2020 Women's T20 World Cup - India v Australia Final - Sun 8 March, 6pm AEDT

What lame headline will adorn The Daily Cricketer Times following the Women's T20 World Cup?

• New Zealand Saved By Priest And Devine Int-Kerr-vention? You Bates Believe It

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope the umpiring improves. Saw the worst decision I think I’ve ever seen in the last India v England game. The English chick tried a lap around the corner. Full face of the bat, caught by the keeper. Sort of appealed because it was so obvious. Not out.

the commentators were wondering what they’d missed. ive no idea what the umpire saw Or what she was watching But it wasn’t the game she was umpiring.

Wednesday's game might be a bit of a crapshoot unless they play on a different pitch or inject some flubber into the one used over the weekend.

Both Saturday and Sunday were timely cautions about the exaggerated importance placed on strike rates. For one thing, India's batsmen scored slower than Australia's and still won. And then it was Beth Mooney's controlled knock--took her time to get in, was 5 off 8 and didn't panic, kept working the singles and targeted the gaps on her ascent to a modest 125sr--that made the difference yesterday.

Nat Sciver was 16 off 11, England 2/52 needing 81 off 70, and then smacked one straight down Perry's throat on the boundary. How ridiculous. Same goes for Alyssa Healy who got the "just out of form" comm box cliche from Andy Benaud... uh no, she's just out of brain cells, mate. Something's wrong when Marcus Stoinis taking a few balls to get settled is widely talked about like a novel approach to batting.

Australia batting first in today's tri-series final, fta coverage on 7mate.

Hope the umpiring improves. Saw the worst decision I think I’ve ever seen in the last India v England game. The English chick tried a lap around the corner. Full face of the bat, caught by the keeper. Sort of appealed because it was so obvious. Not out.

the commentators were wondering what they’d missed. ive no idea what the umpire saw Or what she was watching But it wasn’t the game she was umpiring.
Forgot to reply to this. The last women's World T20 used the DRS and pretty sure that will be the case again, while the 3rd umpire will also be solely responsible for calling front-foot no-balls.

There was a five over patch in the middle of India's innings when every decision Meg made was wrong, dead wrong. Let's use our youngest bowlers to pepper the hip of Mandhana* and hope she "retires - exhausted (from hitting boundaries)". Blegh. Hopefully SuperBeth takes over the captaincy ASAP, which is probably still 13 months away, it would be doing everybody in Aus cricket a favour.

*luckily for Australia, she ended up throwing the game away like Sciver did on Sunday, ridiculous batting strikes again

---

Obviously team selection will depend on conditions and opposition, but if everybody's fit I'm not sure what Mott thinks his go-to XI is? It seems like he wants:
Healy, Mooney, Gardner, Lanning, Perry, Haynes, Sutherland, Molineux, Jonassen, Schutt, Vlaeminck

...which would be the worst fielding combo from the 15 available unfortunately (keeping in mind Carey on her dodgiest day still took a screamer when it really mattered).

---

Haynes this series, in chronological order:
0 (2), 9 (12), 11* (11), 24 (21), 18 (7 (out on the 2nd last ball of the innings))

...seems like she's working her way out of the slump. And that's why we don't drop proven champions after one bad season (which included two 50s and a 100 at international level, mind you).

Back