dave warner. cricket fans most popular choice as oz captain!

Remove this Banner Ad

It's probably the same idiots who voted him MotM in the Bellerive test last year.

Michael%20Slater.jpg

1 in 25 people think siddle think Siddle is the best person for captain
1 in 25 people are functional illiterates

Coincidence? I think not.

Cricket scribes also said Cameron White was good and the next Shane Warne.
then people thought Steve Smith was worthy of playing t20, test and ODI cricket with his talent....
Cam white is a good captain though his form has tailed of dramatically last 2-2 1/2 seasons

Won't get the captain gig for a while, but I definitely see him as the successor to Clarke in Tests and One Dayers, and also from Bailey in T20's. Will probably get the T20 captaincy first to try him out.

Seems to have a good cricket brain, averages mid 40s from his first dozen Tests with three 100s and a few 50s, and is a gun in the shorter forms well and truly.

As he has come from T20 cricket though, I know plenty still won't accept him as a Test player regardless of what he achieves, and certainly won't be happy with him as Test captain, but they can get stuffed.:)

Won't get the captain gig for a while, but I definitely see him as the successor to Clarke in Tests and One Dayers, and also from Bailey in T20's. Will probably get the T20 captaincy first to try him out.

Seems to have a good cricket brain, averages mid 40s from his first dozen Tests with three 100s and a few 50s, and is a gun in the shorter forms well and truly.

As he has come from T20 cricket though, I know plenty still won't accept him as a Test player regardless of what he achieves, and certainly won't be happy with him as Test captain, but they can get stuffed.:)
He isn't a gun in the ond dayers at all, not near being a gun unless you consider an average of 30 to be top class.

Saw this cheat win a medal of some kind this morning standing beside a beautiful female cricket athlete , and if ever a woman looked uncomfortable standing next to this bloke who should never have been allowed to play for Australia again she did. She looked very very uncomfortable, maybe it was nothing to do with the cheat, but she had to stand by a winner who didn’t deserve to have the chance , my opinion of course , but a cheat is now back on the gravy train, shows how Aussies don’t give a stuff what any cheat does as long as he can play well, so Warner never can you be recognised what ever you do but anything as a cheat, and anything goes to win. Your a loser mate.

Saw this cheat win a medal of some kind this morning standing beside a beautiful female cricket athlete , and if ever a woman looked uncomfortable standing next to this bloke who should never have been allowed to play for Australia again she did. She looked very very uncomfortable, maybe it was nothing to do with the cheat, but she had to stand by a winner who didn’t deserve to have the chance , my opinion of course , but a cheat is now back on the gravy train, shows how Aussies don’t give a stuff what any cheat does as long as he can play well, so Warner never can you be recognised what ever you do but anything as a cheat, and anything goes to win. Your a loser mate.

Talk about over the top. He has paid for his error in judgement. You think he hasn't regretted it? He talks about it every single interview as it being an absolute mistake and one he wishes he could take back. We all make mistakes. He can't be leader or any type the rest of his career, that is punishment enough considering he was odds on to be the t20 and ODI captain at least. We punished these 3 over the top, was purely a PR thing which was a joke in itself, especially when a month later the same thing happened again and the player from another country got 1 test match!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the dumbest posts in Bigfooty history. Well done flog.

One of the dumbest posts in Bigfooty history. Well done flog.

Agreed. Now I'm far from Warner's biggest fan and he's an absolute FTB and Cummins should have won last night personally as I view the voting system is ridiculous, however come off it, enough is enough. He mad a mistake, you telling me you haven't made one?

Agreed. Now I'm far from Warner's biggest fan and he's an absolute FTB and Cummins should have won last night personally as I view the voting system is ridiculous, however come off it, enough is enough. He mad a mistake, you telling me you haven't made one?
I was surprised he won it aswell but that's an issue with the voting system an weighting. He also cheated in a way cricketers have been cheating in for years but everyone pretends never happens. He paid his dues, they all did and were welcomed back. Pretty remarkable how well Warner and Smith played in the WC and Ashes. I honestly reckon if a young Shane Warne started now he wouldn't have survived the media and fans vitriol over his arrogance/confidence

I was surprised he won it aswell but that's an issue with the voting system an weighting. He also cheated in a way cricketers have been cheating in for years but everyone pretends never happens. He paid his dues, they all did and were welcomed back. Pretty remarkable how well Warner and Smith played in the WC and Ashes. I honestly reckon if a young Shane Warne started now he wouldn't have survived the media and fans vitriol over his arrogance/confidence

Yep my issue is more the weighting. I firmly believe home matches should be weighted less. On the current system it sort of makes sense. The Ashes as rubbish as they were, were only 5 tests in the scheme of things. Him or Lab would have got 2/3 in most tests this summer. He had a very good WC too. I don't really watch much International t20 (rather the IPL and Big Bash) much so wouldn't know there. At the end of the day, for how long are we going to take pot shots at him making an error, enough is enough.

Yep my issue is more the weighting. I firmly believe home matches should be weighted less. On the current system it sort of makes sense. The Ashes as rubbish as they were, were only 5 tests in the scheme of things. Him or Lab would have got 2/3 in most tests this summer. He had a very good WC too. I don't really watch much International t20 (rather the IPL and Big Bash) much so wouldn't know there. At the end of the day, for how long are we going to take pot shots at him making an error, enough is enough.
Guess that also depends on if you rate a century at home against India as less than a century away against the WI

Guess that also depends on if you rate a century at home against India as less than a century away against the WI

Personally I'd still take the away runs.

There's no perfect solution though, just personally I view overseas performances more.

A bit like rewarding the Brownlow to a player who has an awful final series.

To those who have some sort of moral issue with Warner winning an award, bog off. We and the whole cricketing world know his punishment was completely out of proportion to the crime.

However, the fact he won is still a joke. Ashes performances rank way above anything else an Australian cricketer does. Don't care how many runs he made in the snick and giggle or against teenage Pakistanis.

To those who have some sort of moral issue with Warner winning an award, bog off. We and the whole cricketing world know his punishment was completely out of proportion to the crime.

However, the fact he won is still a joke. Ashes performances rank way above anything else an Australian cricketer does. Don't care how many runs he made in the snick and giggle or against teenage Pakistanis.
At the end of the day who cares. People won't remember how many Border medals he won but they will remember how many runs Smith scored

I don't have any moral issue with him winning, I have the issue with the fact he averaged 9 in the ashes then beat up on minnow Pakistan on roads. It's ridiculous

He should have been dropped for the Ashes 5th test at the very least

The argument people have is 'well 3 votes against Richmond counts the same as 3 against GCS' but this is a different sport. Tests aren't created equal and I don't think there's a fan in the country who thinks Warner was our best player this year. The voting system needs an overhaul

Remove this Banner Ad

Back