Movie Film Trivia

Remove this Banner Ad

Harvey Stephens, the former child actor who played Damien Thorn, the son of Satan, in the 1970s horror film The Omen, punched two cyclists in a road-rage attack in August of 2016. In January of 2017 he was given a suspended prison sentence – on Friday the 13th.

The canine actor who played Toto in The Wizard of Oz earned $125 per week for his efforts, while the actors playing the Munchkins were given just $50 a week.

One extremely funny and memorable scene in 'A Very Brady Sequel' in 1996 sees the bad guy Roy eat a plate full of spaghetti with mushroom sauce, only they aren't standard mushrooms, they are magic mushrooms. He begins tripping, hears the song 'Good Morning Star Shine' by Oliver and goes to a 1970s cartoon world full of bright colors where there are two dancing pandas, a dog, a bird wearing a magicians hat and animated versions of the six Brady kids.

I had always thought that the animation was specifically done for this film to show the effect of the magic mushroom trip, what I didn't know until years later was that this animation came from an early 1970s spin off cartoon called 'The Brady Kids'. I had never seen nor heard of this cartoon before.

In the classic 1988 comedy 'A Fish Called Wanda', John Cleese's character Archie has a somewhat stuck-up and bratty teenage daughter called Portia. Portia was played by John Cleese's real life daughter Cynthia Cleese, from his first marriage to Connie Booth. Cynthia Cleese also appeared in the 1997 film 'Fierce Creatures' which featured the same main cast (John Cleese, Michael Palin, Jamie-Lee Curtis and Kevin Kline) but which wasn't as successful.

In Superman and Superman II, filmed concurrently but released two years apart in 1978 and 1980 the actors who played the good guys with one exception have all died, while all the actors who played the bad guys are still alive.

The only living actor from Superman's good guys is Marc McClure, who played young Daily Planet photographer Jimmy Olsen. Christopher Reeve (Clark Kent/Superman), Margot Kidder (Lois Lane), Marlon Brando and Susannah York (Superman's Kryptonian Parents) and the actors who played Perry White, Clark Kent's adoptive parents, other Kryptonians and the US President have all passed away.

In contrast, Terrence Stamp (General Zod), Sarah Douglas (Ursa), Jack O'Halloran (Non), Gene Hackman (Lex Luthor), Valerie Perrine (Luthor's girlfriend) and Ned Beatty (Luthor's bumbling henchman Otis) are all still alive.

The late Robin Williams played two unrelated characters in movies with the unusual surname of Parrish.

The first was Alan Parrish in 1995's Jumanji, and the second was Sy Parrish in One Hour Photo from 2002.

Movie 43 released in 2013 is often found in 'worst movie of all time' lists, winning the Golden Raspberry for Worst Picture the same year. But did you know that there are two different versions of Movie 43?

The film consists of a number of comedy sketches (containing some very big name actors) linked by an overall story line. In the US theatrical version and also seen in Australia and several other countries in the linking storyline the sketches are part of the descriptions of an insane script writer (played by Dennis Quaid) trying to pitch his idea for a comedy film to an unimpressed and increasingly horrified producer (played by Greg Kinnear).

In England, the Netherlands and some other countries the arching story was completely different, and involved three teenage boys looking up increasingly offensive comedy sketches online.

In the 1989 comedy 'The Burbs' Tom Hanks' character Ray seems to be sliding into insanity, and in one scene he lies in bed staring vacantly at the television watching the titular Mister Rogers singing the opening theme to 'Mister Roger's Neighborhood'.

Thirty years later, Tom Hanks is playing Mister Rogers in the biopic about Fred Rogers called 'A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood'.

In Terminator 2, the scenes where the mental asylum orderly antagonizes Sarah Connor....licking her face unscripted, punching her in the stomach and not actually holding back, Haniltons knees where aching so much from each take as she fell to the ground from the punches, etc....seems like the director did this on purpose, instructing the male actor to do all this, in order to get Hamilton more rabid.

because in the follow up scenes where Connor bashes the orderly with a broom stick, are real, Hamilton not holding back and getting her revenge on the male actor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That seems unlikely

It is unlikely..... partially

From imdb.com trivia

(at around 16 mins) [Special Edition only] The "forced medication" scene had to be re-shot several times because Ken Gibbel would not hit Linda Hamilton properly with his nightstick. The scene was very physically demanding, and Hamilton was furious with Gibbel because he repeatedly botched it. She got her revenge in a later scene where she beats Gibbel with a broken-off broom handle--the blows were for real.

And I recall Cameron confirms the above in his T2 audio commentary.

The movie Two Moon Junction.
Sherrilyn Fenn has a nude scene that was not meant to be totally nude.

Some nightgown she believed was meant to stay on in a sex scene was purposely set up to fall completely off as he made sure the wardrobe department did something with it to make it fall apart which the young actress never knew he secretly did it. What an arsehole.

Last edited:
The 1980 (underappreciated) film The Long Riders about the James gang, featured four sets of acting brothers playing four sets of brothers.

David, Keith and Robert Carradine played the Younger brothers. James and Stacy Keach played the James brothers. Randy and Dennis Quaid played the Miller brothers. And lastly, Christopher and Nicholas Guest played the Ford brothers.

I know it's bad form to quote one's own post, but I'd like to point out that this film is on SBS Viceland tonight. Worth a look.

In 1984, a young Rupert Everett starred in a movie called 'Another Country'. The English actor portrayed a character called Guy Bennett and was based on the life of British spy Guy Burgess, who along with Donald MacLean, Kim Philby, Anthony Blunt and John Cairncross formed the infamous 'Cambridge Five' spy ring. These Cambridge-educated men worked in British intelligence, but were passing on classified information to the Soviets from the 1930s to the early 1950s.

In real life, Rupert Everett is the great-nephew of Burgess's co-conspirator Donald MacLean, Burgess and MacLean defecting to the USSR together in 1951.

I'm a bit embarrassed about this next one, considering Jumanji came out in 95 this guy still beat me by a couple of years.

View attachment 811703

I never realized until much later that he played J Bruce Ismay in Titanic in 1997, and he also played a memorable guest role in an episode of 'A Touch of Frost', portraying a sleazy university lecturer who believed in taking a 'hands on approach' to educating young, attractive female students.

The movie Two Moon Junction.
Sherrilyn Fenn has a nude scene that was not meant to be totally nude.

Some nightgown she believed was meant to stay on in a sex scene was purposely set up to fall completely off as he made sure the wardrobe department did something with it to make it fall apart which the young actress never knew he secretly did it. What an arsehole.
Sherrilyn Finn.. Jeezus she worked for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back