Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
* I don't get Woody, comes out with a big announcement that United are going to be big players in the summer, we don't need to announce this to all the selling clubs, they'll just make us pay more.

Lock in Poch to United in the summer.

Nah….Ole deserves at least another year to rebuild this squad & fashion it in into his own....Still too many Jose duds init.

Piss Pogba off & use the $$$ to bring in 3 good kids, including Grealish…..We're still in re-build mode.

Nah….Ole deserves at least another year to rebuild this squad & fashion it in into his own....Still too many Jose duds init.

Piss Pogba off & use the $$$ to bring in 3 good kids, including Grealish…..We're still in re-build mode.

You're an idiot if you'd rather Ole to be in charge of the re-build instead of Poch.

You're an idiot if you'd rather Ole to be in charge of the re-build instead of Poch.

Ole deserves time....It took Fergie 7 years to get us our first Premier League trophy.

How has this managerial merry-go-round served us since Fergie's departure thus far?....and still you ask for more of the same BS, idiotic quickie fix ideology.

It's a very loose link tbh though.
2 reasonable tomatoes mentioned it a couple of weeks ago. Dunc and Phil Brown usually have decent mail. I thought Poch's demands would be too much for Woody but perhaps not.

Stop using the “it took fergie x amount of years to do this and that”. It’s 2020, not 1989 anymore, and you seriously can’t compare Ole to the goat.

Ole isn’t good enough, Poch is a far superior manager and we must get him in the summer.

If Poch was any good as a long-term, era-type manager, then he'd still be at Tottenham.

You blokes with your 'grass is always greener' crap. crack me up.....Stop looking for quickie fixes where there is noone.

If Poch was any good as a long-term, era-type manager, then he'd still be at Tottenham.

You blokes with your 'grass is always greener' crap. crack me up.....Stop looking for quickie fixes where there is noone.

Spurs went something like 18 months without making a signing when they were one of three teams legitimately challenging for the title, he was let down by the hierarchy. Outside of that he still managed to build a team capable of challenging. He is so far in front of Ole in terms of management skills they are not even in the same book.

We’re not looking for quickie fixes, pretty much everyone here wants Poch to take hold of our ‘rebuild’. We know we are in the midst of a rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spurs went something like 18 months without making a signing when they were one of three teams legitimately challenging for the title, he was let down by the hierarchy. Outside of that he still managed to build a team capable of challenging. He is so far in front of Ole in terms of management skills they are not even in the same book.

He also got them to a CL final whilst signing * all for that 18 months. Yes he had a mou like collapse in the end but as you said, the lack of backing by the hierarchy led to that.

Stop using the “it took fergie x amount of years to do this and that”. It’s 2020, not 1989 anymore, and you seriously can’t compare Ole to the goat.

Ole isn’t good enough, Poch is a far superior manager and we must get him in the summer.
And finished second in literally his second year.

We’re not looking for quickie fixes, pretty much everyone here wants Poch to take hold of our ‘rebuild’. We know we are in the midst of a rebuild.

We are a dynastic club....almost all our success has come from 2 dynasty's encompassing the reign of 2 long-term mangers alone.

Why copy others when our own methodology has led to being the most successful club in English history?

Come on lads...We have a tried & true formule for success & it has zilch to do with quickie fixes & shunting mangers wily-nily.

Don't bother anymore gents, he just won't ever understand or concede that Ole is not a good manager.

Bigfooty special in here. Always one person with no idea. Anyway, I doubt they get rid of Ole, came out and backed his summer transfer plans the other day. Poch is a pipe dream.

No idea is where the poster doesn't address the argument but goes the ad-hom route…..That would be you here amigo.

My historical analysis is solid & on point.

all you blokes know how to do is scream 'I want it now' & 'The sky is falling' & oops, there goes all the toys out the cot again.

Zero vision & long-term strategy among the lot of you....Emotion over reason; Short-term knee-jerk quickie fixes over long-term planning.

The Busby Babes & Fergie's Fledglings.....These are what our successes have been built upon....The development & acquisition of British youth.

Last edited:
Short-term knee-jerk quickie fixes over long-term planning.

The club literally made Ole the full-time manager after the team had finished up winning 10 matches and drawing twice in the league with him in charge. After which time the team picked up 8 points from the final 24 points in the league. Is that the sort of knee-jerk reaction you mean?

Had the club not made Ole the permanent manager when they did they would never have never made him the manager given what happened in April and May. That isn’t good planning. That is seeing good results in 12 league matches and reacted to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back