you must be another one the op relates to.

Do you really have this little awareness of the world around you?
Slavery isn't tenet of capitalism.

Slavery isn't tenet of capitalism.
Yeah mate and gulaging 40 million isnt a tenet of communism

yet here we are.....

take the brakes off humans and the arseholes rise to the top and take liberties....

IN California Companies are openly fighting against law reforms which would recognize the fiction that their gig economy workers are independent contractors.
These companies are actually spinning that the laws are about protecting old companies for the new. They are complaining that it will add 20-40% to their costs.

Here we have some of the newest and largest companies in the world, openly advocating for governments to recognize this shameful gig economy as having some type of benefit to its workers, while in reality it only benefits select shareholders of the companies.

How soon will it be that we see Woolworths and Coles employing independent contract workers in their stores?

Uber1.PNG

Not a page back there you were bloviating that no aboriginals had gone to jail for petty theft.

you got made to look daft within a couple of posts. The hilarious thing - is you dont learn and do a quick google before blahwarbling yourself into looking like an ignorant fu}# stick again a page later.

Because you clearly didnt read the op here you go again

the op was written FOR YOU

Original post:

<<<Ive noticed a similar vein in threads where conservatives flat out dont believe that something was done in the pursuit of the almighty dollar - you provide them with a bunch of links to back your story up and they just go quiet.

i dont think in most cases this is malicious or deliberate - i just dont think its on their radar - and when they do seeit they think its an isolated incident.

I think as a result of being in a lefty bubble these things come up in your feed more often so you are more aware of what an uncontrollable savage beast it has become.>>>

At this point you SHOULD feel embarrassed and stupid. I wonder though if you possess self awareness enough.
Have not learned anything about Capitalism from you that is for sure. You are embarrassing and stupid..you feel it and embrace it every day.

Have not learned anything about Capitalism from you that is for sure. You are embarrassing and stupid..you feel it and embrace it every day.
Mate youve been comprehensively owned so hard slaves from the pre civil war south feel sorry for you.

you are a living reminder of the proverb that its best to keep your mouth shut and have people think you might be stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Watching you flail about is like watching a blowfly trying to beat its way through a pane of glass - only with more pathos.

Enron Intentionally Created Blackouts To Raise Electricity Prices

Most of you are probably vaguely aware of Enron as being evil, even if the specifics have long since retired into anonymity on some Caribbean island paradise with prostitutes and a lifetime supply of rum. Suffice to say, they were pretty darn bad. Of course, not every rumor you hear about what happened in Enron is as bad as it sounds. Some are worse. For instance, in 2001, amid stories that Enron had intentionally caused blackouts so they could create more demand and raise energy prices, CEO Kenneth Lay indignantly assured the press those were nothing but "conspiracy theories." And then, two months later, a tape surfaced showing Enron intentionally causing blackouts for those exact reasons. 0:39 here is the most incriminating part:

In the tape, an Enron employee called Rich (or Dick) calls a power plant in Las Vegas and asks them to "get a little creative, and come up with a reason to go down." The guy on the other end agrees, like it's no biggie. This wasn't the only time they'd done this, but this instance is particularly bad because it happened during the California energy crisis, when the government ordered generators across the West to be directed to that state. Another tape from this period has employees laughing about "stealing" $1 million a day out of California and scamming old grandmas, only to segue into a conversation about TV and how "something's wrong with the country."

The end result? Enron made a sweet $1.6 billion in profits, and California Governor Gray Davis lost his job to the goddamn Terminator.

Enron guys now run a fund called Denham which is backed seemingly by US endowments like Harvard. This actually includes CIA funds funnelled through endowments.

I just find it interesting such naughty boys are backed by the US intelligence/ government. Which begs the question......when did they first have their support?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great come back

what do you do for an encore?

jump up on a table and piss all over yourself?
Keep the abuse coming you are good at...but I think you can still take it too a lower level. C'mon have a crack.
Capitalism is the ONLY system that will progress mankind. Hunting and gathering certainly did not work.

Mate youve been comprehensively owned so hard slaves from the pre civil war south feel sorry for you.

you are a living reminder of the proverb that its best to keep your mouth shut and have people think you might be stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Watching you flail about is like watching a blowfly trying to beat its way through a pane of glass - only with more pathos.
You have been owned and found out for the foul mouthed no nothing that you are. Have you got a job ...who gave it to you ...a capitalist?
Capitalism works for all it's foibles. By the way that is not a proverb but an old wives tale...a myth if you like. I guess another might be the bloke who talks the loudest and most abusively...aka YOU. Is not the winner but a LOSER in large.

Keep the abuse coming you are good at...but I think you can still take it too a lower level. C'mon have a crack.
Capitalism is the ONLY system that will progress mankind. Hunting and gathering certainly did not work.
The ONLY.

You dont have a lot of imagination do you.

theres thousands of possible systems. Youve lived in one - and you think it is the only system that will work.

once again you self own.

You have been owned and found out for the foul mouthed no nothing that you are. Have you got a job ...who gave it to you ...a capitalist?
Capitalism works for all it's foibles. By the way that is not a proverb but an old wives tale...a myth if you like. I guess another might be the bloke who talks the loudest and most abusively...aka YOU. Is not the winner but a LOSER in large.
See this is where you just dont get it.

i think capitalism needs to be restrained - made to work better for all of humanity -not just a select few.

i am a capitalist. I own a business. Its the fourth business ive owned.

but i dont have a mindset of endless greed.

too many do.

as humanity reaches a point of almost total automation of tasks we will need a new system.

The ONLY.

You dont have a lot of imagination do you.

theres thousands of possible systems. Youve lived in one - and you think it is the only system that will work.

once again you self own.
Thousands of systems mmm possibly. But a free market economy provides incentive and reward to each and their own abilities.
Self own what ..that's drivel and you know it.

Thousands of systems mmm possibly. But a free market economy provides incentive and reward to each and their own abilities.
See this is where you just dont get it.

i think capitalism needs to be restrained - made to work better for all of humanity -not just a select few.

i am a capitalist. I own a business. Its the fourth business ive owned.

but i dont have a mindset of endless greed.

too many do.

as humanity reaches a point of almost total automation of tasks we will need a new system.
Capitalism has been restrained...Big Govt has made sure of that. I have owned businesses and I have worked at the big end of town also and I have never met anybody with a mind set of greed. Maximise profits sure...pay only the taxes I have to pay...look after my good staff no problems. Skin in the game is what it is all about. Those with the most to lose have the most to gain. Technology will certainly and has already changed the way the world works. But more people are better off than ever. There will always be cracks to fall through. But mobility from poor to middle class is within everybodies reach.

Mate you are behaving like a mental midget - you have literally experienced one kind of system in your life and think its the best system.

have a think about that. A real critical think.

This system we have in its current form is about 70 years old. As it is it could do with a hell of a lot of improvement - it could even become a half way decent system - but theres a long way to go and a hell of a lot if corruption to eliminate before it can be called that.

as i mentioned before it wont be too long before automation does away with most jobs and we will need a completely new system - or major structural changes to our current system to cope with the majority of people not having day jobs.

Mate you are behaving like a mental midget - you have literally experienced one kind of system in your life and think its the best system.

have a think about that. A real critical think.

This system we have in its current form is about 70 years old. As it is it could do with a hell of a lot of improvement - it could even become a half way decent system - but theres a long way to go and a hell of a lot if corruption to eliminate before it can be called that.

as i mentioned before it wont be too long before automation does away with most jobs and we will need a completely new system - or major structural changes to our current system to cope with the majority of people not having day jobs.
Describing you as a mental midget quite frankly is an insult to short people. Your brain is stuck in a groove.
Tell us what the 70 year old system is? From 1950 to now? There are 5 billion more people on the planet for a start..yep 2.5 to 7.5 Billion
ALL systems are evolving and quickly. Mate you are a neanderthal.

Describing you as a mental midget quite frankly is an insult to short people. Your brain is stuck in a groove.
Tell us what the 70 year old system is? From 1950 to now? There are 5 billion more people on the planet for a start..yep 2.5 to 7.5 Billion
ALL systems are evolving and quickly. Mate you are a neanderthal.
Tell me how well capitalism works in this country in relation to aged care homes.

Capitalism has been restrained...Big Govt has made sure of that. I have owned businesses and I have worked at the big end of town also and I have never met anybody with a mind set of greed. Maximise profits sure...pay only the taxes I have to pay...look after my good staff no problems. Skin in the game is what it is all about. Those with the most to lose have the most to gain. Technology will certainly and has already changed the way the world works. But more people are better off than ever. There will always be cracks to fall through. But mobility from poor to middle class is within everybodies reach.
How has it been restrained

Most of the big corps are offshoring profits and paying no tax

we are getting a pittance for our resources

the banks have had institutionalised fraud and noone has been repaid or gone to jail.

Blatant open corruption is a daily news event

I could go on all day.

How has it been restrained

Most of the big corps are offshoring profits and paying no tax

we are getting a pittance for our resources

the banks have had institutionalised fraud and noone has been repaid or gone to jail.

Blatant open corruption is a daily news event

I could go on all day.

I could go on all day about how wrong your comments are above..sure their is a bit of what you say but Corps pay 100 Billion in Tax
We all are getting Rich on our resources dug out and sold to the Chinese etc. Gina Reinhart is our biggest tax payer.
Banks are copping there wack as they should...you will like this I was a banker for nearly 15 years haha
Where is the blatant corruption? Australians are scammers by nature from the bottom to the top.

You sound like a whinging whining left footed left handed leftard. We spend 160 Billion on Social Welfare pa for goodness sake.
You should get on a boat and go and live in Colombia or Venezuela.

I could go on all day about how wrong your comments are above..sure their is a bit of what you say but Corps pay 100 Billion in Tax

We all are getting Rich on our resources dug out and sold to the Chinese etc. Gina Reinhart is our biggest tax payer.
It's a story of two resource-rich countries with two very different ways of harnessing the wealth they are blessed with.
By 2021 Australia will eclipse the Persian Gulf state of Qatar to become the world's biggest exporter of liquefied natural gas.
In that year, when both countries are forecast to pump and ship roughly 100 billion cubic metres of LNG each, Qatar's government will receive $26.6 billion in royalties from the multinational companies exploiting its offshore gasfields.
According to Treasury estimates, Australia will receive just $800 million for the same volume of gas leaving its shores.

Source: https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...hore-gas-wealth-is-going-20161009-gryaoi.html

Banks are copping there wack as they should...you will like this I was a banker for nearly 15 years haha
Where is the blatant corruption? Australians are scammers by nature from the bottom to the top.
Wheres the jail terms? They stole hundreds of millions of dollars.

You sound like a whinging whining left footed left handed leftard. We spend 160 Billion on Social Welfare pa for goodness sake.
You should get on a boat and go and live in Colombia or Venezuela.
8EC80E31-D645-4C41-B95C-A1A301169022.png
Large rt of that isnt “welfare”

its the old age pension and aged care.

Its legacy from when people paid part of their tax to get a pension when they were older.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back