Updated Club Song

Pick one

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not all about winning gaiz.

Says the eagles after our flag winning season leads us to become one of the richest and most successful clubs in Australia.

They weren't saying that s**t from 2008-2010 when our membership numbers decreased, i tell you that much.

Last edited:
That’s choosing between two types of winning. Which was your favourite year 2006 or 2010? I know which one I favoured.

So what your saying is you agree with me. There is more than one way to win, so you can win in a good way or maybe not so good way. So the song defines they want to win with West Coast Magic.

Ye let’s write a better song and petition it in
Stephen Wells the "marketing brand guru" just said on Ch 9 that over the next year or so members will be given the opportunity to provide input into the words of the song. This should have happened before the change but nevertheless it is good to hear.I am sure that we will come up with a vastly improved club song at the end of the process.

Stephen Wells the "marketing brand guru" just said on Ch 9 that over the next year or so members will be given the opportunity to provide input into the words of the song. This should have happened before the change but nevertheless it is good to hear.I am sure that we will come up with a vastly improved club song at the end of the process.
Wait, what? They're gonna change it again? Surely not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I've found myself with this stuck in my head far more than I would have thought.

Unsure if it's because I enjoy it, or if I miss footy.

I hope they tweak the chorus to sound more like the original. After a win, chant the opening verse, belt out the original-sounding chorus, done and dusted.

No one will care about the rest of the song. Like the original second, third and fourth verses of Advance Australia Fair:

When gallant Cook from Albion sailed,
To trace wide oceans o'er,
True British courage bore him on,
Til he landed on our shore.
Then here he raised Old England's flag,
The standard of the brave;
"With all her faults we love her still"
"Britannia rules the wave."
In joyful strains then let us sing
Advance Australia fair.

While other nations of the globe
Behold us from afar,