Opinion North Board-Media & Entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes it’s very good a bit on the dark side, not sure if it’s the best movie in the last 12 months but definitely worth a look.

I can’t work out the Oscars. There’s some real barf that have won over the years. Whoever votes are a very reactive and unadventurous bunch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I keep pushing this podcast for anyone that likes long form podcasts, but honestly they don’t come anymore thorough.

Currently doing a series on Jim Jones that would be better then anything ever covered on Jonestown.

He’s had to divide the latest episode into two half’s and the first half is just over 6 hours long🙃. It’s the 4th episode covering the topic. Reckon this guy doesn’t get the love he deserves because people have labeled him as alt right because of some s**t he’s written on Twitter (no s**t read the reviews on apple podcasts). Anyway give it a go. He rivals Dan Carlin imo.

Well done " Parasite " ( sorry, showing my colours )

SONG Kang-ho. Korea's best male actor 👍

Anybody want to watch other Korean movies;

Old-boy ( the original )
3Iron
Pieta
Mother
Bittersweet life
Oasis
The Handmaiden
Massive fan of South Korean cinema here too :korea:

+1 to all of Hoj's recommendations above and I'd like to add:

Castaway on the Moon
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter & Spring
Pieta
The Isle
The Man from Nowhere
A Bitter Sweet Life
Punch

Heaps more but that's just off the top of my head

Ok Hojuman a few more, just looking at my Box Office file on the pc:

Sympathy for Mr Vengence
Sympathy for Lady Vengence
The Bow
The Chaser
Yellow Sea
Memoir of a Murder
Confession of Murder
Peppermint Candy
Poetry

Oh yeah and Burning.

I think South Korea has been consistently making great cinema for the last 20 years.

Quirky, touching, thoughtful, brutal and batshit crazy all in 2hrs of pure escapism, that's what Korean cinema is for me.

******* brilliant :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back