Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
United's problem isnt signing Ighalo now, it was not signing decent backup in the summer.

Left them in a position where were desperately seeking any old s**t just to get a body in.

Ighalo is an interesting one. Had that great year or so, but it's been a while now. Low risk signing though.

Ighalo to United is hilarious. Uncanny how much everything about them at the moment reminds me of early 10's Liverpool. Seeing United fans rationalise it and try and make it in to a positive reminds me of what I used to do when we made s**t signings like that. The guy scored 1 goal in his last season in the PL.

Where is this happening?

We just needed an extra body in the squad to be a third choice if Greenwood and Martial go down. I'd much, much rather take an average player on loan for that role than be forced to fork out for a better player who has no long term future with the club.

No one is trying to spin it into a positive because we all see it for what it is and are just glad to have some temporary cover should disaster strike.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't mind a transfer window where English clubs can only buy and sell with each other until the season starts while the rest of window remains open but they can only do dealings with foreign clubs

Disappointed that the whole of Europe couldn't agree on the window opening right after the CL final up until the season starts.

Doesn't really matter, teams are already working on deals prior to the windows opening. That's why we get official announcements prior.

Doesn't really matter, teams are already working on deals prior to the windows opening. That's why we get official announcements prior.
I'm more concerned with the latter part. Would be good for players to get a bit of pre-season in at the new club or at least be there prior to the 1st game.

The bit that I don't like is clubs going through the first part f the season with incomplete squads cause they want to leave their purchases to the last minute.

Also when players aren't in the right frame of mind to play the first month leading up to a later deadline.

Bayern want Firmino apparently. Not sure of their chances on that to be honest. Could only see one of the big two spainish clubs having a shot at prising him away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back