Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

I have no issue with dogs being brought to the course.

I am torn on this question...once hit a beauty 3 feet from the hole on my second and watched as a golden retriever puppy raced from his home to the green and made off with it.

Didn’t know whether the bastard stole a birdie from me or saved me from an embarrassing 2 putt

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I am torn on this question...once hit a beauty 3 feet from the hole on my second and watched as a golden retriever puppy raced from his home to the green and made off with it.

Didn’t know whether the bastard stole a birdie from me or saved me from an embarrassing 2 putt
Two putt? I can three putt from there.

Sep 27, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WILDCATS/STH.FREO/CELTICS
Was a cracking day today at the Vic open except for the bloody wind, man these guys and gals are talented. Followed my next wife around for a while So Yeon Ryu, my support must have inspired her, anyone shooting par in those conditions was doing very well let alone going under. They make it look so it easy, i said to my wife those conditions would have been too hard for me to play.

A great tournament and would highly recommend it as a day out, the fact you can walk down the fairways with the players and be so close when they are playing their shots is just brilliant. Watching the ladies just re affirms my belief women golfers should be paid as much as men, whilst they don't have the muscle the men do, their skill level is at an equal for mine.

My wife who is not really a golf fan enjoyed the day, having dogs walking the fairways might have had something to do with it, plus a display of wildlife with Koalas and Wombats kept her entertained. She did also enjoy the golf as well, and was surprised how far the girls could hit the ball.

Was a cracking day today at the Vic open except for the bloody wind, man these guys and gals are talented. Followed my next wife around for a while So Yeon Ryu, my support must have inspired her, anyone shooting par in those conditions was doing very well let alone going under. They make it look so it easy, i said to my wife those conditions would have been too hard for me to play.

A great tournament and would highly recommend it as a day out, the fact you can walk down the fairways with the players and be so close when they are playing their shots is just brilliant. Watching the ladies just re affirms my belief women golfers should be paid as much as men, whilst they don't have the muscle the men do, their skill level is at an equal for mine.

My wife who is not really a golf fan enjoyed the day, having dogs walking the fairways might have had something to do with it, plus a display of wildlife with Koalas and Wombats kept her entertained. She did also enjoy the golf as well, and was surprised how far the girls could hit the ball.

Great post! Would love to play a rounf of golf with so yeon ryu.

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
Watching the ladies just re affirms my belief women golfers should be paid as much as men, whilst they don't have the muscle the men do, their skill level is at an equal for mine.
When the LPGA can find a gaggle of sponsors ready to pony up $8M USD per event then that will surely happen.

The reason why the women are more interesting to watch at 13th Beach is because the men hit it so ridiculously long that everything is driver wedge for them. The women on the other hand hit it shorter and typically play more full length shots into holes. As a result they miss more greens so you see a greater array of shots.

Maybe the proposed ball rollback will reset the balance but generally men's golf on these courses is pretty dull to watch.

When the LPGA can find a gaggle of sponsors ready to pony up $8M USD per event then that will surely happen.

The reason why the women are more interesting to watch at 13th Beach is because the men hit it so ridiculously long that everything is driver wedge for them. The women on the other hand hit it shorter and typically play more full length shots into holes. As a result they miss more greens so you see a greater array of shots.

Maybe the proposed ball rollback will reset the balance but generally men's golf on these courses is pretty dull to watch.

I'm totally against the ball roll back.
I'd propose far greater risk reward for those wanting to hit bombs, longer rough from 290-370m. Narrow the fairways in that distance range as well

Back