Teams 2020 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with it?
Newman, Smith, Worpel and Lyons all need a decent jump on scoring to be top in their lines, none are cheap to lessen the risk and that much risk combined is asking for trouble. On top of all that risk you've got Jelly in the mids too so likely another trade down at some stage. 7 premos isn't enough to start with and I can see you burning through trades trying to fix it.

Newman, Smith, Worpel and Lyons all need a decent jump on scoring to be top in their lines, none are cheap to lessen the risk and that much risk combined is asking for trouble. On top of all that risk you've got Jelly in the mids too so likely another trade down at some stage. 7 premos isn't enough to start with and I can see you burning through trades trying to fix it.
Can't agree with that, Andrew Birch has finished in the Top 600 the past several seasons running mid priced madness teams.

Can't agree with that, Andrew Birch has finished in the Top 600 the past several seasons running mid priced madness teams.
The 4 players aren't even midpricers, all low end premos, No issue with running a few midpricers either hoping they become premos or make enough cash to use as a stepping stone but none of his 4 picks are cheap enough to mitigate the risk.

The 4 players aren't even midpricers, all low end premos, No issue with running a few midpricers either hoping they become premos or make enough cash to use as a stepping stone but none of his 4 picks are cheap enough to mitigate the risk.

Lyons through his last 16 games averaged 113. I'd take 107+ across the year from him at 530k.

I feel he has upside as do all of the players I've picked.

Happy to take my risk with picking players I feel that have upside as opposed to players like Docherty who is coming off 2 knees in 2 years among many other injury discounted players I've seen in sides round here.

Lyons through his last 16 games averaged 113. I'd take 107+ across the year from him at 530k.

Happy to take my risk with picking players I feel that have upside as opposed to players like Docherty who is coming off 2 knees in 2 years among many other injury discounted players I've seen in sides round here.
Back your gut but there's a lot of risk there and if it doesn't work it's season over while you burn through trades playing catch up. Nothing wrong with taking some risks but they compound as you take more and more, one or two are easier to deal with if things go pear shaped than 5.

Back your gut but there's a lot of risk there and if it doesn't work it's season over while you burn through trades playing catch up. Nothing wrong with taking some risks but they compound as you take more and more, one or two are easier to deal with if things go pear shaped than 5.

I will be. Thanks for your feedback and concern ;)

This is interesting, I didn't appreciate Lyons' consistent last 2/3 of the season. I currently have Yeo, who I think has great upside potential, but you make a compelling case for a guy who is almost $50k cheaper.

This is interesting, I didn't appreciate Lyons' consistent last 2/3 of the season. I currently have Yeo, who I think has great upside potential, but you make a compelling case for a guy who is almost $50k cheaper.
1581133802484.png

I might have to take what I said about Lyons back, I didn't realize he was this good!

The others tho I am skeptical, but credit where credit is due.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels thin in defence, but 5 mid premiums and 4 FWD premiums (all hopefully keepers) lessens that impact I feel.
Also zero chance I miss starting with Gawn and Grundy like the past 2 seasons.

Merrett isn't a sexy choice but is essentially an early season POD who could prove to be a difference maker if he comes out firing.
Have considered McCluggage in this position so will monitor his pre-season form. If he performs well and Houston doesn't set the world on fire playing midfield I may switch D1 and M5 to Laird and Clug.

Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 4.55.52 pm.png

Version 0.4 Jarryd Lyons edition:

View attachment 819459

Cool team, though I don’t think Cottrell is much chance of a game in the first half of the season. Williamson is our defence rookie who is probably the best chance at starting round 1, probably on a wing.

Is Starcevich a good chance to play early? D5 is some confidence though understand rookies are place holders at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back