List Mgmt. Ben Amarfio - has resigned as our CEO - Thank you Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

A 20,000 boutique stadium at Arden St would be insane ( in a good way).
Get to keep all of the revenue, turn it into the Shinboner Cauldron
Imagine the atmosphere , even against the interstaters
We have a board full of people who regularly deal with government
Get Sonja and P Crapper involved
Lobby, lobby hard
Get Kerry Stokes to write the first big cheque

One can only dream

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

And another thing.

Current ground dimensions at Arden Street reflect those of Marvel Stadium (for obvious and smart reasons).

But there ain't a reason why those dimensions couldn't be altered to allow more space along the sides of any future playing spaces.

Compared to other AFL grounds there's theoretically plenty of room to spare:

AFL BOUNDARY DIMENSIONS
Ground - length - width
UTAS Stadium - 175m - 145m
TIO Stadium - 175m - 135m
GMHBA Stadium - 170m - 116m
TIO Traeger Park - 168m - 132m
Adelaide Oval - 167m - 123m
Cazaly’s Stadium - 165m - 135m
Optus Stadium - 165m - 130m
Spotless Stadium - 164m - 128m
UNSW Canberra Oval - 162.5m - 138m
MCG - 161m - 138m
Jiangwan Stadium - 160m - 136m
Etihad Stadium - 160m - 129m
Mars Stadium - 160m - 129m
Blundstone Arena - 160m - 124m
Metricon Stadium - 158m - 134m
Gabba - 156m - 138m
SCG - 155m - 136m

Guys, let's not mix the two notions together - a need for a Boutique stadium in Melbourne, and doing it at Arden St.
Arden St is simply not an option, as physically there is no space for any meaningful seating area. FFS, our own facilities are in the way as much as anything else.
We should get together with St Kilda and Bulldogs (GoDees would suit as well, but the idiots will never agree to play outside of the G) and together lobby the state government to make it happen.

Last edited:

Guys, let's not mix the two notions together - a need for a Boutique stadium in Melbourne, and doing it at Arden St.
Arden St is simply not possibly, as physically there is no space for any meaningful seating area. FFS, our own facilities are in the way as much as anything else.
We should get together with St Kilda and Bulldogs (GoDees would suit as well, but the idiots will never agree to play outside of the G) and together lobby the state government to make it happen.
On the wings you may be right but not at either end of the ground. Plenty of room there.

No doubt the trees would have to be replaced somewhere else.

Im not necessarily arguing for even a full blown boutique stadium, rather steps being taken to allow Arden St to host AFL games.

The Whitten Oval is clearly the most rational site for a 20-30k stadium.

A 20,000 boutique stadium at Arden St would be insane ( in a good way).
Get to keep all of the revenue, turn it into the Shinboner Cauldron
Imagine the atmosphere , even against the interstaters
We have a board full of people who regularly deal with government
Get Sonja and P Crapper involved
Lobby, lobby hard
Get Kerry Stokes to write the first big cheque

One can only dream

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There's no question in my mind it would be a massive hit.

The general population, hipsters, sports fans, families would all want in for the novelty and intimacy of it all.

Food trucks nearby. You could make a night of it.

1st minute of Brady's interview spent by Dwayne talking about how awesome it would be for the Saints to play home games at Moorabbin.

This is the hill I die on.

If we're not looking at this and seeing a change in the wind in terms of public and media readiness for a return to traditional home games for smaller drawing matches, than they don't deserve to be in charge.

1st minute of Brady's interview spent by Dwayne talking about how awesome it would be for the Saints to play home games at Moorabbin.

If we're not looking at this and seeing a change in the wind in terms of public and media readiness for a return to traditional home games for smaller drawing matches, than they don't deserve to be in charge.
This article has impeccable timing

This article has impeccable timing

There is even some momentum at AFL Commission level to build a third boutique stadium in Melbourne with a 35,000 capacity that would be better suited for AFL games between smaller local AFL teams and non-Victorian clubs.

I am not going to shut up about this. We can make this happen for us if we really want to. And it doesn't have to be a 35k boutique stadium. It can be a 10k lock-out at Arden St.

Honestly, I'd rather attend that game against the Gold Coast than a 40k game against the Bulldogs at Marvel.

Moorabbin was still an AFL venue in the early 1990s. It still has the main stand (I should check it out, as I as live 15 minutes walk from it). Arden St is simply not an option mate. As much as we'd all like it.

Moorabbin was still an AFL venue in the early 1990s. It still has the main stand (I should check it out, as I as live 15 minutes walk from it). Arden St is simply not an option mate. As much as we'd all like it.

You may say I'm a dreameeeeer...

On topic, Ben spoke well particularly re his understanding and respect of club culture.

As opposed to culture club.

1795825de0daa0f1c84e05af6ea1be2474e6d09a

Ben... do you really want to hurt me?

It's a good hill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm with you brother.

The first thing we need is some sort of Facebook account for the site. It needs to be there soon and have high standards. I don't even do Facebook but it's pretty obvious this sort of thing is what starts the momentum.

Something has to exist in people's imagination before it comes into reality and that's as good a way to get it in there as possible. Even if people poo poo the idea it'll be in their heads.

We can do this.

Good Friday Appeal.

Yeah I know. This morning s doctor in Western Sydney called for all major population centres in NSW to go into quarantine as a precaution against the Wuhan Wheeze.

I think she's just come out of 14 day isolation at the centre of onE of NSW worst outbreaks in North Sydney/Ryde.

I met Ben at the Royal Children's Hospital last week when they were there doing the press conference. Had a good chat with him. He was very happy to talk and I found him to be very genuine.

I met Ben at the Royal Children's Hospital last week when they were there doing the press conference. Had a good chat with him. He was very happy to talk and I found him to be very genuine.
How does he like his eggs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back