Play Nice Random Chat Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the young guys who work for me complain its too hard to buy an apartment, but they have no problem buying 2 coffees a day, cafe meals for breakfast and lunch, then ordering uber eats for dinner, everry day, and going out and spending whatever they have left at the bar on a friday night.

Lol i'm sure cutting out those 2 coffees a day will more than make up for the $300k+ extra it costs to buy an apartment these days.

Who knows, some aliens may be doing the same with us!
They give us a planet to roam around on, create, breed and then cark it while they wait and snatch our souls to keep firing their reactors/suns/bongs whatever!

It's what the gods do while we are alive. Feed off our pain and suffering.

(And our joy and happiness as well as everything in between.)

Makes sense that it won't end when we're dead.

Lol i'm sure cutting out those 2 coffees a day will more than make up for the $300k+ extra it costs to buy an apartment these days.
No perspective. In 1990 the median unit price for Melbourne was $115,000. In 2019 it was $645,000.
In 1990 the average weekly salary in Australia was $523. In 2019 it's $1634.

So a flat in Melbourne costs 460% more but salaries have only gone up by 212%. Must be the coffees.

Over 3k a year in coffee. Plus another 10 or 20 a day on food. Another 3 to 6k and that's not including eating out.

Not saying it's wrong, but its a choice.

They're effectively whinging about choices and we're not talking the average wage here. 180k/pa is significantly more than than 1.6k per week. More than double it. These are actually people who should be able to afford to buy a place in today's market. People who are working ave wage or less don't have the luxury of uber eats every night.

No perspective. In 1990 the median unit price for Melbourne was $115,000. In 2019 it was $645,000.

So a flat in Melbourne costs 460% more but salaries have only gone up by 212%. Must be the coffees.

Coffees, phone, data, breakfasts, lunch out, electricity, water, Netflix, Stan, Foxtel, Ubereats, Myki, Optus EPL, car, petrol, rent.

Not a huge amount of leftover coin once you remove the necessities.

Although I tend to agree in principle, I wonder the borrow power of someone on $523 vs $1634 is.. I wonder if that’s the exponential difference.

Ha, with all due respect, you might want to have a quick re-read of what I said.

My post was solely addressing the subject of whether or not Joaquin's speech was coming from a sincere place. If you check my post you'll see that I wasn't in any way lauding him for his veganism, so not sure why all that other stuff was directed at me. I was simply clarifying that his back-story would seem to suggest that the speech he gave wasn't a piss take. That's all.
sorry mate, it wasnt intended to be directed at you at all, i just used your post to quote the matter re veganism, which my rant was directed to , my apologies it looked like i was potting you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been an eventful couple of weeks .... spoke to a bloke who'd been in a coma for a few months, had never spoken to anyone who'd been in a coma. Anyway, he got a blood clot and they removed a leg, while he was in a coma! I asked if it had improved his dancing? He said no! I asked if he had dreams while he was in a coma? He said yeah horrible, frightening dreams. I asked if they were about someone cutting off his leg? He said nope, much worse than that. Entirely horrible, vivid and scary as hell. Spoke to a woman who turned 90. I congratulated her and asked if she wanted to get the 100 to get a letter from HRH Liz. She said she wanted to die as all her family were gone, her friends are all gone and although still active, she couldn't do what she wanted to do, physically. Which put me at odds with a mate of mine who is currently in Europe and about to embark on his own personal freedom from MND.

And my best little mate started school 🙃

Been an eventful couple of weeks .... spoke to a bloke who'd been in a coma for a few months, had never spoken to anyone who'd been in a coma. Anyway, he got a blood clot and they removed a leg, while he was in a coma! I asked if it had improved his dancing? He said no! I asked if he had dreams while he was in a coma? He said yeah horrible, frightening dreams. I asked if they were about someone cutting off his leg? He said nope, much worse than that. Entirely horrible, vivid and scary as hell. Spoke to a woman who turned 90. I congratulated her and asked if she wanted to get the 100 to get a letter from HRH Liz. She said she wanted to die as all her family were gone, her friends are all gone and although still active, she couldn't do what she wanted to do, physically. Which put me at odds with a mate of mine who is currently in Europe and about to embark on his own personal freedom from MND.

And my best little mate started school 🙃

My brothers family are friends with the firefighter from Frankston who flew to Switzerland recently for similar circumstances.

I believe you are actually saying “I am really ripped!”

But there you go.

Now that I am really ripped I got to thinking...

If there are things feeding off emotions then there are obviously versions of these things for footy clubs and they must do battle when games are on. Obviously its not a numbers thing or the biggest clubs would win every flag (cos their things - call them egregores have the most food and therefore energy and size) so it must have something to do with the intensity and purity of the emotion.

Kind of explains Richmond recently too.

10 years later I was interviewing graduates for roles paying 180kUSD starting salary, these kids would turn up to work for 3 months, and then quit cause "its too hard and the hours are too long".
Hahahaha this week on "100% totally true boomer stories"

There are no graduate jobs out there for 180k USD, and I can assure you that if anyone got one of these mythical jobs they definitely wouldn't be leaving because it's too hard.

You and others may disagree, and that's okay. I just posted it because I thought it was pretty beautiful, and wanted to share it.

I'm going to fire up some patchouli incense in honor of this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back