Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true, and i think its pretty clear i misinterpreted the intended message, so i dont fault him at all.

I’d love to know if there is any understanding of how taryn took it from Waussie

Clearly they’ve had a bit of Barney but whether you’ve got any more info on taryns response in terms of moving forward - would be of interest

Guys I'd like to see this did a quick death, deal with it and move on is the way it should be done.
No surprise there is agro in the change room, my only concern is the way it was handled.
Kids cop a bullocking at training and in games all the time, leave them alone, let it sink in, let them have a sulk if that's how they deal with it, but come out and get it right next time.
My understanding from what I read was that he was sulking in front of his locker and Jack stood in front of him and laughed at him. Massive error of judgement on his part and with all his experience it shouldn't happen.
That's my personal opinion only. Let's move on at look at the positives coming out of training and there's plenty of them.

I’d love to know if there is any understanding of how taryn took it from Waussie

Clearly they’ve had a bit of Barney but whether you’ve got any more info on taryns response in terms of moving forward - would be of interest

I was at training on Wednesday and his demeanor was upbeat and he looked to be loving it as usual.

Not doubting something happened as Waussie get some good mail. I’d be putting this down to normal footy club happenings and moving on.

Guys I'd like to see this did a quick death, deal with it and move on is the way it should be done.
No surprise there is agro in the change room, my only concern is the way it was handled.
Kids cop a bullocking at training and in games all the time, leave them alone, let it sink in, let them have a sulk if that's how they deal with it, but come out and get it right next time.
My understanding from what I read was that he was sulking in front of his locker and Jack stood in front of him and laughed at him. Massive error of judgement on his part and with all his experience it shouldn't happen.
That's my personal opinion only. Let's move on at look at the positives coming out of training and there's plenty of them.
If that did happen, personal opinion it’s better to happen in the locker room then against opposition.
TT will grow from it and be better for it.

If that did happen, personal opinion it’s better to happen in the locker room then against opposition.
TT will grow from it and be better for it.
If it's as he says, then hopefully jack will too.

Footy takes all types, now more than ever. Simply can't get away with using the same techniques with everyone. Could well be that Jack simply has a generally brusque country lad attitude to things, and that this approach to leadership/camaraderie simply rubs certain types the wrong way and that there are occasional fireworks because of it.

I'm just guessing, but it would make sense, and might explain why a specific subset of players have an issue (if that is the case).

My understanding from what I read was that he was sulking in front of his locker and Jack stood in front of him and laughed at him.

If it's true, then it's brilliant. Winners don't sook.

Massive error of judgement on his part and with all his experience it shouldn't happen.

This type of reasoning has led to an entire generation of soft utensils.

If it's true, then it's brilliant. Winners don't sook.

This type of reasoning has led to an entire generation of soft utensils.

Sometimes you go too hard on this theme (IMO), but in this case I think you're spot on.

Big learning incident for TT, and he'll only be better for it.

Kids emotional cause he cares. I love that he gives a *.
If Jack tried to laugh it off as a way to help dealing with it then perhaps not all players on the list respond the same way.
Part of being a good captain is knowing how to pick picks peoples emotions for their own benefit.
Good learning curve.

Kids emotional cause he cares. I love that he gives a fu**.
If Jack tried to laugh it off as a way to help dealing with it then perhaps not all players on the list respond the same way.
Part of being a good captain is knowing how to pick picks peoples emotions for their own benefit.
Good learning curve.

Nail, hammer, head.

Part of Brad Scott’s philosophy was one brush for all - as a leader now days you need to set and accept standards but you have to treat every individual on their own merits and know how each person responds. Classic carrot and stick,

Jacks actions are the opposite of how rhyce has been going about it. You want your leaders to guide you and want to follow out into battlewith, not want to snot them because they’ve been a smart arse to you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually only read BF for updates on your lame sardonic sense of superiority.

I’m flattered.

But in fairness, I think you give most of the board feelings of superiority given the quality of your excessive posting and repetitive, misguided rants.

... Now you’re replying and having a go at posts that in no way relate to you at all. Why bother? It’s a bit sad really.

Whats all this about TT wanting out?

I mean, its coming from a tigers burner account as far as I can tell, and so likely your typical campaigner, but it would be nice to know from one of the guys here to confirm the details. No guessing please.

Personally, the kid has done zero for the club so far and is just an excellent prospect, so him wanting to go is more a character flaw (piss weak) I'd rather not see in north colours.

However if there is some kind of feud and disrespect of the main group or the brothers with jz then that is not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back